Misunderstanding over actual size of lithium deposits found in Thailand

webfact

14 hours ago, Puccini said:

Are heat pumps equipped with hard-to-charge batteries?

There is nothing to stop  them being powered from such a source I expect, perhaps a cool but clear climate would be good for them. Solar panels and batteries works to save the environment, reducing power bills and a non carbon burning source of the electricity. 

14 hours ago, Puccini said:

I read something about that, too, the other day and wondered why that should be so. Does the cold adversely affect the proper functioning of the charging station? Does the cold reduce the charging speed (amperes, kilowatts)?

I know that when it is very cold, the battery gets warmed up first before the charging starts and this obviously increases the overall time to get it charged, but I don't know about the other factors.

Some complicated chemical reaction relating to lithium that is beyond my knowledge and understanding. But it highlights how some negative factors are 'kept quiet'.... in an effort to push the technology and basically sell all these environmental cures for our problems.....if your car can't be recharged in the cold of winter, that is important to know. Are we being persuaded to buy a Betamax VHS!

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

if your car can't be recharged in the cold of winter, that is important to know. Are we being persuaded to buy a Betamax VHS

You have your location as Pattaya so I think you have nothing to worry about. 

12 hours ago, BritScot said:

Also, hot weather mixed with traffic jam's  and I witnessed that one myself all along the hard sholder of the motorway. Ev, after Ev...

@BritScot waiting for you to post some evidence to support your claim that EVs breakdown in hot weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

You have your location as Pattaya so I think you have nothing to worry about. 

I think it is a wider issue than the goings on of Pattaya and myself.

Edited by jacko45k

43 minutes ago, zhounan said:

EV is the biggest scam of human history.

Says the biggest idiot of human history

However, just like @zhounan I haven’t provided any evidence to support my argument

So like @zhounan I am probably incorrect

So I am forced to withdraw my assertion that @zhounan is the biggest idiot of human history due to lack of evidence

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Your misconception mirrored Trump's claim that EV is a hoax. Can't say about you but we know Trump has a low IQ. 

I'm not an American, so I don't give a damn about Trump, but it's clearly your obsession. How on earth do you insert that name into every topic of discussion?

Anyway, blender with wheels makes sense if it's small, for short trips within cities, not 1000+Kg, 400+hp behemoths.

(Leaving aside subjects as electrification of the world, where electricity is produced from, ect.).

If you have driven at least 10 cars in your life you can understand this scam by yourself. No need to "Trust The Expert" and "Follow The Science", just basic five senses.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

@BritScot waiting for you to post some evidence to support your claim that EVs breakdown in hot weather.

I said cold weather. However, hot weather also effects battery range due to the use of aircon and batteries also have an optimal operating tempreture. Do your own research or go back to school. It is the same with solar panels where to much sun and they degrade their output dramatically then you have wind turbines that only work in perfect wind speeds and need a diesel generator everytime they are started (kill birds also, try looking at the base of a wind turbine). Do your own research.....

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Post a picture. You must have taken a picture so that you crow about EVs in hot weather. “EV, after EV” 

Post the picture and prove that you’re not a BS merchant.

I have been driving EVs in Thailand for years and never seen any loss in performance in my EVs.

I am an active member of a number of Thai EV forums and never heard anyone talking about EVs breaking down in the heat. Batteries now have active cooling management in EVs, but you probably didn’t know that.

ICE car engines continue run in traffic jams and overheat but EVs just shut down when not needed, but you probably didn’t know that either.

Again I said cold weather. Then great for you and your blood battery car. Please don't crow. Why would I take photos of broken down EVs? 1st if you do something stupid like that in the UK you rightly loss 3 points on your licence. There is no reasoning with ev zealots as they sit in their own little echo Chambers  attacking anyone who dares to say they are dangerous, ruinous of the environment and use child slave labour at the end of a gun to mine your precious minerals.... I personally would never let any of my family travel in one. But, you crack on...... try doing your own research... 

30 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I said cold weather

We can see what you said. EV haters are so happy to post BS all the time, they think nobody will call them out on it.

IMG_3270.jpeg.a3985f2fc957717bb4b2f82d7982487a.jpeg

You still haven’t posted any evidence of EVs breaking down in hot weather. Mr B.S.