Israeli ambassador launches campaign to remind Thais about the hostages still being held in Gaza

webfact

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Please explain the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter.

Nelson Mandela was called both a terrorist and a freedom fighter, yet ended up as President of South Africa.

I would call Netanyahu a terrorist and a war criminal for what he has ordered to be done in the Gaza strip, and has been doing for years.

But that is just my opinion, which is worth the same as your opinion.

@billd766

Please explain the difference between yourself and a troll.

This was done to death.

Did Mandela rape anyone for 'the cause'? Was he in favor of mass slaughter of civilians in the wholesale barbaric manner evident on 7/10? Was he a religious fanatic?

You can call Netanyahu a lot of things, but 'terrorist' and 'war criminal' are just hot-air that does not really apply. It's just a lazy arsed back-at-you comment.

Some opinions are based on facts, yours are more to do with bias.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Almost anyone with half a brain would know that the current Thai government is weak and plays both sides, see also Ukraine v. Russia.

And given the 'history' in four restive Southern provinces, that the government would object to the Israeli ambassadors hijacking of tuk-tuks, placing the government in a difficult position.

Blowback:

Foreign Minister Panpri Pahittanukorn on Tuesday has ordered his permanent secretary to summon Israeli Ambassador to Thailand Orna Sagiv to explain that the Thai government doesn't support the use of dozens of tutktuk as vehicles for the campaign posters calling for the release of all hostages taken by Hamas. He added the negotiations for the release of Thai hostages is ongoing and their safety is a priority.

source Khaosod English FB

38 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, it is a profession. I was for many years an officer in the British Army. An artillery officer. My duties in the field revolved around identifying targets and engaging them with fire from artillery (canon), mortars, aircraft, attack helicopters, and even occasionally naval vessels. The part involving aircraft and armed helicopters was "Forward Air Controlling (FAC)". It was done by radio or latterly computer link over radio, from a static observation post, or on foot if working with infantry, or a vehicle accompanying armour, or even occasionally from a light observation helicopter. That is what an FAC does.

Now if you have never been in the army, fine. If you don't under stand the skills used, fine. But if, as @Morch suggests you run your mouth off in this way then you just make yourself look silly and ignorant.

I have no idea where nurses come into the whole matter.

Well, thank you for enlightening explaination concerning your former "job". 

However, it's not a job like carpenter, plumber, or lawyer. It's a job just for killing other people.

And please tell me what to do with that "job" after leaving the army?

You fight now your own private wars....?

And now comes the nurse into our game. 

An army is some kind of a home for soldiers. They know where they belong to. And similar as in school or home there is somebody giving orders. On the other hand the army will protect you, give you shelter, housing, clothes and food. Similar to a nurse in a nursing home. And now *Morch* needs someone to answer? He can't do it by himself?😂

Maybe I look silly. I don't know. Ask my wife.🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Good. The more, the better.

Well, if you think the world would be a better place if more people supported the murderous, barbaric, proscribed Terrorist group, Hamas, it might be time for some introspection; if, of course, that firstly, you know what that means, and secondly that you have the prerequisite conscience that doing so would require … I have my doubts on both counts .  ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Please explain the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter.

Nelson Mandela was called both a terrorist and a freedom fighter, yet ended up as President of South Africa.

I would call Netanyahu a terrorist and a war criminal for what he has ordered to be done in the Gaza strip, and has been doing for years.

But that is just my opinion, which is worth the same as your opinion.

I have forgotten the details because it was so long ago, but did the ANC undertake rape and murder operations similar to 7 October? Did their charter call for the elimination of every white South African from the soil? Did they engage in random bombings or rocket attacks on the white civilian population? Maybe they did, but I can't remember that happening. But that's the difference in case you didn't know.

This is just a disingenuous comparison, but that's what I have come to expect from you but only it seems on this topic. You have more sensible posts about other things, perhaps you should question why that is the case.

I would also call Netanyahu a war criminal so we're in agreement there.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, if you think the world would be a better place if more people supported the murderous, barbaric, proscribed Terrorist group, Hamas, it might be time for some introspection; if, of course, that firstly, you know what that means, and secondly that you have the prerequisite conscience that doing so would require … I have my doubts on both counts .  ¯\_()_/¯

What a sad little closed minded person you are.

You cannot seem to respond to any post without insulting the poster.

Don you have any original thoughts or ideas of your own?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

I have forgotten the details because it was so long ago, but did the ANC undertake rape and murder operations similar to 7 October? Did their charter call for the elimination of every white South African from the soil? Did they engage in random bombings or rocket attacks on the white civilian population? Maybe they did, but I can't remember that happening. But that's the difference in case you didn't know.

This is just a disingenuous comparison, but that's what I have come to expect from you but only it seems on this topic. You have more sensible posts about other things, perhaps you should question why that is the case.

I would also call Netanyahu a war criminal so we're in agreement there.

The reason that I have different views on other topics is that they are not about the elimination of all the Palestinians in Gaza, be they men, women or children, innocent or guilty of being a supporter of Hamas.

I think that for every Palestinian, innocent or guilty, slaughtered by the IDF in Gaza, there is another supporter of Palestine created somewhere in the world.

So, IMHO it will be impossible for Netanyahu to kill every supporter of Palestine and/or Hamas inside of Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon or elsewhere.

It is long past time that the people of Israel stopped him and his Zionist war cabinet. The other option is for the US to stop supporting him.

They have been talking since October 7th, and they have achieved nothing, and yet every day more people on both sides are killed and injured.

The exact same thing should also happen to all the Hamas leadership.

All of them should be locked in a big room along with all of the Israeli leaders and left to fight among themselves to the death of ALL of them.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The reason that I have different views on other topics is that they are not about the elimination of all the Palestinians in Gaza, be they men, women or children, innocent or guilty of being a supporter of Hamas.

I think that for every Palestinian, innocent or guilty, slaughtered by the IDF in Gaza, there is another supporter of Palestine created somewhere in the world.

So, IMHO it will be impossible for Netanyahu to kill every supporter of Palestine and/or Hamas inside of Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon or elsewhere.

It is long past time that the people of Israel stopped him and his Zionist war cabinet. The other option is for the US to stop supporting him.

They have been talking since October 7th, and they have achieved nothing, and yet every day more people on both sides are killed and injured.

All of them should be locked in a big room along with all of the Israeli leaders and left to fight among themselves to the death of ALL of them.

@billd766

Oh, so just more nonsense, then. Good good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What a sad little closed minded person you are.

You cannot seem to respond to any post without insulting the poster.

Don you have any original thoughts or ideas of your own?

So, you proudly declare yourself to be a supporter of the most vile, barbaric terrorist organisation in the history of mankind …. and then expect to be responded to in a courteous manner  ….. duh

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So, you proudly declare yourself to be a supporter of the most vile, barbaric terrorist organisation in the history of mankind …. and then expect to be responded to in a courteous manner  ….. duh

Please show where I have said that.

This time try to manage it without the personal insults.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

personally I can't believe that anybody supporting a terrorist organisation like Hamas is even allowed to post or comment on this forum, Considering some of the things I have been suspended for posting it's only right and proper that they should be banned, permanently.   What on earth is going on?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hospitals also lose their protected status when used as terror bases and run by terrorists.

Which rule book are you getting that out of? They are of course being used as 'cover' by Hamas, but still act as hospitals too. I do not grasp why they would do that, risking their own people, but isn't the rule of war not to attack such buildings? They are invaders. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Morch said:

What hospitals were 'blown'? Other than the infamous incident in which a Palestinian rocket hit one of them?

Hamas claim the Israelis themselves have killed their hostages. I don't believe much of what either side is telling us.... I do not know who owned that rocket. Israelis have certainly attacked hospitals, Kamal Adwan Hospital was raided. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Which rule book are you getting that out of? They are of course being used as 'cover' by Hamas, but still act as hospitals too. I do not grasp why they would do that, risking their own people, but isn't the rule of war not to attack such buildings? They are invaders. 

Rule 28. Medical units exclusively assigned to medical purposes must be respected and protected in all circumstances. They lose their protection if they are being used, outside their humanitarian function, to commit acts harmful to the enemy.

https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/customary-ihl/v1/rule28

Just one example below, many others..............

Gaza hospital chief admits to being Hamas commander, using clinic as military base

https://aseannow.com/topic/1314804-gaza-hospital-chief-admits-to-being-hamas-commander-using-clinic-as-military-base/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Morch said:

Hamas leadership said outright that dead Palestinians are a necessary sacrifice for 'the cause'. There were comment made about the blood of babies paving the way for victory etc.

Hamas knew Israel's reaction would be harsh. There was no attempt to protect the civilians under its rule. No offer of shelter in them tunnels. Calls on civilians to stay put instead of evacuate. Breaking off negotiations and hostage trades which resulted in the fighting pausing. Hijacking supplies. And using the populace as human shields.

In your mind, it's all Israel Bad.

So Israel is the willing tool of Hamas?

• Confused 3

21 hours ago, JCauto said:

Read the responses, it's easily explained. Trying to be droll and disingenuous isn't very convincing.

Was hoping for some intelligent responses not personal attacks?  Nothing has been explained except how it is indiscriminate bombing.  Still waiting?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, mark131v said:

Yes, yes you do and naïve too lets not forget naïve

Fortunately for you you're free for you to be a bit of a knob because soldiers gave their lives to allow you to have ignorant or bigoted views without fear of somebody exterminating you for your views or race, sexual orientation, political bent and so on but feel free to comment on things you know  nothing about....

You still can have your for me unimportant view, I got mine.

Keep in mind: there is not only white or black, or right or wrong in the world. So calm down and use appropriate language....if you're able to.🙏

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

You've become unhinged unfortunately. Listen to your own words - I have different views on other topics because they're not about the elimination of all the Palestinians in Gaza...what does that have to do with your views on other topics? How do your views on the current Israel-Hamas conflict affect your understanding of the African National Congress from decades ago? Why does it make you attempt to draw such an absurd parallel? Do you think this is some internet jihad you're engaging in and you'll somehow win us all over by spouting nonsense?

And while a few Far Right nutters in the Israeli government have said stuff as they always do, who said Israel is trying to eliminate all the Palestinians in Gaza? While we both agree that we strongly dislike Netanyahu, he said this six days ago "I want to make a few points absolutely clear,” Netanyahu said. “Israel has no intention of permanently occupying Gaza or displacing its civilian population. Israel is fighting Hamas terrorists, not the Palestinian population, and we are doing so in full compliance with international law.” I guess we'll find out about the last part in the Netherlands after a few years. But stop trying to pretend that this isn't exactly what Hamas wanted when they undertook their pogrom on 7 October.

Would I like to see the Right in Israel voted out of power and a new government pursue peace? Sure, you mean the Israeli Left like Rabin/Peres? They pursued peace and got an accord before it was rejected and the Palestinian people chose a cynical path forward. How did that go? Why didn't that work? Who walked away from the negotiating table? There are thick books written about this, and I'm not an expert, but it was a genuine attempt at establishing peace and got to a certain point in the mid-90s before it all collapsed because of hardliners on both sides. And as it benefited them, the hardliners have just pushed the conflict further and further as this ensures their ability to either scare the populace into voting them back in (regardless of these people already being convicted of corruption charges) or prevent another vote from ever happening since 2005. Now it's almost impossible for either side to elect peace-seeking leaders. But you would blame this exclusively on the Israelis I suppose. The Palestinians are just innocent children?

I do like your solution of locking them all in a room to fight to the death, but it would end with just more on both sides ready and willing to replace them. It's pretty intractable at this point. I don't see how it moves forward with Hamas intact and in power. They've been crystal clear that they have zero interest in peace of any sort, anywhere, with anyone. The Netanyahus of the world are happy to take advantage of this intransigence to push their own fascist visions forward.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Was hoping for some intelligent responses not personal attacks?  Nothing has been explained except how it is indiscriminate bombing.  Still waiting?

So when you inform the public that an area is about to be bombed and tell them to evacuate because you're attacking a military target embedded in an area of civilian infrastructure and homes, you consider this to be indiscriminate. Is that correct? When you bomb an area that appears to be a civilian hospital or school then your ground operations expose that it was, in fact, a military installation hidden within the civilian infrastructure, is this then still indiscriminate bombing? Or was it actually targeted all along? Even if they targeted it and find it wasn't a military installation, then it's actually not indiscriminate, it's an intelligence failure. Of course, we could call all war an intelligence failure on the part of humans, but that's besides the point.

Do you think they're deliberately trying to miss their targets when they start the bombing that they informed the populace about? Or do you think they're deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure to inflict damage and pain? That's also not indiscriminate bombing.

Indiscriminate bombing is something like carpet bombing, not targeted at all. Something like firing rockets towards a country without knowing or caring where they land. Something like the air campaign over Germany that had targets but no precision about how to hit them nor care about what happened to the population so they just bombed the crap out of it.

So no, I don't see this as indiscriminate bombing. It's targeted and deliberate and aimed at specific military installations, infrastructure, personnel and command and control centers. Does this mean it doesn't cause damage around and elsewhere? No, of course it does, there is no "precision bombing" and there is lots of "collateral damage" but these are all nice language tricks to distract people from the horror of war. Unfortunately, this is about as "clean" as it gets. Hamas deliberately puts their military infrastructure in these places and this is why we say they're using the population as human shields.

Contrast what's happening in Gaza with what's happening in Ukraine. Do you think there is more or less indiscriminate bombing in Ukraine? Do you think they're targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine? I think there's more indiscriminate bombing and more targeting. But it's just less dense in terms of population in most of the places where the bombing is happening - until it isn't and then a Ukrainian city is completely leveled and destroyed and the casualties among the population rise. Look forward to your "thoughts" on these points.

• Thanks 2