Almost 500 Minors Found Partying During Night Club Raid in Pathum Thani

webfact

image.jpeg

At 12:30 AM, on January 7th, 2024, Mr. Ronarong Thipsiri, the Inspector General of the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA), Khlong Luang police, and relevant agencies raided an entertainment venue called HEAVEN Rangsit on Soi Khlong Luang 25 in Pathum Thani.

According to a report by the police, locals filed a complaint report that the entertainment venue allegedly secretly provided services without a valid license to minors under the age of 20, sold alcoholic beverages to minors under the age of 20, annoyed locals with loud music, and opened beyond prescribed legal hours.

After the investigation, more than 50 police and relevant officers raided the HEAVEN Rangsit Club and discovered that the establishment had almost 1,000 visitors. It was reported that 489 minors were found and were students and youths using the services. The lowest age was found to be only 16-years-old and 41 people were found not carrying ID cards, said the police.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

At 12:30 AM, on January 7th, 2024, Mr. Ronarong Thipsiri, the Inspector General of the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA), Khlong Luang police, and relevant agencies raided an entertainment venue called HEAVEN Rangsit on Soi Khlong Luang 25 in Pathum Thani.

According to a report by the police, locals filed a complaint report that the entertainment venue allegedly secretly provided services without a valid license to minors under the age of 20, sold alcoholic beverages to minors under the age of 20, annoyed locals with loud music, and opened beyond prescribed legal hours.

After the investigation, more than 50 police and relevant officers raided the HEAVEN Rangsit Club and discovered that the establishment had almost 1,000 visitors. It was reported that 489 minors were found and were students and youths using the services. The lowest age was found to be only 16-years-old and 41 people were found not carrying ID cards, said the police.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I wouldn't call them "Minors" but young people. Minors are for me kids under 14. In Western countries you're allowed to vote with 16. So they are seen as young, responsible adults. Not minors at all. So, why not have them their rave party?😳

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Henryford said:

How can a place with 1,000 customers be a "secret". Obvious they would be raided at some point.

The place appears to be the size of a football field, so the "secret" must not have been kept very well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went camping out near Gila Bend, New Mexico one time and a bunch of kids showed up and we're partying hard all night.

I remember they were playing this Beastie Boys song...

Then I woke up early and these pussies were all asleep.

So I got out a pot and a spoon and started banging on them as loud as I could screaming...

YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY WOO HOO 🥳

Again a example of a failing system by the entertainment industry... They want to open till 4 am, but can't even follow the normal standards... And did the 500 minors pee too to test them?? It would be probably a surprise how many were clear... 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

discovered that the establishment had almost 1,000 visitors.

This is probably more alarming. I bet most of the exits are barricaded, to prevent folks from sneaking in. 

There hasn't been a catastrophic night-club fire in a year or so.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I wouldn't call them "Minors" but young people. Minors are for me kids under 14. In Western countries you're allowed to vote with 16. So they are seen as young, responsible adults. Not minors at all. So, why not have them their rave party?😳

Most western countries do not vote at 16. Very few do. Screenshot_20240108_111106_Brave.thumb.jpg.c1e68efd2847ff48e00d652b56cab516.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_111117_Brave.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The place appears to be the size of a football field, so the "secret" must not have been kept very well.

It looks like the bloody stock exchange, if it wasn't for the tables in the foreground, (unless that's a generic photo and there's a damn sight more than 1,000 people in that photo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, stoner said:

Same as your original comment. But yet you posted it. 

So you prefer not giving any further clarification of your post? That's ok. Don't answer. Please respect my privacy

5 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

So you prefer not giving any further clarification of your post? That's ok. Don't answer. Please respect my privacy

clarification. you claimed that western countries voted at 16. i showed otherwise. you were referring to the story that they are not minors. when in fact they are.

but you keep on about privacy on a public forum. 

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

You wrote an incorrect statement (so what, no big deal) and then go on to throw your toys out of the pram when someone corrects you.

Get a grip.

Back on topic... I find it very unlikely that the fizz knew nothing about this venue way before the raid.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

clarification. you claimed that western countries voted at 16. i showed otherwise. you were referring to the story that they are not minors. when in fact they are.

but you keep on about privacy on a public forum. 

Where are you from that you don't know the meaning of respect? And why you don't know the meaning of privacy? And why you can't understand that I don't want to discuss anything with YOU? Sure, it's a public forum but without respect??? I doubt it.🙏

6 hours ago, khunjeff said:

And the three million social media posts, with photos and videos, with the hashtag heavenrangsit. Oh, yeah, and their FB page.

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

You wrote an incorrect statement (so what, no big deal) and then go on to throw your toys out of the pram when someone corrects you.

Get a grip.

Back on topic... I find it very unlikely that the fizz knew nothing about this venue way before the raid.

Incorrect statement? I don't think so. But please understand that I prefer a respectful discussion but not like  "I got the only sovereignty of opinion." That's not the meaning of discussion. In case you don't know...it would mean that I listen to you and you're listen to me. That's far away from any "beat him" mentality.

Have a good day🙏

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

What minors are for you is entirely irrelevant as far as Thai law is concerned.

Age of majority is 20 in Thailand.

Most countries in the world, including most in the West, it's 18.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority

Edited by Enoon