Thai police to crackdown on overloaded trucks

webfact

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

now MPB officials can actively participate, ensuring a more robust and comprehensive approach

In other words, "mo money, mo money, mo money!" for more officials, to line their pockets....

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) has been empowered to crack down on trucks exceeding legal weight limits.

Is this the same people who charge trucks a monthly subscription to remain over-loaded?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

again? This is about the 4th time in 5 years they promise this. Wonder whatever happened to the special stickers?

Wink wink nod nod

I don´t think you get it. :wink::cheesy: It´s the messages that is the crackdown. Every time they post this, one company get scared and abide the laws. So, now they only have to go on another 99 years with the same message. 

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This of course only applies to the Bangkok Metropolitan Area. Meanwhile up in sugar cane land:

Sugar cane truck.jpg

this is not overloaded it sugar cane not Bricks  not much weight

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

At least it's legal!

And do the sugar cane trucks exceed the permitted load, which for the configuration you have  shown is 50.5 ton?

Edited by Artisi
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And all the 1 ton pick ups with 3 ton springs, loaded to the Gunnels with Durian, Rubber, or Rubber tree wood, will just carry on as normal, with hardly any weight on the front steering wheels. 🙄

So some have rear steering wheels ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, malt25 said:

So some have rear steering wheels ?

Well I knew some pleb would say that, but with all that weight over the back wheels they do "steer" the pick ups every time they go over a big bump.

the thai politicians show no shame. they openly make promises and announce crackdowns, even though they know nothing will change.

it would be great if all politicians will be forced to give a detailed report on their crackdowns every three months and take responsibility for the

lack of results, resigning in case of non-fulfillment ... (also eg. "the every year crackdown on air pollution / illegal burning", etc)

oh, that won't work, because that would likely lead to us having no politicians soon! 

Edited by motdaeng

The joys of journalism in Thailand is that you simply go back through your reports for 10+ years, copy and paste the same story and change the date!

Jeez how many times to I have to read this fantasy

46 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

The joys of journalism in Thailand is that you simply go back through your reports for 10+ years, copy and paste the same story and change the date!

The same is true regarding forum members comments as well.

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well I knew some pleb would say that, but with all that weight over the back wheels they do "steer" the pick ups every time they go over a big bump.

You not BIG into a bit of humour ?

The cynicism/hatred for Thailand is strong in this thread. If I hated the country I chose to live in/visit, I'd find another country and move on with my life.

16 hours ago, mikecha said:

this is not overloaded it sugar cane not Bricks  not much weight

Trucks are way underpowered there is a hill near where i live about 5% max. Those sugar trucks crawl up at about 5mph holding up the rest of the traffic.Not too much weight just not enough power.

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've seen this these trucks pulling away from red lights, 0 to 60kph in half an hour. Or crawling their way up the slightest incline. Sorry, not convinced.

Clapped out old 

21 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

And you will keep reading / hearing it..... 

Edited by Artisi