TM47 - 90 days - "first time"

I must ask you guys that know about this. Well it is being said that in order to be able to report 90 days via online that is good and easy. BUT, and here my question.

"First time" =  i.e. a new passport I know that, you must go to immigration personally. But if I have an extension of stay and a valid Re Entry Permit, and I come back to Thailand, does that mean that I can NOT apply for my 90 days via online, I must go personally.....

So I would be very grateful to know what this "first time" really  includes....

Thank you,

4 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

I must ask you guys that know about this. Well it is being said that in order to be able to report 90 days via online that is good and easy. BUT, and here my question.

"First time" =  i.e. a new passport I know that, you must go to immigration personally. But if I have an extension of stay and a valid Re Entry Permit, and I come back to Thailand, does that mean that I can NOT apply for my 90 days via online, I must go personally.....

Thank you,

No not that I have personally experienced. My advice would be to apply online 14 days before due date as permitted and the system will either accept or reject your submission, the worst that can happen on rejection is you have to go to the office in person anyway.

PS - my first report online after receiving a new passport was also accepted despite reading misinformation that it wouldn't be accepted.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used the 90-day online system flawlessly, until I obtained a new passport whilst on a visit to the UK.

On returning to Thailand, I immediately went to Immigration and had my stamps changed over.

83 days after rentering, I tried to submit my 90-day report online, but immediately received a message to visit my IO.

At the IO and asking why my online report was rejected, the IO dabbled on his PC, gave me a new 90-day report date and told me it was OK now.

I just submitted my next 90-day report online yesterday, and it was approved today.
I can only surmise they didn't update my new passport details on their system in the first instance, hence it was rejected.

Others have reported successfully submitting their first 90-day online after re-entering the Country on a new passport.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, norbra said:

Try online at the earliest opportunity,if it fails you could then quickly report by mail.

Not sure of OP immigration office.

First up he should be able to do it online even with new pp.

My suggestion similar to yours.

14 days prior to due date I would do mail report and also online.

Doing both does not derail the system.

If no positive success till grace period, I would attend immigration office in person. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Not sure of OP immigration office.

First up he should be able to do it online even with new pp.

My suggestion slightly different to yours.

14 days prior to due date I would do mail report and also online.

Doing both does not derail the system.

If no positive success till grace period, I would attend immigration office in person. 

Some time back I did both,with a follow up online report which was accepted and approved,so finished up getting 2 next report due dates.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, norbra said:

Some time back I did both,with a follow up online report which was accepted and approved,so finished up getting 2 next report due dates.

In my case I subsequently received approval from online.

Later I received docs returned from my mail report.

Had red memo on it.

The gf translation was "report already filed" 

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

At the IO and asking why my online report was rejected, the IO dabbled on his PC, gave me a new 90-day report date and told me it was OK now.

The online system is flawed. My recent online report was rejected, and I received an email: 'have to go in person and submit a new TM30'. Went in person, and no word about a new TM30. Guy in front of me made the same experience, by the way.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

22 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I received an email: 'have to go in person and submit a new TM30'. Went in person, and no word about a new TM30. Guy in front of me made the same experience, by the way.

Weird.

The TM30 has nothing to do with TM47 

I'm bit tired of folk singing the praises of online reports.

My last 3 have needed to be in person (CW) despite previous success online. 

The reports in person have not fixed the glitch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I thought my submission yesterday would be rejected.
After submitting, I realised I'd put the wrong address.
It was still approved today, go figure.

Any reason given for your last 3 being rejected?

11 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I've used the 90-day online system flawlessly, until I obtained a new passport whilst on a visit to the UK.

On returning to Thailand, I immediately went to Immigration and had my stamps changed over.

83 days after rentering, I tried to submit my 90-day report online, but immediately received a message to visit my IO.

I just submitted my next 90-day report online yesterday, and it was approved today.
I can only surmise they didn't update my new passport details on their system in the first instance, hence it was rejected.

Others have reported successfully submitting their first 90-day online after re-entering the Country on a new passport.

When you have got a new Passport the first 90 days Report has to be done in person.

3 minutes ago, UWEB said:

When you have got a new Passport the first 90 days Report has to be done in person.

On the basis I didn't have to is why I advocate initially trying online first THEN going in person if online is rejected, nothing ventured nothing gained.

40 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

Thank you guys, so we can clearly see that it is absolutely not black and white, and we all have to find out individually at our local IO...

Yes I think that's the correct mindset here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Any reason given for your last 3 being rejected

My first rejection reason was "no room #".

That was out of the blue as I had never had Room number on previous online reports which were approved.

The next 2 rejections I have no idea.

When I questioned the io at CW, at the time did not understand her and did not push it. 

At that time there were reports of if don't receive approval after X days cancel report and do new one.

Which I did after waiting 10 days.

The io words when I went in person during grace period were "must wait 15 days" 

I'm over it. 

12 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

This may be reporting-office dependent, so share that or go ask in person.

IME, CW, in the same circumstances, no. I was able to successfully file on-line. 

There have been some indications (my opinion) that having filed a TM30 on the new system leads to seamless and quick TM47 on-line application and approval. YMMV.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Weird.

The TM30 has nothing to do with TM47 

I'm bit tired of folk singing the praises of online reports.

Tired or not - it is working for the vast majority of those using it from the few negative reports we see here and expect most of us consider it a vast improvement - especially if living a distance from immigration office or up in years.  As has been said it is well worth the try several weeks early even if in doubt - expect most people are pleasantly surprised with quick and easy approval.  And in worst case still have time to do using other ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

I returned from Europe and my online 90 days was rejected. They told me at Immigration that after returning to Thailand from outside you have to come in person. As is the case with a new passport, as pointed out above. The science behind all this eludes me.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

There have been some indications (my opinion) that having filed a TM30 on the new system leads to seamless and quick TM47 on-line application and approval. YMMV.

I also think there may be something in this. A number of people have reported receiving a rejection with the reason that they should "submit a new TM30". In these cases, it would be interesting to know if they are still on the old TM30 system or have already registered on the new system. Or whether there is any pattern of this at particular offices.

I think it depends on the office. Despite many people rubbishing Jomtien immigration, usually people that dont use it, I find it excellent. 3 months ago when I returned to Thailand with a new passport I visited to change the Retirement extension stamps over. This was a very quick process and collected the following day. When my 90 day report was due with the new passport I submitted an online report in the afternoon and it was accepted and returned the following morning. Cant beat that.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

The "First Time" refers to the first extension of a Non O visa.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

TM47 is linked to passport so already being on an extension every chance you will have to go in person. I recently returned on new passport but also had a new visa so the extension did the 90 day for me.

2 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I also think there may be something in this. A number of people have reported receiving a rejection with the reason that they should "submit a new TM30". In these cases, it would be interesting to know if they are still on the old TM30 system or have already registered on the new system. Or whether there is any pattern of this at particular offices.

also read many posts showing concern about the new TM30 enrollment so went to a IO in Hua Hin November to ask if I could get enrolled in the new TM30 system there. The IO accepted my Condo bluebook and replied that it was a good idea to enroll in the new system for TM47 online. She removed my prior TM47 paper that was expired as I had left country and re-entered, stamped a new paper with my next TM47 reporting date (based on my entry date) and updated my TM30 with a new date stamp in my passport (paper TM30). 

I just submitted my TM47 online, have my fingers crossed.

As I mentioned before, it's hit or miss in CM as to whether whoever is reading the online TM47 filings decides to reject the filing because a hotel (or whoever) in Thailand has filed a TM30.  Even in that case, I can still file the TM47 in person (neither the main office or Central Festival cares about the TM30 apparently) but, to be able to start up again with the TM47 online filings, I had to go to the office behind the main office, tell them what happened, and they updated it (they only wanted to see my passport to get this "update").

What's frustrating is the the occasional "hit" seems to directly contradict the rules they published 3 years ago.  Oh, and returning from abroad back to my regular address , I've had no problem continuing with the TM47 online filings (probably because no new TM30 was filed out side of Thailand).

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The online system is flawed. My recent online report was rejected, and I received an email: 'have to go in person and submit a new TM30'. Went in person, and no word about a new TM30. Guy in front of me made the same experience, by the way.

I seem to remember is that there is to fill the expiration date of current extension when filing online, that this is not marked with an asterisk meaning mandatory info, but in fact it is required. When I didn't fill it, I got a rejection asking about visa. The form printout did not show visa type, either.

Maybe address on TM30 in their records did not match the address on your TM47 because you stayed in a hotel that filed a TM30.

35 minutes ago, placnx said:

Maybe address on TM30 in their records did not match the address on your TM47 because you stayed in a hotel that filed a TM30.

Possible. I stayed a few nights at a hotel on holiday. Perhaps I should stop travelling in Thailand, and spent my time in only one place... LOL

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I am looking at my 1 year O Retirement Visa renewal                   there are 2 dates on the stamp 

9 Nov 2023                extension of stay until  30 Nov 2024     which one is my 90 day TM 47 date 

3 minutes ago, nana kid said:

I am looking at my 1 year O Retirement Visa renewal                   there are 2 dates on the stamp 

9 Nov 2023                extension of stay until  30 Nov 2024     which one is my 90 day TM 47 date 

Extension of stay renewals have nothing to do with 90 day reporting unless your office advise/complete such a report at time of application.  Most do not - so next 90 day report is as listed on last TM47 receipt or 90 days from last entry into Thailand.