Feng Shui people - How do you deal with them?

Chris Daley

We recently moved into a new house and the sister in law came over.  She is the older one so what she says goes.  She just casually said ''You can't use that door.'' it is the main door to the front of the house.  So we have to use a sliding door now.  Then we had the AC people coming in.  She is one of these people who looks down on laborers.  She's shouting at them to put the ac on the other side of the house away from the electric and water.  There is already a space where the old one was but she wants to move it to the other side of the room.  Finally the workers refuse to do it.  They told her why it would be difficult and then continued working.  She then demands that the mirror must be hung on a certain wall.  The wall in the dark next to the cat litter trays so no one can stand in front of it.  She also told us that we can not position the bed in a certain place.  The bed must be near the toilet door.  Great idea so now we have cut the bed in half to open the door?  No you just walk around the hallway in a circle and use the other door.

She is a Buddhist sometimes and a Christian as well.  Sure why not.  There are five major religions so four must be lying.

How about you?  Do you think people who believe in Feng Shui should be painted blue?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I would have told her to get out as soon as she said "You can't use that door"....

(Having said that, I did make changes [about 20 years ago] to my first small hotel bathroom layout when my mad ex #2 told me that I couldn't have toilets facing north - nowadays I ... er ... poo,poo such talk!)

Edited by simon43
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I would have told her to get out as soon as she said "You can't use that door"....

(Having said that, I did make changes [about 20 years ago] to my first small hotel bathroom layout when my mad ex #2 told me that I couldn't have toilets facing north - nowadays I ... er ... poo,poo such talk!)

Says an already blue-painted person :whistling:

Agree 100% of course :smile:

We did design our home in line with the basic premises but since Madam is the oldest what she says goes anyway.

feng Shui people should be considerately put in their proper place ... 

actually my farang wife had a Feng Shui degree and one thing that does make sense is that my desk had to face the office door so that I could head on see anyone who entered the room, thereby freeing up the rest of my mind which did not have to be concerned about being surprised.. 

• Like 1

First: Who's the owner of the house????

Second: an electric fence would solve your problems.

Third: if it's not your house and you only rented it? Look for another area to live.

Feng Shui is like an religion. And me, I'm atheist. So I don't bother.🙏

On 1/11/2024 at 7:25 AM, freeworld said:

Follow their advice. Their ideas provide peace and tranquility in your living space.

Cos they stop nagging you.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:06 PM, Chris Daley said:

Feng Shui people - How do you deal with them?

I don’t.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:06 PM, Chris Daley said:

Do you think people who believe in Feng Shui should be painted blue?

Maybe some people should just leave them alone.

Being aware of this crap. I bought a book first published in China. I read it from cover to cover then I moved out here. At first I argued that the correct way was like this or that. So then I’m approached with another alternative. These people make it up as they go along. Now I just say NO.