Fast Track thru Suvarnabhumi

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Can't fast track your bag tho...

Even in Biz class luggage takes way to long to reach the carousel.

Depends on the airline.  I have experienced quick baggage there.  Usually if I walk fast from the gate, stop and get a new phone sim installed at the kiosk, go thru immigration in a line with 3-4 people it comes out within minutes.  I think some airlines expedite biz class customers luggage.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

Depends on the airline.  I have experienced quick baggage there.  Usually if I walk fast from the gate, stop and get a new phone sim installed at the kiosk, go thru immigration in a line with 3-4 people it comes out within minutes.  I think some airlines expedite biz class customers luggage.

Can you share what airlines.

Normally i only travel with carry on but for wifey, this seems to be impossible!

On 1/1/2024 at 3:03 AM, PJ71 said:

Can you share what airlines.

Normally i only travel with carry on but for wifey, this seems to be impossible!

Note the airlines tag business class luggage and expedite it.  Last trip was Canadian Air (which has discontinued the flight).  Previous were Cathay, EVA, Asiana.  Wish I could recall which ones were fast.

4 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

Note the airlines tag business class luggage and expedite it.  Last trip was Canadian Air (which has discontinued the flight).  Previous were Cathay, EVA, Asiana.  Wish I could recall which ones were fast.

Yeah, i understand they're marked priority,  but even though they're first on the carousel it's still a longer wait at Survanbhumi than most airports.

3 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yeah, i understand they're marked priority,  but even though they're first on the carousel it's still a longer wait at Survanbhumi than most airports.

Waited 2.5 hours for bags in 2020 at Survanbhumi, people were not happy!

35 minutes ago, proton said:

Waited 2.5 hours for bags in 2020 at Survanbhumi, people were not happy!

I used fast track since I am over 70 and somewhat disabled it was faster but still had to wait for my luggage a long time.

Guys are making me worry.  In the past I didn't always check bags as I owned a condo and didn't want to check.  Bummer is I am carrying some items for friends that live there that I can not carry on the plane.    Since someone is bound to want to know what it is several large tubes of Fixodent which he claims he can not get in Thailand.  He is a dear friend and it's not a big deal to get it here.  Also have some large containers of over the counter pain meds like Tylenol for another pal.  Yeah, me and friends are all old gits. 

Still I can't remember ever waiting an excessive amount there.  I do recall once in Don Muang waiting a while.  Heck, my home airport here in AZ sucks for baggage delivery.  Well I am committed to bringing the stuff and no help for it. 

12 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

Still I can't remember ever waiting an excessive amount there.  I do recall once in Don Muang waiting a while. 

Recently have done few international trips with check in luggage.

One yesterday Hanol>DMK.

There was zero waiting time at the DMK for the baggage and I had fast track for immigration.

You don't have an issue. 

• Like 1

Might have been incredibly lucky....but when I am with the wife I'm allowed through the Thai passport channel .....no queuing.......

Is that the same for everyone with a Thai wife?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

One yesterday Hanol>DMK.

There was zero waiting time at the DMK for the baggage and I had fast track for immigration.

You don't have an issue. 

I have done  5 trips in the past year, all of them with checked baggage and all arriving at Suvannabhumi.

Never had an excessive wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2024 at 12:21 AM, it is what it is said:

in all my years here the longest i've ever had to wait is maybe 30 minutes, usually much less.

You have been lucky,. I've clocked in 2 hours+.

Arrived on Saturday, lines stretched way out into and down the concourse, end could not be seen. From the looks of it 3 hours easy. Luckily I now qualify for the "Priority" lane due to age.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

One yesterday Hanol>DMK.

You don't have an issue. 

Is there an arriving fast lane at DMK? Where?

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Might have been incredibly lucky....but when I am with the wife I'm allowed through the Thai passport channel .....no queuing.......

Is that the same for everyone with a Thai wife?

When I am traveling with my Thai wife ( first on Type-OA,  later on Type-O,  and recently on LTR) and I have always gone thru Thai line. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Arrived on Saturday, lines stretched way out into and down the concourse, end could not be seen. From the looks of it 3 hours easy. Luckily I now qualify for the "Priority" lane due to age.

Same situation when I arrived at Swampy on 30th December; fortunately, I could go through the Thai lanes with my missus.

We had a long wait for baggage after quickly passing through Immigration. I realised that the carousel could not cope with 500+ passengers arriving on an A380 - especially when most of them were stuck in long Immigration queues. The baggage backed up and cases were 3 deep on the carousel when we left.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What age do you have to be?

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Believe it's 70

It appears on the ANA website:-

Fast track Immigration is available to the following customers:

• Business Class
  • Disables passengers
  • Senior passengers (over the age of 70)
  • Expectant mothers
  • Passengers with infants

Please show your boarding pass when using this service.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/eur/travel-information/airport-and-city-info/bangkok/

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Damn.....few years yet.....will have to keep taking the wife with me for now.

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Damn.....few years yet.....will have to keep taking the wife with me for now.

Not true. They don't check. They go by the LOOKS so you may already qualify.... Try 'n see.

Came through Swampy a few months ago on TG business class. They dont hand out Fast Track cards anymore. The flight attendants just said show your boarding pass.

Upon going to the “Fast Track”, an IO was standing in front of the hall and was directing Fast Track passengers to go to the normal immigration queues. So it was completely worthless. 

3 minutes ago, khunjake said:

Came through Swampy a few months ago on TG business class. They dont hand out Fast Track cards anymore. The flight attendants just said show your boarding pass.

Upon going to the “Fast Track”, an IO was standing in front of the hall and was directing Fast Track passengers to go to the normal immigration queues. So it was completely worthless. 

The separate "Fast Track" entrance is closed, but there is a "Priority Lane" to the far right of the general immigration area (walk past where the lines enter and go in on the far, far right

First/Business class over people aged 70 and over can use this

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The separate "Fast Track" entrance is closed, but there is a "Priority Lane" to the far right of the general immigration area (walk past where the lines enter and go in on the far, far right

First/Business class over people aged 70 and over can use this

I went over to the Thai passports/APEC line and didn’t need to wait but case in point, another bad impression being made for arriving premium passengers who don’t know any better. Whats the point of even having a Fast Track then.

47 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The separate "Fast Track" entrance is closed

It's not closed at all but if you don't meet the criteria (see photo above) for Fast Track then you are being directed to the other immigration queue.

Agree the 'Priority lane' to the far right of the normal immigration queue could be better sign posted.

4 hours ago, aublumberg said:

It's not closed at all but if you don't meet the criteria (see photo above) for Fast Track then you are being directed to the other immigration queue.

Agree the 'Priority lane' to the far right of the normal immigration queue could be better sign posted.

It was definitely closed (big sign saying so, and entrance sealed off) when I entered on the 30th.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1