You can't get a good pizza

georgegeorgia

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have eaten in America many times and had some pretty good food, most notably in New Orleans. Cajun and Creole cuisine.

What I don't understand is the sizing of the meals, it's like every restaurant thinks they are cheating customers if the plate is not overflowing.

I have to differ on steak, IMO nothing beats a grass-fed Gippsland eye fillet.

Why do you care? If the portion is too much for you either take the rest home or leave it there, no harm done. 

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have eaten in America many times and had some pretty good food, most notably in New Orleans. Cajun and Creole cuisine.

What I don't understand is the sizing of the meals, it's like every restaurant thinks they are cheating customers if the plate is not overflowing.

I have to differ on steak, IMO nothing beats a grass-fed Gippsland eye fillet.

For the prices some restaurants charge, I don't expect to leave and be hungry by the time I get home or within the hour.

Sad when you leave a restaurant, then hit a BK for a Whopper within a hour of.

Here/TH, most times you get what you pay for, with those <100 baht plates/bowls of food.  Been impressed a few times, but usually takes 2 items off the menu for a meal, if not 3, unless just snacking, which most serving sizes are.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, everything I wrote is right. You're opinions are what's off.Taste actually reflects quality, or do you go by appearance? People buying, and commenting, on the pizzas they have is what makes up a poll. Are all wrong, all right, or it's still individual preference? Standards are set on what makes something good, and that's what people go by. When a New York pizza made by Italians, comes tied for first, they have something going there. A chef can move from Italy and make the same pizza he did back home. Or a recipe can be handed down and duplicated. Saying everything I said is wrong shows a closed mind, and one that goes by his own opinion. How else can anything be judged besides others voting? Look things up before you post. You can research what others say very easily these days.................All this “best in the world” is what is nonsense........... Your words, along with you in an earlier post saying Italy pizza, from Italy, is the best because you've had both Italy and New York style. I originally said that New York and New Jersey pizzas are among the best, right at the top every year, and that's true, and it's not just my thinking but millions of others, some who also have never been to Italy. When I go to Italy and try a few, then I'll come back and most likely say, they were as good as the ones I had back home.

Sorry, but are you a bit retarded? I already pointed out that the link you posted is with reference to the restaurant ‘experience’, rather than solely on the quality of the pizza. But you seem to want to ignore that salient point only to waffle on in exactly the same way, as if you are not aware of that fact. Again, your link indicates that they judged some restaurants on criteria that had nothing to do with the quality of the pizza. I also know they didn’t even dare to include any of the places popular with the locals in Naples. Unlike yourself, I’ve actually been to both places and stayed in the Campania region for a while. Your link is nonsense and you clearly don’t have a clue. Sorry, but you don’t. Just another American with his ‘best in the world’ nonsense and literally making things up to bolster their wild claims. Such as… “using the same ingredients”. Why don’t you provide some evidence for your claim that the NY/NJ pizzaiolo are utilising the same ingredients as their brothers in Naples?

You cannot, as you simply made that up. 

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've had steak from Texas, Japan , Australia, Argentina , Brazil and a few other places, and they're all great. Hard to decide. Enormous helpings is a big reason so many in the US are above average sized. Buffets are not a good thing for those without self control.

I found the same in Dubai we could share the meals, 

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

went  to the  the New York pizza

You can get California and Chicago pizza anywhere - though I don't know why anyone would want to... But.... you can't get New York pizza if you aren't in New York - has something to with the Hudson River water...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NextG said:

Sorry, but are you a bit retarded? I already pointed out that the link you posted is with reference to the restaurant ‘experience’, rather than solely on the quality of the pizza. But you seem to want to ignore that salient point only to waffle on in exactly the same way, as if you are not aware of that fact. Again, your link indicates that they judged some restaurants on criteria that had nothing to do with the quality of the pizza. I also know they didn’t even dare to include any of the places popular with the locals in Naples. Unlike yourself, I’ve actually been to both places and stayed in the Campania region for a while. Your link is nonsense and you clearly don’t have a clue. Sorry, but you don’t. Just another American with his ‘best in the world’ nonsense and literally making things up to bolster their wild claims. Such as… “using the same ingredients”. Why don’t you provide some evidence for your claim that the NY/NJ pizzaiolo are utilising the same ingredients as their brothers in Naples?

I don't have to prove myself to a person that thinks they are right, in a narcissistic attitude, which has no cure. You have no clue to whom you are replying to, nor how much I do know . All you are making is, again, your own opinion. Having pizza in Italy, like so many of my friends, who's opinions I agree with because I actually know they are intelligent and have sampled pizza from both places, doesn't make you an expert on said topic. Only an opinionated one. If you think I think any one place is the best, you're wrong.I said most of the best pizza comes from the New York area, and this is true. I didn't say any other places worldwide aren't comparable. can you not understand this? I also do not need to provide proof on what ingredients anyone uses. I know many pizza owners in New York, New Jersey and Texas, all of whom use much of the same products, and some the same suppliers. Some of these owners came from Italy, and yes, I do,and did,  have conversations with them, and see what they are using, and they have said they use a lot of the same product they used back in Italy. This is them speaking, showing me, not you thinking you actually know someone from a few typed words here, which isn't too bright in any event. You keep on posting like this, and it shows your narcissistic tendencies, of which again, there is no cure. You thinking you know more than anyone, especially me, is wrong. Your opinions are just that. If you have time other than wasting here, you can look it up yourself polls on what pizzas are regarded as the best. If a restaurant has great ambience, decor and excellent service, that doesn't get them to the top of the list. It still takes the pizza's taste, or are you too dense to understand this too? The only thing you have done and I haven't is tried pizza in Italy. That again, means nothing, as you aren't an expert on pizza just because you had a few. I've had pizza in hundreds of places over 67 years. That gives me some knowledge on quality, and it just happens to mirror what the friends I have that visited Italy have said. They are as good as the ones in the NYC area, not any better. Again, I will visit Italy someday, and sample the pizza, and make my own opinion about them, an opinion that means little, like yours, to anyone besides my own tastes. I don't make things up. Wake up and stop shoveling your BS. No one is agreeing and if you actually did know me, you wouldn't comment at all, because one type of person I've never gotten along with are arrogant, know it all narcissists, who have no place in society, and always think they are right, even when they are proven wrong over and over. This is pizza, and none are the best. People who are connoisseurs of pizza might think one is the best, while another with as much experience might say another is. Who's right? That's your answer, if again, you can comprehend. Some, by voting, are sitting at the top. There are reasons for this. Can you understand what these reasons are? Lastly, the word retarded is one used by preteens and teens to insult someone they think isn't too bright. Adults do not use that word because it is disrespectful and childish. That alone shows you're either not that old, or not too bright.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

Marcos or Frankies might be more to your liking. You seem to be fairly selective, though.

40 minutes ago, Anrude said:

As up to now after 10 years in Pattaya I found 3 decent Pizza : Dome in Pratumnak,Bronx (new york style slice) and the one I make my self in a gas driven pizza oven bought in Lazada).Please ad more if you have.

+1 for Bronx. Hops Brewhouse pizza has always been good.

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

A subject dear to my palate.   

1 hour ago, Anrude said:

As up to now after 10 years in Pattaya I found 3 decent Pizza : Dome in Pratumnak,Bronx (new york style slice) and the one I make my self in a gas driven pizza oven bought in Lazada).Please ad more if you have.

If you mean Doms you have no taste buds! 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Have you ever had pizza in Ny or NJ ?   Why so hateful on Americans ? Where do you think the Italians in NYC ,NY,and Philadelphia   learned  their recipes ?   Are you aware that some of the pizza places in the Northeast have their ovens from Italy over 100 years old?   Did you know that Italians in that area have bake pans at home handed down over generations that can't be bought today -pizza is fantastic .Here's the evidence for you the Italians in these area many are FROM Naples so they are using the ingredients.  Why do you find it necessary to come on here and a person that wants to discuss pizza?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't have to prove myself to a person that thinks they are right, in a narcissistic attitude, which has no cure. You have no clue to whom you are replying to, nor how much I do know . All you are making is, again, your own opinion. Having pizza in Italy, like so many of my friends, who's opinions I agree with because I actually know they are intelligent and have sampled pizza from both places, doesn't make you an expert on said topic. Only an opinionated one. If you think I think any one place is the best, you're wrong.I said most of the best pizza comes from the New York area, and this is true. I didn't say any other places worldwide aren't comparable. can you not understand this? I also do not need to provide proof on what ingredients anyone uses. I know many pizza owners in New York, New Jersey and Texas, all of whom use much of the same products, and some the same suppliers. Some of these owners came from Italy, and yes, I do,and did,  have conversations with them, and see what they are using, and they have said they use a lot of the same product they used back in Italy. This is them speaking, showing me, not you thinking you actually know someone from a few typed words here, which isn't too bright in any event. You keep on posting like this, and it shows your narcissistic tendencies, of which again, there is no cure. You thinking you know more than anyone, especially me, is wrong. Your opinions are just that. If you have time other than wasting here, you can look it up yourself polls on what pizzas are regarded as the best. If a restaurant has great ambience, decor and excellent service, that doesn't get them to the top of the list. It still takes the pizza's taste, or are you too dense to understand this too? The only thing you have done and I haven't is tried pizza in Italy. That again, means nothing, as you aren't an expert on pizza just because you had a few. I've had pizza in hundreds of places over 67 years. That gives me some knowledge on quality, and it just happens to mirror what the friends I have that visited Italy have said. They are as good as the ones in the NYC area, not any better. Again, I will visit Italy someday, and sample the pizza, and make my own opinion about them, an opinion that means little, like yours, to anyone besides my own tastes. I don't make things up. Wake up and stop shoveling your BS. No one is agreeing and if you actually did know me, you wouldn't comment at all, because one type of person I've never gotten along with are arrogant, know it all narcissists, who have no place in society, and always think they are right, even when they are proven wrong over and over. This is pizza, and none are the best. People who are connoisseurs of pizza might think one is the best, while another with as much experience might say another is. Who's right? That's your answer, if again, you can comprehend. Some, by voting, are sitting at the top. There are reasons for this. Can you understand what these reasons are? Lastly, the word retarded is one used by preteens and teens to insult someone they think isn't too bright. Adults do not use that word because it is disrespectful and childish. That alone shows you're either not that old, or not too bright.

Seriously, do you expect me to read that wall of waffle?

It’s you who is making the ridiculous claim that most of the best pizza comes from New York. It is truly idiotic. 
You don’t have a clue and at your age that is not likely to change. 
Your reference was a listing not even based on the quality of the pizza.

One might imagine that with all of your claimed experience, you might have found something that refers to the actual pizza. 
Instead you post some marketing nonsense that includes ‘customer service’ and ‘ambiance’. 😊

I’m not the one making the rather baseless claim, so it’s not for me to search for a reference that might prove or disprove what you assert; that’s for you to do. But you cannot, because your claim is nonsense. 
I can guarantee that not even one of your friends has stepped foot in any of the best regarded pizzeria in Napoli. But yet you are here talking wet about New York being the best and your friends who have visited Italy 🤭 ‘mirroring’ your opinion 😊It’s just a poor joke. 
Then came your ridiculous statement of you having pizza in hundreds of places and me having just a few ☺️
It that you imagining that you have travelled more frequently and further afield? ☺️
You’d be wrong again. Your assertion that the use the same ingredients…. WRONG. 
I took at look at your best NY restaurant and it was just a bad joke. Simplified copies of Neapolitan pizza sold as ‘gourmet’ 😊

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Bravo!

23 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s you who is making the ridiculous claim that most of the best pizza comes from New York. It is truly idiotic. 

One might imagine that with all of your claimed experience, you might have found something that refers to the actual pizza. 
Instead you post some marketing nonsense that includes ‘customer service’ and ‘ambiance’. 😊

I’m not the one making the rather baseless claim, so it’s not for me to search for a reference that might prove or disprove what you assert; that’s for you to do. But you cannot, because your claim is nonsense. 
I can guarantee that not even one of your friends has stepped foot in any of the best regarded pizzeria in Napoli. But yet you are here talking wet about New York being the best and your friends who have visited Italy 🤭 ‘mirroring’ your opinion 😊It’s just a poor joke. 
Then came your ridiculous statement of you having pizza in hundreds of places and me having just a few ☺️
It that you imagining that you have travelled more frequently and further afield? ☺️
I took at look at your best NY restaurant and it was just a bad joke. Simplified copies of Neapolitan pizza sold as ‘gourmet’ 😊

Actually, again, I do have a clue.It's you who are closed minded and sticking with your opinions because you visited Italy. Instant expert it seems. Your statements are definitely teen minded, as you think you actually know me, or my friends, and what they have done. Again, I did not say New York style was the best. I said, again, it is among the top pizzas worldwide. This is a fact, and if you disagree, you either haven't been there, or your taste buds are clouded by either smoking or hot sauce. Again, for the last time to a definite narcissist, and your replying shows that even more, you do NOT know anything about me nor any of my friends and what they have experienced or what we (they) know. Your assumptions shows a lack of plain common sense, and your opinions mean just that. Taking a "look" at the top restaurant isn't the same as going there and trying the pizza is it? Every reply shows you to be what I explained earlier, and one that goes mainly by your experiences and not of thousands of others. By the way, my friends did have pizza is a few places in Naples, and again, they said they were good, comparable to the best in NYC, which millions agree, are as good as any worldwide. ............................................https://robbreport.com/food-drink/dining/2023-best-pizza-1234897166/And again, for the last time, the owners I have talked with , do use the same ingredients, exported and domestic, that they used in Italy. I saw some of these, imported from Italy, imported from New York, from Italy, and they, the chefs in some of these restaurants, or their relatives, are FROM Italy, which makes them knowledgeable, much more than yourself, on what goes into the pizza they create.  Lastly, research more, talk less. It helps with others opinions on you. Since you obviously don't know how to google....................https://www.enjoytravel.com/en/travel-news/food-and-drink/worlds-best-pizza

Edited by fredwiggy

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, again, I do have a clue.It's you who are closed minded and sticking with your opinions because you visited Italy. Instant expert it seems. Your statements are definitely teen minded, as you think you actually know me, or my friends, and what they have done. Again, I did not say New York style was the best. I said, again, it is among the top pizzas worldwide. This is a fact, and if you disagree, you either haven't been there, or your taste buds are clouded by either smoking or hot sauce. Again, for the last time to a definite narcissist, and your replying shows that even more, you do NOT know anything about me nor any of my friends and what they have experienced or what we (they) know. Your assumptions shows a lack of plain common sense, and your opinions mean just that. Taking a "look" at the top restaurant isn't the same as going there and trying the pizza is it? Every reply shows you to be what I explained earlier, and one that goes mainly by your experiences and not of thousands of others. By the way, my friends did have pizza is a few places in Naples, and again, they said they were good, comparable to the best in NYC, which millions agree, are as good as any worldwide. ............................................https://robbreport.com/food-drink/dining/2023-best-pizza-1234897166/And again, for the last time, the owners I have talked with , do use the same ingredients, exported and domestic, that they used in Italy. I saw some of these, imported from Italy, imported from New York, from Italy, and they, the chefs in some of these restaurants, or their relatives, are FROM Italy, which makes them knowledgeable, much more than yourself, on what goes into the pizza they create.  Lastly, research more, talk less. It helps with others opinions on you. Since you obviously don't know how to google....................https://www.enjoytravel.com/en/travel-news/food-and-drink/worlds-best-pizza

55555555555😊

Enjoy Travel was created to help travellers find the ideal car for their holiday. Enjoy currently compares over 300 cars rental brands and includes everything travel-related: car rental, van rental, hotels, tickets, and much more. Our customer support team enjoys being able to assist our customers with their travel plans. Enjoy Travel is much more than a travel website; it is a travel website run by travel lovers”

As to the Robb Report, it’s quoting exactly the same nonsensical ‘50 best’ that reviewed customer service etc

STOP! You are making my sides hurt 😊

Don’t you get it? It’s the ‘world’s best’ that is absolute nonsense. They might make a decent copy of a good Neapolitan pizza, but that doesn’t make them the world’s best. What is wrong with you?

I am specifically withholding where I lived and my experience, as this is not about me but about good food. 
I know the difference between what I ate every day on my island and on the mainland and what I ate in the USA. That’s all I need to say. 

Again, your claim of them importing the same ingredients does not stand up to scrutiny. You simply do not appear to understand that not everyone makes pizza from tinned ingredients 😊

At my local delicatessen in Napoli, everything was hand made from local ingredients. 
Fresh San Marzano tomatoes slow cooked for hours to create a tomato base. Not tinned, but fresh. 
It’s sad that people like yourself really believe all of that ‘best in the world’ nonsense. You are just marketed at the whole time and it seems that you lap it up. 50 best 🤭

Edited by NextG

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

55555555555😊

Enjoy Travel was created to help travellers find the ideal car for their holiday. Enjoy currently compares over 300 cars rental brands and includes everything travel-related: car rental, van rental, hotels, tickets, and much more. Our customer support team enjoys being able to assist our customers with their travel plans. Enjoy Travel is much more than a travel website; it is a travel website run by travel lovers”

As to the Robb Report, it’s quoting exactly the same nonsensical ‘50 best’ that reviewed customer service etc

STOP! You are making my sides hurt 😊

Don’t you get it? It’s the ‘world’s best’ that is absolute nonsense. They might make a decent copy of a good Neapolitan pizza, but that doesn’t make them the world’s best. What is wrong with you?

I am specifically withholding where I lived and my experience, as this is not about me but about good food. 
I know the difference between what I ate every day on my island and on the mainland and what I ate in the USA. That’s all I need to say. 

Again, your claim of them importing the same ingredients does not stand up to scrutiny. You simply do not appear to understand that not everyone makes pizza from tinned ingredients 😊

At my local delicatessen in Napoli, everything was hand made from local ingredients. 
Fresh San Marzano tomatoes slow cooked for hours to create a tomato base. Not tinned, but fresh. 
It’s sad that people like yourself really believe all of that ‘best in the world’ nonsense. You are just marketed at the whole time and it seems that you lap it up. 50 best 🤭

I'm going to put this into terms any teenager would understand, which means you have a chance. I said, I have talked with many chefs from many restaurants in 3 states. Some were from Italy. Some have relatives from Italy who owned restaurants. Talking with these people means......................they have told me what they use to make their pizzas, which is sometimes in bags (flour usually comes in bags) in tins, cans, whatever you understand, imported. Some use fresh ingredients, which does help with flavor. Locally grown, which yes, matches what grows in Italy. You simply do not understand a basic concept. You know nothing about what I and others know, as far as knowledge. You assume, many times, what I'm saying is one thing when it's another. Again, so maybe this time you will understand, but I doubt it. I'm NOT saying any one pizza is the best worldwide. Many people have voted for the top pizzas worldwide, and if a large percentage votes for a particular pizza, does that make them right? Majority rules? When you get a lot of pizza afficionados together to vote, and they vote for the top, it does mean they have had enough experience trying many pies, to make an educated opinion of these matters. A decent copy? That statement means nothing. What do you think, that the original pizza made is the only one that's like it or that copies are the same? Also, a person can take a recipe and use the same ingredients and make "copies" that are exactly the same as the original. Or do all copies taste different??? My Godfather's mom came directly from Sicily, and made, to this day, the best sauce I've ever had. Homemade, but it did have canned tomatoes. She was known city wide as having this sauce for many years, and everyone related came to their house for Saint Josephs Day to eat, with the sauce. I have tried, using the same exact ingredients, to copy this sauce. I came close, but not all the way. I have Italian relatives, have eaten at their homes many times, authentic Italian food, In Brooklyn (where parents are from), and in NYC. Do you think they don't know how to make authentic Italian? Many were from Italy, and the relatives were passed down the recipes. I know what true Italian cooking is, probably a lot more than you'll ever know, unless you are Italian with the same kind of background. Try not to assume what I know. You will be way off base. I don't buy things because of marketing but by word of mouth and experience. I'm not a watcher of commercials nor a buyer from same. You wanted a few links, I gave them to you. You can look things up also, and if you dispute everything, that shows more narc tendencies where you're always right. Trust me, you aren't here.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm going to put this into terms any teenager would understand, which means you have a chance. I said, I have talked with many chefs from many restaurants in 3 states. Some were from Italy. Some have relatives from Italy who owned restaurants. Talking with these people means......................they have told me what they use to make their pizzas, which is sometimes in bags (flour usually comes in bags) in tins, cans, whatever you understand, imported. Some use fresh ingredients, which does help with flavor. Locally grown, which yes, matches what grows in Italy. You simply do not understand a basic concept. You know nothing about what I and others know, as far as knowledge. You assume, many times, what I'm saying is one thing when it's another. Again, so maybe this time you will understand, but I doubt it. I'm NOT saying any one pizza is the best worldwide. Many people have voted for the top pizzas worldwide, and if a large percentage votes for a particular pizza, does that make them right? Majority rules? When you get a lot of pizza afficionados together to vote, and they vote for the top, it does mean they have had enough experience trying many pies, to make an educated opinion of these matters. A decent copy? That statement means nothing. What do you think, that the original pizza made is the only one that's like it or that copies are the same? Also, a person can take a recipe and use the same ingredients and make "copies" that are exactly the same as the original. Or do all copies taste different??? My Godfather's mom came directly from Sicily, and made, to this day, the best sauce I've ever had. Homemade, but it did have canned tomatoes. She was known city wide as having this sauce for many years, and everyone related came to their house for Saint Josephs Day to eat, with the sauce. I have tried, using the same exact ingredients, to copy this sauce. I came close, but not all the way. I have Italian relatives, have eaten at their homes many times, authentic Italian food, In Brooklyn (where parents are from), and in NYC. Do you think they don't know how to make authentic Italian? Many were from Italy, and the relatives were passed down the recipes. I know what true Italian cooking is, probably a lot more than you'll ever know, unless you are Italian with the same kind of background. Try not to assume what I know. You will be way off base. I don't buy things because of marketing but by word of mouth and experience. I'm not a watcher of commercials nor a buyer from same. You wanted a few links, I gave them to you. You can look things up also, and if you dispute everything, that shows more narc tendencies where you're always right. Trust me, you aren't here.

I don’t need to ‘look things up’ or depend on marketing articles for my references. I also do not need to make up ridiculous lies with regard to ‘millions of people’ voting for this or that. 
Sorry, but the quality of the ingredients I sampled in the USA were not the same. Bit by a long chalk. You can waffle on as long as you like. The best there might make a passable imitation and that is exactly the case shown by the links you have provided 

i.e. according to your report, the best pizza in the USA is from a self taught pizzaiolo copying Neapolitan pizza 😊 What does that tell you?

Here is his menu: https://unapizza.com/menu/

MARINARA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Amalfi Wild Oregano, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

MARGHERITA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

BIANCA  |  Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

FILETTI  |  Cherry Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

COSACCA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Pecorino Romano, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

That’s it! Just a few VERY BASIC Neapolitan style pizza 😊

But you have been convinced that it’s the best in the world by some ‘clever’ marketing. Obviously too clever for you. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

some of the best pizza in the world is from the Northeast corridor of the US  between New Haven and Wilmington DE

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

I don’t need to ‘look things up’ or depend on marketing articles for my references. I also do not need to make up ridiculous lies with regard to ‘millions of people’ voting for this or that. 
Sorry, but the quality of the ingredients I sampled in the USA were not the same. Bit by a long chalk. You can waffle on as long as you like. The best there might make a passable imitation and that is exactly the case shown by the links you have provided 

i.e. according to your report, the best pizza in the USA is from a self taught pizzaiolo copying Neapolitan pizza 😊 What does that tell you?

Here is his menu: https://unapizza.com/menu/

MARINARA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Amalfi Wild Oregano, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

MARGHERITA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

BIANCA  |  Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

FILETTI  |  Cherry Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella DOP, Garlic, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

COSACCA  |  San Marzano Tomatoes, Pecorino Romano, Basil, Sicilian Sea Salt, EVOO

That’s it! Just a few VERY BASIC Neapolitan style pizza 😊

But you have been convinced that it’s the best in the world by some ‘clever’ marketing. Obviously too clever for you. 

For one, I don't make up anything. You asked for links, I sent them. You dispute everything because you think you're right. I don't care if you were born in Italy. I have had close experience with Italian chefs all of my life. Authentic, who yes, sometimes used fresh and sometime canned tomatoes. Yes, there is a difference, but it doesn't make one better than the other. People all have their own taste buds, many of which are marred by too much cigarettes, too much spice, or alcohol. You say the ingredients are not as good in the US as in Italy. That's your opinion. Others, who are chefs, say otherwise. They were born in Italy, and came here to do the same. They don't cut corners where making pizza is concerned. Not if they want repeat customers based on word of mouth. What is a passable imitation if it tastes as good as the original? How many NYC area pizzas have you tried, and talked with the owners about and what they used. I'm thinking just a few. I've sampled hundreds of different restaurants, and talked to many regarding what they use. Those that would talk and let me into their kitchens. Having Italian relatives helps also, many from the old country. Read this once more. I did NOT say there was a best pizza. I said the NYC area has always been in the top when it comes to making pies. This doesn't mean first place. As far as I'm concerned, there are many that are equally as good. Polls show what many consider to be the top places. You don't get voted in if you have inferior pizza. Taste is the number one priority, no matter what the restaurant offers. I'd rather have a great pizza in a 10 table small shop on a side street in Brooklyn than a $60 pie in a high class restaurant with Tony Bennett singing any day. And again, you assume I have been convinced of something, thinking I'm a youngster with little experience in how this world works. Far from it. I'm from New Jersey, NYC area, one of the most densely populated areas as far as Italians is concerned, and if you knew my life, you would see you are far more gullible than anything I could ever be. Don't assume things. You aren't the top taste tester as far as pizzas are concerned. Your opinion means little. Copying recipes doesn't make them second or third best, or worse. It's how you make more of the same. Is one Ford Explorer not the same as the next 3000 on a production line? Al;l copies, all the same. You make 100 pizzas using the same ingredients a recipe calls for, they will all turn out the same, if you follow the same protocol. Copies.You can waffle on all you want. Thinking something is more clever than someone you don't know a thing about makes a person look opinionated, egotistical and suffering from a major lack of common sense. I've been a psych reader for over 30 years, and your type stands out immediately, but will rarely admit it.  And every reply shows this more.

Just now, charleskerins said:

some of the best pizza in the world is from the Northeast corridor of the US  between New Haven and Wilmington DE

That's what I've been trying to get across to him, but his ego won't allow him to actually read what others write, but pick apart it to suit his agenda. SOME of the best. AS good as anywhere else. Not worse, not better. Authentic "copies" made by chefs that use recipes handed down from other authentic chefs that came from the origin area.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

For one, I don't make up anything. You asked for links, I sent them. You dispute everything because you think you're right. I don't care if you were born in Italy. I have had close experience with Italian chefs all of my life. Authentic, who yes, sometimes used fresh and sometime canned tomatoes. Yes, there is a difference, but it doesn't make one better than the other. People all have their own taste buds, many of which are marred by too much cigarettes, too much spice, or alcohol. You say the ingredients are not as good in the US as in Italy. That's your opinion. Others, who are chefs, say otherwise. They were born in Italy, and came here to do the same. They don't cut corners where making pizza is concerned. Not if they want repeat customers based on word of mouth. What is a passable imitation if it tastes as good as the original? How many NYC area pizzas have you tried, and talked with the owners about and what they used. I'm thinking just a few. I've sampled hundreds of different restaurants, and talked to many regarding what they use. Those that would talk and let me into their kitchens. Having Italian relatives helps also, many from the old country. Read this once more. I did NOT say there was a best pizza. I said the NYC area has always been in the top when it comes to making pies. This doesn't mean first place. As far as I'm concerned, there are many that are equally as good. Polls show what many consider to be the top places. You don't get voted in if you have inferior pizza. Taste is the number one priority, no matter what the restaurant offers. I'd rather have a great pizza in a 10 table small shop on a side street in Brooklyn than a $60 pie in a high class restaurant with Tony Bennett singing any day. And again, you assume I have been convinced of something, thinking I'm a youngster with little experience in how this world works. Far from it. I'm from New Jersey, NYC area, one of the most densely populated areas as far as Italians is concerned, and if you knew my life, you would see you are far more gullible than anything I could ever be. Don't assume things. You aren't the top taste tester as far as pizzas are concerned. Your opinion means little. Copying recipes doesn't make them second or third best, or worse. It's how you make more of the same. Is one Ford Explorer not the same as the next 3000 on a production line? Al;l copies, all the same. You make 100 pizzas using the same ingredients a recipe calls for, they will all turn out the same, if you follow the same protocol. Copies.You can waffle on all you want. Thinking something is more clever than someone you don't know a thing about makes a person look opinionated, egotistical and suffering from a major lack of common sense. I've been a psych reader for over 30 years, and your type stands out immediately, but will rarely admit it.  And every reply shows this more.

What a load of waffle ☺️
You keep trying to attack me due to your own psychological issues, but I refuse to take your bait. Narcissistic, smoker etc 😊

Ranting away…
I simply pointed out that in your reference, the number one restaurant was an American restaurant that copies Neapolitan pizza 😊

If you claim that you are the one with all of the ‘common sense’, don’t you get a whiff of something when you see such a claim?

The best pizza in the world is a copy of a simple Neapolitan pizza that is made in the USA? Really? 😊

Get a grip!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

What a load of waffle ☺️
You keep trying to attack me due to your own psychological issues, but I refuse to take your bait. Narcissistic, smoker etc 😊

Ranting away…
I simply pointed out that in your reference, the number one restaurant was an American restaurant that copies Neapolitan pizza 😊

If you claim that you are the one with all of the ‘common sense’, don’t you get a whiff of something when you see such a claim?

The best pizza in the world is a copy of a simple Neapolitan pizza that is made in the USA? Really? 😊

Get a grip!

I'm not attacking but pointing out the obvious. It might be better for you to let this one go, because not everyone doesn't understand a narcissist and their ways. READ AGAIN. I did not say any pizza was the best. I said AMONG the best, and you know that I've meant that all along. I don't make the polls. People do. Read more, reply less.

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's what I've been trying to get across to him, but his ego won't allow him to actually read what others write, but pick apart it to suit his agenda. SOME of the best. AS good as anywhere else. Not worse, not better. Authentic "copies" made by chefs that use recipes handed down from other authentic chefs that came from the origin area.

😊 It’s RUBBISH. People make ‘authentic’ copies all over the world. You are only fooling yourself that what you have eaten is the best. It’s just marketing NONSENSE. 
I’ve spent a fair bit of time traversing the USA. The average quality of ingredients did not meet my standard. We obviously have different standards. 
In Europe we have some very specific standards. In the USA, they are VERY LOOSE. 
Take Parmigiano di Reggiano as an example. You can pretty much call anything Parmesan in the USA…. even if it has wood in it and that’s no joke. 

Edited by NextG

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not attacking but pointing out the obvious. It might be better for you to let this one go, because not everyone doesn't understand a narcissist and their ways. READ AGAIN. I did not say any pizza was the best. I said AMONG the best, and you know that I've meant that all along. I don't make the polls. People do. Read more, reply less.

It’s ironic that you suggest that I read more and reply less. Your ‘replies’ have been somewhat more wordy than mine and I have taken the trouble of checking the resources that you have posted. Perhaps you should try taking your own advice. 
If American pizza was so great, they wouldn’t be trying to copy Neapolitan pizza now would they?

Marketing my friend. You fell for it. 

30 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I think the ego problem is all yours. I don’t worry about ego. The fact is that all of those negative thoughts are being produced by yourself and felt within yourself. They do not pertain to me and so subsequently they do not touch me. But you seem to be ‘triggered’. 
I’ve proved all of my points with reasoned argument. Your best restaurant makes simple copies of Neapolitan style pizza. That’s a fact. No need for you to get all twisted about it. 

Edited by NextG