O retirement visa: Still no insurance requirement?

I'm planning to convert my "O-A" retirement visa to an "O" retirement visa next month (February 2024) so as to remove the insurance requirement. Before proceeding I want to double-check that the "O" retirement visa still does not have an insurance requirement.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

No mention of any need for health insurance in the official list of requirements for non-O conversions for retirement, you'll doubtless be relieved to hear:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Just be aware, though, that, if your local office is Jomtien and you plan on using the 800k minimum bank balance method as per item 7, they will require this to be seasoned for at least 2 months as in the case of a regular annual retirement extension.

And, if your office is Chiang Mai, they will require your application to be submitted no later than 21 days before your latest permission to stay granted following a border run expires (rather than 15 days as stated in the heading).

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

OP, obviously you plan to exit Thailand without a reentry permit to kill off the non O-A and reenter visa exempt.

To obtain a non O retirement you need to show the funds (800k) came from o/s.

Usually if you can show the funds have been in Thailand for some time then that is not required. 

Which immigration will you use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, obviously you plan to exit Thailand without a reentry permit to kill off the non O-A and reenter visa exempt.

To obtain a non O retirement you need to show the funds (800k) came from o/s.

Usually if you can show the funds have been in Thailand for some time then that is not required. 

Which immigration will you use. 

Yes, I plan to do a border run to Cambodia and return visa exempt. I've had 800kB in a Thai bank for at least a couple of years. I'll be using Jomtien Immigration.

By the way, what are "OP" and "o/s"? 

2 hours ago, eboy said:

I'll be using Jomtien Immigration.

By the way,

You may have an issue.

Recently there was report of Jomitien requiring 2 month seasoning for funds to apply for non O from visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

That is not correct however nothing new with that office.

Perhaps you have had 800k+ in the account so not an issue.

It's only Jomitien that is playing this game. 

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You may have an issue.

Recently there was report of Jomitien requiring 2 month seasoning for funds to apply for non O from visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

That is not correct however nothing new with that office.

Perhaps you have had 800k+ in the account so not an issue.

It's only Jomitien that is playing this game. 

As noted, I've had 800k+ in the account for at least 2 years. So I should be okay, right?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1