Tourist visa Vientiane thai embassy question

Hi,

in the embassy's site section of 'required documents' one of the docs they require is 'Travel itinerary to and from Thailand ' - does that mean i need to show a flight/bus ticket (leaving Thailand) to 2-3 months from the date of the visa i apply to? or it just means showing a ticket of going from Laos to Thailand as I'll return back from the embassy?

thank you!

They make the rules up on a minute by minute basis.  Bring everything you have.  All the documents in one bag.

Yes you will need the plane ticket in and out of Laos and the hotel booking details.

You will need 1,900 baht on arrival.  Or the same amount in dollars.

Laos is a <deleted>hole.  They have no working ATM's.  So get your money ready.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did it a month ago....good idea to make copies of everything  especially the bank account copy showing u have $$ stashed away...it says 3 months but mine only showed 2 months but no problem  I had a train ticket which nobody cared about and as usual make an agoda booking then cancel it so i can show a hotel confirmation if asked......nobody in laos seemed to care but when i reentered thailand at the border the agent there was interested to see which hotel i would stay...i actually live in a condo but didn't want to get into all the tm30 stuff so just wrote name of my agoda hotel and the form which he could not read and asked the name but that was it...

get the copies made before you go otherwise there are a bunch of copy shops/tables nearby but that is sorta a pain in the butt with lines...

Money in laos is a pain and u don't want to end up with much leftover as nobody wants it outside of Laos.  Hard to project exactly how much u will need as u will need to stay a few days to wait for visa and likely take tuk tuks  go to restaurants/bars etc . If i had it to do over I would have taken  US one dollars or Thai baht smaller bills which u can use at of course a lousy exchange rate but maybe better than getting stuck with laos $$....exchange places seem to all close about 4 pm and not so easy to find.  Overall a few nights in Vientiane was not all that thrilling more like boring IMO. 

My hotel front deak gal was able to get me some kind of bolt type car to take me back to thai embassy pick up completed visa then same car back to border at a fixed price...it is a pretty long ride back to the border....can't remember the cost but driver was good and decent car.  Tuk tuk drivers tend to quote ridiculous rates and some real rat trap vehicles.  Especially from train station and to/from embasssy area.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

I did it a month ago....good idea to make copies of everything  especially the bank account copy showing u have $$ stashed away...it says 3 months but mine only showed 2 months but no problem  I had a train ticket which nobody cared about and as usual make an agoda booking then cancel it so i can show a hotel confirmation if asked......nobody in laos seemed to care but when i reentered thailand at the border the agent there was interested to see which hotel i would stay...i actually live in a condo but didn't want to get into all the tm30 stuff so just wrote name of my agoda hotel and the form which he could not read and asked the name but that was it...

get the copies made before you go otherwise there are a bunch of copy shops/tables nearby but that is sorta a pain in the butt with lines...

Money in laos is a pain and u don't want to end up with much leftover as nobody wants it outside of Laos.  Hard to project exactly how much u will need as u will need to stay a few days to wait for visa and likely take tuk tuks  go to restaurants/bars etc . If i had it to do over I would have taken  US one dollars or Thai baht smaller bills which u can use at of course a lousy exchange rate but maybe better than getting stuck with laos $$....exchange places seem to all close about 4 pm and not so easy to find.  Overall a few nights in Vientiane was not all that thrilling more like boring IMO. 

My hotel front deak gal was able to get me some kind of bolt type car to take me back to thai embassy pick up completed visa then same car back to border at a fixed price...it is a pretty long ride back to the border....can't remember the cost but driver was good and decent car.  Tuk tuk drivers tend to quote ridiculous rates and some real rat trap vehicles.  Especially from train station and to/from embasssy area.

thanks, so at the embassy they didn't ask to see a return ticker or anything like showing proof you will leave thailand in the future?

2 hours ago, webber4 said:

thanks, so at the embassy they didn't ask to see a return ticker or anything like showing proof you will leave thailand in the future?

Proof of a ticket OUT is usually required. But their website also mentions a ticket IN, and that isn't usually asked for if you travel overland and have a hotel booking in a border town. How strict they will be with their requirements could well depend on your history in any case.

• Like 1