British and Russian Motorcyclists Collide in Pattaya

webfact

36 minutes ago, Ken444 said:

He should have let her drive.  I never rode a bike till I was in my 50's - always let the wife drive till I was competent.

I always like to drive as I started riding bikes when I was 16, in fact brought my own bike on my 16th birthday.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

'Mr. Dmitrii Bordiug, a Russian national, suffered only minor injuries, declining medical assistance, and remained at the scene waiting for authorities. According to Mr. Bordiug’s translated account,'

Russian National AKA draft dodger.

Who did the translating?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Chongalulu said:

This is how it all starts ,a minor incident which escalated and before you know it - Nuclear Armageddon! This is just a rerun of the Bay of Pigs with a different ending  💥 😳

Wrong forum? Red Sea escalation?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thesetat said:

The rental bike business booms there in Pattaya without any checks to see if the driver actually knows how to drive a motorcycle. Then these same drivers become overconfident and drive stupidly and fast or recklessly causing accidents. They deserve their injuries and the hefty fines they will soon have to pay for the damage they caused. In other countries you actually need a special license to drive or rent motorbikes. Thailand should adopt a safer attitude towards this. Perhaps change all the motorbike rentals to bicycles. Pattaya is not that big of a city that you could not get anywhere on a bicycle easily enough. 

A large percentage of local riders here and 90% of tourist riders here would never pass the riding course required to get a motorcycle license in South Australia.  Mind you if same policy was adapted here cycle renters and RTP incomes would take a massive hit. So keep on riding, killing and injuring people. I have rode bikes since I was 17,  20 years ago I had to do course after letting my Australian license lapse for 5 years while working in PNG. Thought I was a good rider was hard to accept at 50 I still had somethings to learn. I will stop riding  when I feel no longer safe to myself or others. 73 now so probably within next 5 years to keep wife happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He was from the UK and one would expect better driving.... but for locals, beware, they don't really worry about what goes on behind them. They only look forwards. (Well, down at their phones too of course).

Not really; I've been cut off by Brits on bikes, how 'bout you. And locals were not driving in this case. Just the inevitable attempt to divert attention to Thais and away from one of our own good lads from whom we expect better. Just a momentary, understandable little lapse that we've all had. Not drunk or senile or inept or anything. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Mr. Dmitrii Bordiug, a Russian national, suffered only minor injuries, declining medical assistance, and remained at the scene waiting for authorities. According to Mr. Bordiug’s translated account,'

Russian National AKA draft dodger.

Who did the translating?

A competent translator. But was the Brit a tax dodger? Could have been his last fling before moving to Cambodia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, novacova said:

“he was traveling straight when the other motorcycle rider abruptly turned in front of him”

An every day occurrence here. One needs to take upon themselves the anticipation of an unexpected maneuver at any moment 

they have a different right of way -very confusing

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, I'm well taken care of. Can't imagine how the possible sexual escapades of that old Brit with his ho' for the night could possibly be of any interest whatsoever.:cheesy:

Yet, here you are posting about it

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, I'm laughing at you. Funny the unconsciousness.

So, do you think the motorcycle was insured? Will he have to pay the prostitute's hospital bill? And most importantly.... Will they ever have seggz?

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Celsius said:

So, do you think the motorcycle was insured? Will he have to pay the prostitute's hospital bill? And most importantly.... Will they ever have seggz?

You're trying hard to get off the topic of your curiosity about their possible sexual escapades. Does this mean you took my suggestion for getting over it, or just trying to distract yourself?

Edited by BigStar
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1