Netanyahu publicly rejects US push for Palestinian state

CharlieH

43 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Both sides (currently) want the river to the sea. I think we have established that. I'm just trying to explain to you what you seem incapable of understanding. That Israel isn't going to fix this problem without the existence of a Palestine. Focus on that single concept.

So it's all on Israel to fix it then?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So it's all on Israel to fix it then?

"Both" doesn't typically mean "all on Israel".

I didn't suggest it was either side that had to fix it. I just pointed out the reality that it doesn't get fixed without a Palestine. Whether that outcome involves Israel or not is immaterial. It is possible that the world imposes a 2 state solution with a multinational peacekeeping force in Palestine. That seems to be the only reasonably likely possibility given Israel's current intransigence. Other than that, Israel might replace it's government with something less extremist and actually agree to a 2 state solution. I don't see any other possible alternatives short of continued genocide of Palestinians. Something has to give.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Netanyahu is an evil man, I think the most evil person on the planet. Inhumane, inhuman, sadistic. It is difficult to imagine a worse person. I hope he comes to a horrible end.

@retarius

Bad, yes. Evil, I don't know. The worst? Not by a long shot. Putin, Assad, and others probably killed way more. But of course, you're not here to propose any semblance of balance or rationality. You do not even contribute anything to the discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

"Both" doesn't typically mean "all on Israel".

I didn't suggest it was either side that had to fix it. I just pointed out the reality that it doesn't get fixed without a Palestine. Whether that outcome involves Israel or not is immaterial. It is possible that the world imposes a 2 state solution with a multinational peacekeeping force in Palestine. That seems to be the only reasonably likely possibility given Israel's current intransigence. Other than that, Israel might replace it's government with something less extremist and actually agree to a 2 state solution. I don't see any other possible alternatives short of continued genocide of Palestinians. Something has to give.

@ozimoron

Even in this 'balanced' effort, you cannot address Hamas, or the actions required from the Palestinian side. It's all Israel this and Israel that. You're fooling no one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Right. Who knew that you weren't going to go there. I'll draw my own conclusions and put you back on ignore.

@ozimoron

put you back on ignore.

Translation: I'm going back to the cowards' echo-chamber.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet you fail as always to condemn Hamas and forget that no one who is talking about solutions that has them as still being in Gaza along with their terror infrastructure. Apart from Hamas itself that is.

Hamas talking points is all you spew. 

I'm not not sure how many times I need to condemn Hamas. Maybe I need to be like you and keep repeating myself ad nauseum without making a new point?

And on the subject of repeating myself, what constitutes Israeli land and what is Palestinian land? You still pointedly and tellingly refuse to tackle that question. Shameful, really. You come here to accuse me of being a Hamas supporter while displaying the most extreme zionist ideology. You have no credibility on the subject of a Palestinian state.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not not sure how many times I need to condemn Hamas. Maybe I need to be like you and keep repeating myself ad nauseum without making a new point?

Ah so just one post after you said you were putting me on ignore....lol. Hamas also has a habit of lying

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah so just one post after you said you were putting me on ignore....lol. Hamas also has a habit of lying

Yes, I knew you'd slip in a personal attack so I revealed your post to confirm my suspicions.

In a thread about a Palestinian state you haven't used those words once as far as I recall.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas are liars its a fact, you spew Hamas talking points.

Your last chance to redeem some credibility on a Palestinian state. It's a very fundamental and simple to understand question. If you won't respond in good faith to that question I have to ask what you're doing here besides waving the flag and fanning the flames?

What comprises Israeli land and what comprises Palestinian land?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your last chance to redeem some credibility on a Palestinian state. It's a very fundamental and simple to understand question. If you won't respond in good faith to that question I have to ask what you're doing here besides waving the flag?

Correct I wave the flag for Israel, I am not sitting on the fence as you claim to be. I have taken sides. Israel/Hamas its as simple as that to me. Its exactly the same as my stance on Ukraine/Russia. I also accept Ukraine has committed things it should not have done as I do Israel. However the aggressors who started this on Oct 7th were the Hamas terrorists. They need to go, they need to release hostages, until then nothing can be achieved.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, I knew you'd slip in a personal attack so I revealed your post to confirm my suspicions.

In a thread about a Palestinian state you haven't used those words once as far as I recall.

@ozimoron

In a topic discussing a possible future Palestinian State you refuse to address Hamas's position and how it effects things.

Now, I have actually addressed what you go on and on about, more than once. You, on the other hand, have not.

As for your 'ignore' games - pathetic as well.

Edited by Morch
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your last chance to redeem some credibility on a Palestinian state. It's a very fundamental and simple to understand question. If you won't respond in good faith to that question I have to ask what you're doing here besides waving the flag and fanning the flames?

@ozimoron

Redeem? Last chance? Who do you think you are? Who do you fantasize you are?

You don't bother answering other people's questions, and somehow expect yours would be treated seriously.

Pathetic.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, placnx said:

That's why international opprobrium of Israel and what goes with it may eventually lead to justice for the Palestinians, in spite of the gloomy predictions of Israeli media and politicians.

I hope the world repeats the actions it took to end South African apartheid against israel. It's the only hope the Palestinians have for any sort of freedom from israeli oppression. Israel is probably never going to voluntarily give up it's land theft of Palestinian land till it is all israeli's and all Palestinians are refugees.

If sense doesn't finally force israelis to accept being expelled from the West Bank and a Palestinian state without any israeli control at all, likely the conflict will continue indefinitely.

What many on here seem to ignore is that nothing lasts forever, and the israelis will not be able to oppress the Palestinians forever. It only takes a change of government in the US to end the israeli experiment.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

U.K. recognition of an independent state of Palestine, including in the United Nations, “can’t come at the start of the process, but it doesn’t have to be the very end of the process,” said Cameron, a former British prime minister.

“It could be something that we consider as this process, as this advance to a solution, becomes more real,” Cameron said.

“What we need to do is give the Palestinian people a horizon towards a better future, the future of having a state of their own.”

https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-hamas-gaza-statehood-2093457b06f97499abd1891c4831379e

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The United States has imposed sanctions on several Israeli settlers for attacking Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, accusing them of undermining stability and security in Israel and the Palestinian territories.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/1/us-imposes-sanctions-on-four-israeli-settlers-over-west-bank

Meaningless as there are waaaaay more than 4 involved.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

“What we need to do is give the Palestinian people a horizon towards a better future, the future of having a state of their own.”

IMO BS. The west has been giving the Palestinian people a horizon towards a better future, the future of having a state of their own for decades, and it always comes to naught.

Cameron could have done something when he was PM, but did zero, so it's a bit rich when he starts pontificating about it.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO BS. The west has been giving the Palestinian people a horizon towards a better future, the future of having a state of their own for decades, and it always comes to naught.

Cameron could have done something when he was PM, but did zero, so it's a bit rich when he starts pontificating about it.

So, it's too late now?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope the world repeats the actions it took to end South African apartheid against israel. It's the only hope the Palestinians have for any sort of freedom from israeli oppression. Israel is probably never going to voluntarily give up it's land theft of Palestinian land till it is all israeli's and all Palestinians are refugees.

If sense doesn't finally force israelis to accept being expelled from the West Bank and a Palestinian state without any israeli control at all, likely the conflict will continue indefinitely.

What many on here seem to ignore is that nothing lasts forever, and the israelis will not be able to oppress the Palestinians forever. It only takes a change of government in the US to end the israeli experiment.

Your rhetoric is just like Iran and Hamas.

The Israeli experiment?!?

Israel is sovereign nation state. It's not an "experiment" any more than Australia is an experiment.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The truth is coming out about Israel's genocide of Palestinians.

@ozimoron

But, of course, the headline is intentionally misleading. It is not 'Israel' as a whole. If someone dared post something of the sort about Palestinian views, you'd be all over them.

Dishonest. As usual.

• Like 1