New Covid JN.1 Strain Sweeping Thailand

webfact

Just now, Bday Prang said:

indeed   Except most clips contradicting the narrative were and continue to be removed    so that's backfired on you,    hasn't it    

Nonsensical comment.  I started with fear mongering and you went left field.  You don't have to have a 'narrative' but would be nice if you could follow the conversation at least.

I am reading this because the site keeps showing an ad of a nice girl in underwear. Go figure.

Anyway, for what it's worth: I am considered "at risk" person by age and conditions. I caught covid last December, I think from crowded flights and/or crowded immigration. I found out to be positive because I test regularly. No symptoms at all, all vital signs normal. Negative again after 6 days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Negita43 said:

where mask wearing is part of the culture of caring for other's welfare.

Yes - remember that next time you're eating Thai style and someone sticks their spoon into to your Tom Yum - the same spoon that's just been in their mouth.  Mask wearing they'll do but try asking them to stop sharing food or to at least use a serving spoon - not a hope.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

On 1/11/2024 at 2:04 PM, Mansell said:

Tell the people who died last time around it is a scam. Especially the TV broadcaster in England whose husband just died of Covid….and no he didn’t take any shots….he got Covid right at the beginning of the virus before they came out with anything to combat it. I was in BKK hospital in Pattaya with Covid and felt so awful I would have been happy to die. You got lucky and dodged a bullet.

I'm not going to get into this... It was a massive oever-reaction the purpose of which will come out eventually.

As for your suggestion "Tell the people who died last time around it is a scam".........that would be a little difficult. Firstly, you dont actually know what the cause of anyones death really was and I haven't quite mastered speaking to the dead yet. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Yes of course.

FYI, for your next "anecdote": Fox was pro-jab.

Not according to bloomberg and many other studies...

"Negative reporting on Covid-19 shots that aired on Fox News was linked to increased vaccine hesitancy, according to a new study that shows how the nation’s No. 1 news network influenced viewers during a pandemic that has killed more than 1.1 million people in the US.

Concerns about the safety of Covid vaccines as measured in reported side effects increased following heightened periods of negativity in Fox News coverage of vaccines, according to the study published Wednesday in the journal Political Communication.

Public opinion surveys also showed Fox viewers reported elevated levels of vaccine hesitancy throughout the pandemic compared to regular viewers of other programs."

A post with entirely unsourced and unsubstantiated claims has been removed for contravening the forum's Community Standards.

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A 14-year-old Japanese girl died unexpectedly 2 days after receiving the third dose of the [Pfizer BioNTech] BNT1262b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.

Very sad for the girl BUT how many didn't die because they had the vaccine?

Funny how these things seem to  get a  head of steam just as the NFL season in the US is winding down. Prob. just a 'coincidence'.. :glare: Everything is you know.

How many here have had more than 1-3 injections.

How many have had more than  3 or 4?

Will you line up again if directed for the greater good?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mooping20Baht said:

wash your hands, and don't touch your face, wear a mask indoors.

and as taught in kindergarten, your freedom to infect me, is a sign of sociopathy , as it hinders the communities liberty & life, and real freedom.

I skipped kindergarten.

All the more reason for me to remain quarantined, or under self-quarantine, for another two years.

Total time of my self quarantine will probably extend to about 6 years, before we see the end of this virus.

Still, I do enjoy more time with myself.

Home Alone.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Very sad for the girl BUT how many didn't die because they had the vaccine?

in reality nobody knows,  despite what "experts" say    I know plenty of people who are still alive despite (  or because) they didn't have the vaccine

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 9:55 AM, stoner said:

People who get infected by this new stain have mild symptoms with some only having a cold and sore throat like common respiratory infections.

Some do, some don't. Even mild symptom Cov19 can leave a trail of damage on your system. Rather avoid getting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

in reality nobody knows,  despite what "experts" say    I know plenty of people who are still alive despite (  or because) they didn't have the vaccine

Some are alive, some aren't. You haven't got a guarantee what the outcome will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Some do, some don't. Even mild symptom Cov19 can leave a trail of damage on your system. Rather avoid getting it.

I would also rather avoid catching a cold too, or stepping in dog $hit for that matter  but I have not taken to posting on here about the fact, with an almost evangelical zeal, handing out advice to people on the measures I think they should take,

Should problems regarding the vaccine turn out to be true in the fullness of time, some "lay people" on here are going to feel pretty stupid for applying pressure...

Edited by stats
trolling comments removed
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Some are alive, some aren't. You haven't got a guarantee what the outcome will be.

Indeed nobody knows, that much at least is true,   Nobody should be criticised for  exercising their right not to have been vaccinated

• Agree 1

Again on this thread a very small yet very vocal minority take it upon themselves to dictate what others should and should not do, based on their own panic driven insecurities.  And in effect doing the work of the authorities by promoting the narrative.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Again on this thread a very small yet very vocal minority take it upon themselves to dictate what others should and should not do,

You keep repeating that same false rubbish above....

But as one of those you're presumably referring to, I haven't and don't generally "dictate" to anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. I will say what I am doing...

And I do present facts and information and recommendations from public health agencies and experts via news reports.

But even they are not "dictating" anything to anyone these days, since obviously people are going to do whatever they choose to do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1