Looking for ophthalmologist recomendation

You are aware this only become a profession in Thailand in 2010?  So most places outside of major cities are unlikely to even have.  Eye issues are normally handled in hospital setting by ophthalmologists who can also spot and treat any medical conditions.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Near Phitsanulok     thanks     

I went to KT Optic in Central, P'lok. Got the best prescription, progressive, I have ever had. Went for Premium Essilor lenses @ 16k per pair, but they are perfect.

58 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware this only become a profession in Thailand in 2010?  So most places outside of major cities are unlikely to even have.  Eye issues are normally handled in hospital setting by ophthalmologists who can also spot and treat any medical conditions.

I should have posted optometrist/opthalmologists      i am going to change the title -thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I went to KT Optic in Central, P'lok. Got the best prescription, progressive, I have ever had. Went for Premium Essilor lenses @ 16k per pair, but they are perfect.

They obviously gave you a sight test. Did this include such as a field, pressure test and photograph of your eye (Retinal Imaging)? 

4 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

They obviously gave you a sight test. Did this include such as a field, pressure test and photograph of your eye (Retinal Imaging)? 

No photo, but all the other tests. Since then I have used their prescription at Zenni and had good results.

But as someone said, the local Govt Hospital should have the ability to thoroughly test your eyes, without forcing you to buy specs from them. Next time!

Heard an interesting debate on Ch5 yesterday about whether drivers in UK should have eye test before renewing driving licence, at 70 yrs old. At the moment you simply state on a form that you can see properly with or without your specs. Yes, I think eye test is needed every ten years when you renew, or in Thailand every five years. Eyes change over time and if specs are needed, get some, rather than stopping driving.

On the other hand, you could just forget the test, the specs and licence. Just drive !!! 555

• Haha 1

I suggest Naresuan University Hospital

Located in the town of Pitsanoluk within University grounds.

Bring a Thai speaker with you the first time at least, the registration procedures can be confusing and everything is in Thai. They don't see many foreigners.

Also bring patience and something to read, waist may be long.

Possible that the opthalmologist is nto there every day, you'll have to check.

I don't know what your problem is, but if anything seriouc or complicated, the best thing is to come to Bangkok and go to Rutnin Eye Hospital. But for routine things  Naresuan should be OK.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I suggest Naresuan University Hospital

Located in the town of Pitsanoluk within University grounds.

Bring a Thai speaker with you the first time at least, the registration procedures can be confusing and everything is in Thai. They don't see many foreigners.

Also bring patience and something to read, waist may be long.

Possible that the opthalmologist is nto there every day, you'll have to check.

I don't know what your problem is, but if anything seriouc or complicated, the best thing is to come to Bangkok and go to Rutnin Eye Hospital. But for routine things  Naresuan should be OK.

Excellent thank you

There are ophthalmologists attached to Pitsanuvej Hospital (and probably the others) that also have private clinics.  Cannot recommend a particular doctor (only one to avoid) but the foreign liaison officer at the hospital is good. If you are looking at an operation just not be polite and ask questions of their recent successful operations.

14 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

There are ophthalmologists attached to Pitsanuvej Hospital (and probably the others) that also have private clinics.  Cannot recommend a particular doctor (only one to avoid) but the foreign liaison officer at the hospital is good. If you are looking at an operation just not be polite and ask questions of their recent successful operations.

Thank you