Thai herbs: Nature’s secret weapon against deadly PM2.5 dust

webfact

4 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I forgot to mention that we have air purifiers in all but the bathrooms of our house too and we use them daily since the pollution levels began to climb.  Had a friend, Canadian, world class almost runner who ran races in Thailand (mostly BKK) for years - upon return to Ottawa, as normal with diplomats, a complete phyiscal is given.  The doctor after all the tests, xrays, etc, he said that all readings were great except my friend needed to give up smoking.  My friend told the doctor that she had never smoked in her life - he then showed her the xrays of her lungs indicating that the color was due to either smoking or local pollutants if she really hadn't taken up smoking.  Made a believer out of me about doctors warnings and about wearing masks.

are you not fighting a futile battle with the masks and filters etc though ? 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, stoner said:

life in paradise eh. 

The school was built like a HS campus in the US with covered walkways between the different classroom buildings, that is why they had to go outside between classes.  

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

Why? N95 masks are excellent at blocking relatively large PM2.5 particles. They even block ~95% of particles the size of tiny visuses like covid.  

Of course, it would be far far better to breath clean air.

why ? 

ummm...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Whilst Bangkokians battle with the silent killer, the potent PM2.5 air pollution,

I thought salt was the silent killer. 🤔

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I realize many in Thailand have an abiding belief in a variety of supposed protective elements including things like wearing amulets...

But when it comes to protecting against PM2.5 fine particle air pollution that can cause health harms because the pollution particles enter directly into the blood stream....

I'd put the OP's herbal recommendations down into the category of hokum pokum nonsense.

If someone really wants to protect against PM2.5, the answer is to keep it out of your lungs and body in the first place by wearing things like N95 respirator face masks and running HEPA air purifiers at home.

Agree. I am also wondering how many of these herbs have been rigorously tested for their effect on liver and kidney function.

Mind you, paracetamol is a very common drug which, in combination with excess alcohol, is very damaging to the liver.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

why ? 

ummm...

why what?

a. why (how) are N95 masks so efficient at removing very small particles?

b. why is it better to breath clean air?

c. why bother...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least these all grow on my yard.  I have heard that you make tea from iron weed.  I notice my horse eating it . Yesterday the smoke was hanging in the air here in Chiayaphum it had to be higher then 160