Thailand getting cheaper

Celsius

5 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

How can you be at retirement age and not having 800k in a bank? What were people like you doing all their life? I don't get this.

GFC perhaps? Google it. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wow your rice diet saved 10k/day.  Congrats.  

I think it is similar priced or higher in Thailand but the profit must be higher with wages on the windows advertised at 15$/ hr in USA and probably 2$/hr at most in Thailand. 

56 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

People run into all kinds of financial issues - especially medical - helping family, business failures, accidents - - and many people are just not very good with money - they use it to purchase the latest this or that... I don't knock them for their poor choices - - advertising is wildly powerful... 

I was a business owner and my employees always had newer and more expensive cars than I had... they struggled financially - I retired young... it is sometimes bad luck but most often choices. 

Yeah, accidents happen and it can bankrupt you especially in USA. But it's most likely what you described, that people are living beyond their means (which I don't understand and can't relate to). I don't want to turn this into dick measuring competition because I would definitely lose. But for example right now I have like 7M - 12M in Bitcoin alone. And I drive 2015 Toyota worth 250k. While my neighbor has 1M car (Fortuner). And he is paying monthly payments (because he can't afford to pay 1M in cash) which will make him pay like 2M for that car. That's pure stupidity. 

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

Maybe you should have devoted more time to studying English

Why? I don't make money in English or interested in your mom.

Edited by AndyAndyAndy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

Why does everybody compare Thai prices with prices in the west? The Thai wage I guess is about 400 baht per day maybe more in some cases. My wife who is also Thai live and work in the wet makes AUD 1150 per hour. Not per day!!!!Yes cost of living is higher but the end of the day we are better of here.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just had a McD’s in the UK before Xmas (on a time bomb & needed a stop gap so hit the drive through)…

… hideous… cardboard…  & expensive…

The once or twice per year we resort to McD’s in Thailand it’s so much better, still not Burger King which is better IMO (for the once or twice per year we resort to that).

’Maccie Dees’ is a big hit in the UK - full of pikey chavs…  just awful…  Thailand at least does it a little better.

• Like 1