CAAT Officials Explain Complaints About Expensive Holiday Plane Tickets

webfact

1 minute ago, chuang said:

Supply and demand.

Yes, why they can't let the market dictate I do not know. If they are so serious about it, Thailand could reduce  landing/airport  charges and the 700 baht tax on the tickets they impose. Personally, a few years ago, I thought long haul flights were a bargain... all the way from London and back for £500 was a good and obtainable deal. Even heard of 500 Euro fares from the continent. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I checked recently, 120,000 baht in May, Biz Class mind, decided to stay here a couple more years.

Yep, wont be rushing back at those prices, I paid 98000 direct with BA back in 2019 for 4 people.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:00 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Let me help you here

Airlines have always 'overpriced' flights during holiday seasons. It is their cash cow.

After two years of nothing during Covid, we have to charge even more in order to replace those lost profits.

Not to mention that for some reason the Thai Baht strengthens about this time of year also ;-)

Edited by DrPhibes
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:53 AM, sungod said:

Have not been back to the UK since 2019, whats the average cost of a ticket these days?

I brought a return London >Bangkok, back in August. Flying in October, 35 000 baht.

As for gong back this time of year no way airlines just up the price, same as in July and August.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 2:53 AM, sungod said:

Have not been back to the UK since 2019, whats the average cost of a ticket these days?

Two trips recently , one in April and one in Nov/Dec . Best part of 39,000 baht each return. I have another flight before I leave from UK so in all its 52,000 Baht return. That’s me now . 25 years going to Thailand and with airfare and car hire it’s got to much. Had a good run. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Please don't complain when you aren't able to do anything about it. Last time I looked airlines were free to do anything to their prices, up to and including abandoning routes. A list MP for a minor party, who was not even elected but appointed, and who is not empowered to do anything at all, is a waste of space and him talking is a waste of air. If you do want to do something about pricing start with all theses surcharges and add ons that the websites put on after they already told you a price. These surchargesmake it near impossible to comparison shop. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1