Dim Sum Dim Don't

19 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I am often told that the British don't have cuisine, so I thought okay let's give dim sum a go.

So the menu was tiny balls of pork.  No seasoning.  No garnish.  Just a little ball?  The flavors were bland and lacking in creativity. ''steamed pork ball''  ''steamed pork square''  ''steamed pork triangle''.

I am not sure what country Dim Sum is but they struggled with the drinks menu.  It was just the same hot bland water.  No flavor at all.  But they add pepsi and sprite to the menu.  So they include American drinks because they couldn't or don't have there own drinks?  And there's no dessert menu at all?  I mean you just don't have that?

The plate was a tiny rectangle and the waiter didn't bother to bring two more plates for the late guests.

Well that was a disappointment all around.  I will stick to my British food with it's delicate and layered flavors, varied textures and amazing value for money.

I like your humor. Got a good laugh.😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

You're the reason why people say Brits have no taste.

Go have some toad-in-the-hole with a side of beans.

It's called 99 baht Pattaya special breakfast 

• Confused 2

I agree with the OP. Dim Sum is mostly underachieving globules of pork with a bit of hohum shrimp in the mix.

Even at the high end, you will wish you had paid less for a proper entree than a sad collection of odds and sods. I have had it all over the world at every price and have never been wowed. I like the idea, but it’s wholly lacking in imagination. It’s like tapas (another letdown for the money) for try hards.

Best to date was the W hotel in Silom. Good, but hardly great.

I have eaten dim sum . Both in Hong Kong and Beijing.  And also in the states.  Never had an issue.  But I just didn’t go anywhere to eat it.