Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

This elderly woman named Hala Khreis, a retired teacher from Gaza, was shot dead by an Israeli sniper.

Disturbing footage online shows her raising a white flag, with a child in her hand who is also holding a white flag.

She was leading a group of displaced Palestinians when suddenly an Israeli soldier fired at her. She fell on the ground, drenched in her own blood. The terrified 5 years grandson ran away.

How this act can possibly be justified or called anything but an ongoing genocide? 

Hala Khreis.webp

Sad.  However, you forgot to post pictures of Hamas' victims that were slaughtered in the most heinous ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ministry of education does not control UN run schools, when did they all close?

Schools in Gaza closed as fighting threatens safety of children and teachers

https://theirworld.org/news/violence-closes-gaza-schools-closed-by-un-agency/

War’s toll on education in Gaza casts shadow over children’s future
With pupils and teachers uprooted and buildings destroyed, it is likely to be many months before classes can resume

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/18/wars-toll-on-education-in-gaza-casts-shadow-over-childrens-future

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because governments don't lie when it's in their interest? As I pointed out, COGAT also claimed that there is no starvation in Gaza. The US government says differently. How do you reconcile that with "its from a gov source, its a credible link."

Who said government's don't lie and what has that got to do with you asking me proving a link that is already a credible source? If you don't believe it, its down to you to disprove it, not me to prove it.....lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

I thought you were denying food shortage and starvation by posting pictures of food stalls filled with fresh products as if all was normal. 

The top echelon of Hamas doesn't worry about food stalls.  They have access to fine dining along with clean drinking water, etc.

Edited by Hawaiian
Correction
  • Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

With pupils and teachers uprooted and buildings destroyed, it is likely to be many months before classes can resume

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/18/wars-toll-on-education-in-gaza-casts-shadow-over-childrens-future

Cool so around 13th Nov, until then they were being used while harbouring Hamas weapons, rockets and terrorists while the children were at school. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Who said government's don't lie and what has that got to do with you asking me proving a link that is already a credible source? If you don't believe it, its down to you to disprove it, not me to prove it.....lol

COGAT made a claim about no starvation in Gaza. The US government said there was. Are both credible?

COGAT is an interested party to the conflict. Why would anyone assume that its take is necessarlly credible?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

I thought you were denying food shortage and starvation by posting pictures of food stalls filled with fresh products as if all was normal. 

I was posting the actual scenes of a market in Rafar, what else did I say? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cool so around 13th Nov, until then they were being used while harbouring Hamas weapons, rockets and terrorists while the children were at school. Thanks

I never denied it. What I denied was Hanagumas claim that the storage of weapons in schools by Hamas is a current threat to Gazan schoolchildren. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

COGAT made a claim about no starvation in Gaza. The US government said there was. Are both credible?

COGAT is an interested party to the conflict. Why would anyone assume that its take is necessarlly credible?

COGAT made a claim about no starvation in Gaza

Can you provide a link to that claim

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

I never denied it. What I denied was Hanagumas claim that the storage of weapons in schools by Hamas is a current threat to Gazan schoolchildren. 

Oh just being picky then

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The lesson to be learned here is the reality of war.  In this case, innocent children are the victims.  The scars of this war, if they survive, will be with them for the rest of their lives.  Of course, it is all Israel's fault.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

"White House National Security spokesperson John Kirby told reporters Thursday that the situation in Gaza was dire after incoming aid trucks were surrounded by desperate refugees looking for food and basic supplies. 

“We recognize that there are real food security issues in Gaza,” Kirby said. “We understand there’s a lot of hunger and starvation in Gaza."

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/israel-hamas-closer-to-deal-to-deliver-medicine-to-hostages-in-gaza/

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

"White House National Security spokesperson John Kirby told reporters Thursday that the situation in Gaza was dire after incoming aid trucks were surrounded by desperate refugees looking for food and basic supplies. 

“We recognize that there are real food security issues in Gaza,” Kirby said. “We understand there’s a lot of hunger and starvation in Gaza."

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/israel-hamas-closer-to-deal-to-deliver-medicine-to-hostages-in-gaza/

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

COGAT made a claim about no starvation in Gaza

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hawaiian said:

The lesson to be learned here is the reality of war.  In this case, innocent children are the victims.  The scars of this war, if they survive, will be with them for the rest of their lives.  Of course, it is all Israel's fault.

The US has been pushing Israel to conduct a more target campaign for a long time. Fewer children would die if that course was pursued. There's nothing inevitable about the total number of civilian deaths.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you ever going to thank me for providing you with enlightening information?

The Israel Defense Force unit overseeing the transport of humanitarian aid into Gaza said on Wednesday that there are no shortages of food in the Strip, dismissing United Nations reports of widespread starvation, and alleged that existing problems were caused by the inability of the UN to properly distribute the goods once they entered the enclave.

Col. Moshe Tetro, head of COGAT’s Coordination and Liaison Administration to Gaza, said Israel was working daily to boost aid into the Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/no-food-shortage-in-gaza-says-idf-official-overseeing-transfer-of-aid/

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Are you ever going to thank me for providing you with enlightening information?

The Israel Defense Force unit overseeing the transport of humanitarian aid into Gaza said on Wednesday that there are no shortages of food in the Strip, dismissing United Nations reports of widespread starvation, and alleged that existing problems were caused by the inability of the UN to properly distribute the goods once they entered the enclave.

Col. Moshe Tetro, head of COGAT’s Coordination and Liaison Administration to Gaza, said Israel was working daily to boost aid into the Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/no-food-shortage-in-gaza-says-idf-official-overseeing-transfer-of-aid/

No because I read that already. 

"existing problems were caused by the inability of the UN to properly distribute the goods once they entered the enclave"

That link I have quoted before in our previous debate about this

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No because I read that already. 

"existing problems were caused by the inability of the UN to properly distribute the goods once they entered the enclave"

That link I have quoted before in our previous debate about this

You asked me for a quote and I gave it to you. No other agency that I can find, no reporters, no NGOs agree with this statement. Nor does the US government, Israel's crucial backer.

• Confused 2

You asked me for a quote and I gave it to you. No other agency that I can find, no reporters, no NGOs agree with this statement. Nor does the US government, Israel's crucial backer.

Nowhere in that link is this claim you made:

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

COGAT made a claim about no starvation in Gaza.

It puts the problems down to distribution, something I've posted about numerous times and also admitted by the UN. Northern Gaza is a real problem for distribution and food there must be critical.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nowhere in that link is this claim you made:

It puts the problems down to distribution, something I've posted about numerous times and also admitted by the UN. Northern Gaza is a real problem for distribution and food there must be critical.

what does "dismissing United Nations reports of widespread starvation" mean to you? 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

what does "dismissing United Nations reports of widespread starvation" mean to you? 

Thats not what the IDF said, thats the article.....come on placeholder, lets have some honesty here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Ah, the resort to nitpicking when you've got nothing. What don't you understand about the fact that Hanaguma raised the issue of schools as a current problem? It's not a current problem. Children aren't attending school. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

I understand that you're doing your usual thing - raise a daft argument, never admit it's daft, carry on clutching on every word as if it's crucial to points made. You got an explanation, it doesn't fit your 'argument' so you just dig deeper. Same old.

:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because governments don't lie when it's in their interest? As I pointed out, COGAT also claimed that there is no starvation in Gaza. The US government says differently. How do you reconcile that with "its from a gov source, its a credible link."

UN agencies and organizations lie as well. Same goes for human right organizations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The US has been pushing Israel to conduct a more target campaign for a long time. Fewer children would die if that course was pursued. There's nothing inevitable about the total number of civilian deaths.

Fewer children would have died had Hamas not started this. Or had Hamas carried on with the hostage exchanges. Or had Hamas released the hostages. This was is not just about Israel.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't believe I actually said that... Here is what I said;

"And the fault for putting the children in danger lies entirely with Hamas. THEY are the ones to use schools to hide weapons and rockets."

and

"the children are in danger because Hamas started a war they cannot win."

Meaning of course during the conflict in general. Not specifically today.  We can play the pedant all we like but that is merely obfuscation of the greater truth that Hamas is responsible for what happens.

One could argue that weapons storage in schools endangers children whether or not school is in session. Kids could be playing at school on off days, could be housed there temporarily due to the conflict, or simply be close enough to be tragically killed when the IAF drops ordnance.  All threats, all current. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No other agency that I can find, no reporters, no NGOs agree with this statement

Wrong again, like I have repeated numerous times but you fail to acknowledge, the UN have themselves stated this, here is just one example. This was when Hamas broke the previous week long ceasefire.

The WFP lamented the loss of progress made in humanitarian aid work during the seven-day-long ceasefire that ended on Friday. 

“In that time, we were able to double the number of distribution points outside shelters and deliver food in places that had been impossible to reach, including in some northern areas. WFP reached approximately 250,000 people in just one week,” its statement said.

“Tragically, this desperately needed progress is now being lost. The renewed fighting makes the distribution of aid almost impossible and endangers the lives of humanitarian workers.

https://thewire.in/world/renewed-fighting-in-gaza-worsen-catastrophic-hunger-crisis-un-wfp

27 minutes ago, Morch said:

UN agencies and organizations lie as well. Same goes for human right organizations.

There's a preponderance of evidence on one side of the issue. Basically it's COGAT against the world.

27 minutes ago, Morch said:

Fewer children would have died had Hamas not started this. Or had Hamas carried on with the hostage exchanges. Or had Hamas released the hostages. This was is not just about Israel.

I don't dispute that. But it's entirely besides the point raised by Hanaguma which I replied to.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There's a preponderance of evidence on one side of the issue. Basically it's COGAT against the world.

That may be so. But the point stands - Government lie, big organizations lie.

I think that some of the strong commentary coming from organizations related to things in the Gaza Strip is also about covering their own failings - before and during the war.

• Thanks 1