Brutal murder of Pattaya ride-hail driver sparks 18-kilometre police chase

webfact

image.jpeg

A brutal murder in Pattaya led to a police chase spanning over 18 kilometres after a 31 year old Grab and Bolt driver, named Thanathip, was found dead from stab wounds before his body was burnt with four tyres in an apparent effort to cover the crime.

The suspects, believed to be a 22 year old man named Wa and his 16 year old female accomplice, named Ice (pseudonym), fled to Phitsanulok but were eventually apprehended in an apartment complex.

The shocking incident took place in the Huay Yai Police jurisdiction before the body was moved to the Nong Prue area, approximately 18 kilometres away. The victim, Thanathip, was lured to Wat Nong Yai in Na Klua, Banglamung, Chon Buri, under the pretence of a passenger pick-up. Upon arrival, it is claimed that a payment dispute ensued which led to Thanathip being fatally stabbed.

The culprits identified as Wa, and Ice, reportedly loaded the body into Thanathip’s Toyota Yaris, bearing the license plate KH7103 Ubon Ratchathani. They attempted to cover their tracks by setting the body on fire with stolen motorcycle tyres in the Nong Prue area.

by Nattapong Westwood

PHOTO: via EuroNews

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Oh my. Notice the gf's nickname is Ice. Ice is also slang for crystal meth. 

Vey common nickname in Thailand.

RIP Khun Thanatip an awful way to go.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The suspects, believed to be a 22 year old man named Wa and his 16 year old female accomplice, named Ice (pseudonym), fled to Phitsanulok but were eventually apprehended in an apartment complex

16 years old girl caught up in this murder... sheer madness.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe she's the one who stabbed the driver.  Women always get a pass on their bad behavior. 

I wonder if Thai men can "identify" as women and go into a women's prison instead.  Plenty of hotties in jail here, not like the hulking trolls back home.   "Chained Heat 3: Pattaya" with Linda Blair as the warden. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The suspects, believed to be a 22 year old man named Wa and his 16 year old female accomplice, named Ice (pseudonym),

Named ice, I wonder who named her that. All over a fare, this is Thai youth gone mad.

• Agree 1

A good job by the Police in catching Bonnie and Clyde , i wonder how they

identified them as suspects ,I think it was more than dispute over fare ,it

seems it's the car they wanted , driving to Bangkok to sell it.

regards worgeordie 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In Thailand she may get her comeuppance. In countries like France or the UK she wouldn't even get arrested. She would get the pussy pass.

4 hours ago, NextG said:

They didn’t have money for the fare, but they had money to pay for damage to a motorcycle into which the car crashed. 

Guess the victim had some money on him.

19 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Ice in Thai is "Nam Kang," which is not a slang for crystal meth. 

I suspect they use the English word of 'ice'..... English words are common as Thai nicknames.