What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

14 minutes ago, paulikens said:

I will give it a go .  Although actually i was being sarcastic and didn't want a recommendation of a rom-com but was having a sarcastic dig at TV shows and why they insist on having multiple gay/lesbian couples in every TV show now.   It's nonsense.   For example only 6% of the UK population are members of the LGBTQ community.  So, although i know TV isn't real they have to at least represent some sort of realism to it.  In the film and TV world according to them it's the other way round and only 6% of people are straight.  

Stop exagerrating.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

I will give it a go .  Although actually i was being sarcastic and didn't want a recommendation of a rom-com but was having a sarcastic dig at TV shows and why they insist on having multiple gay/lesbian couples in every TV show now.   It's nonsense.   For example only 6% of the UK population are members of the LGBTQ community.  So, although i know TV isn't real they have to at least represent some sort of realism to it.  In the film and TV world according to them it's the other way round and only 6% of people are straight.  

The same applies to putting people of colour into historical roles or TV or movies just to meet some kind of quota. In A Gentleman in Moscow you would have thought every second person in Russia at the time was black, when in fact virtually none existed there at that time.