Nikki Haley Sharpens Criticism of Trump in New Hampshire Campaign Finale

Social Media

On 1/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, impulse said:

Vivek actually predicted it.  He claimed that the objective was to eliminate all contenders aside from Trump and their preferred candidate, then double down on the legal attacks against Trump so their preferred candidate would be the one.

I think DeSantis made a mistake here.  If (when?) Trump gets taken out, his voters would be a lot more likely to migrate to DeSantis than to Haley.  So being in 3rd place, down just a couple of points, didn't mean a loss.  And a Trump exit is the only shot any of them (including Vivek) had.

Is DeSantis not allowed to try again in the event of Trump being eliminated? Election's a long way off yet.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is DeSantis not allowed to try again in the event of Trump being eliminated? Election's a long way off yet.

No doubt the Biden Administration will drum up some charger against DeSantis if that happens. 

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, I want Trump to win and take revenge on the Dems. They deserve him to win for their 90+ IMO politically inspired court cases.

BTW is there such a thing as an anti Trump supporter? IMO one can be anti Trump, or a Trump supporter, not both at the same time. Of course one can BE an anti 'Trump supporter', and there are plenty of them on this forum.

There’s a pesky problem with your premise of the 90+ politically inspired cases as you put it,it’s the in your face on tape on paper on recorded conversations the overwhelming evidence before our very eyes problem.he did it period.all stop.lock that bilko artist up he obviously belongs somewhere were he cannot create more damage.also you have an unhealthy interest in the USA politics many of us Americans find y it deeply  offensive personally I find Nicky an acceptable candidate she’s normal she would do an acceptable job,I’m still going to vote democratic because the stench of trump still infects the Republican Party that being said she would be fine 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

In other words you would cut your nose to spite your face.

No idea of the point you are trying to make.

I'd rather have DeSantis than Trump, but if DeSantis is out for good I'll take Trump over Biden. If they resurrected Bernie I'd prefer him as he apparently wants to give Wall St a good kicking.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No idea of the point you are trying to make.

It's a well known saying in the States and I thought most english speaking countries, but i am sure there is a variation of it everywhere. 

it means  a needlessly self-destructive overreaction to a problem.

Edited by sirineou

On 1/23/2024 at 4:57 PM, Danderman123 said:

The first NH voting results are in, from Dixville Notch, Haley swept the precinct, Trump lost

You were saying….some ludicrous comment about Niki Haley.   winning….in NH…?!

FYI, Trump won NH primary, for a record 3rd time.

Winning comes easy and often when you are MAGA / TRUMP.

Trump wins New Hampshire Republican primary, AP projects

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, illisdean said:

You were saying….some ludicrous comment about Niki Haley.   winning….in NH…?!

Winning comes easy and often when you are MAGA / TRUMP.

TRUMPNHPrimary.jpg.0649a302f9461b10980dfd4ac8f0b58c.jpg

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A result like that must give her hope.

yeah all that winning is getting old for trumpers...like losing in 2020, loss of senate, loss of house seats, loss of governor races, lost in 60+ cases trying to claim rigged election,lost in defamation sex assualt case and will be writing some big checks...and soon to  lose in several felony cases if/when the judges shut down all the BS delays and frivolous motions and get on with the jury trials....maybe trump will "win" a nice orange jumpsuit to wear for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

Just because he said it does not make it true, even if he is your deity.

Look it up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

It's a well known saying in the States and I thought most english speaking countries, but i am sure there is a variation of it everywhere. 

Yes, short-nose syndrome. 

I would rather have had DeSantis than Trump, Trump than Christy, Christy than Haylee, but I would rather have any of them than Biden. I'll support whoever wins. 

That said, I think the left's push for Haylee was not because they liked her better, but because I don't see her beating Biden. I think DeSantis would beat Biden, and Trump might, but I don't see Haylee having a chance, unless maybe Trump had a stroke, was dying and endorsed her. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump wins, Haley loses, Good result. Let's hope DeSantis gets back in the race.

https://www.afr.com/world/north-america/haley-vows-to-stay-in-gop-race-even-if-she-loses-new-hampshire-20240124-p5eznp

Concord, New Hampshire | Donald Trump beat outperforming rival Nikki Haley in a tightly run New Hampshire primary election, making the former president the first Republican to clean-sweep the first two state competitions since 1976.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Who would you rather have: Joe Biden, who’s a senile old bag-man, or Donald Trump, who’s a scrapper and loves his country.

I just love that description of Joe. I hope I'm still around to see him boycott Trump's inauguration.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just love that description of Joe. I hope I'm still around to see him boycott Trump's inauguration.

There'll be plenty joining Biden.......Trump needs to get to grips with photoshop if he wants the bigglyest crowds ever

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

I know the saying, but I don't get the point of using it in that context. IMO a vote for anyone not Biden is a vote for sanity.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

They'll be plenty joining Biden.......Trump needs to get to grips with photoshop if he wants the bigglyest crowds ever

It'll be better without the opposition present.

He could have just a tramp with a flea bitten dog and I'd be cheering him from afar.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know the saying, but I don't get the point of using it in that context. IMO a vote for anyone not Biden is a vote for sanity.

That's insane !!:tongue:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, impulse said:

You mean the co-conspirators who were offered leniency in return for a guilty plea and testifying against Trump?

If I had to choose between risking 20 years in prison or pleading guilty and testifying in return for a suspended sentence, I can't say I'd be strong enough to stand for my convictions.

Besides, we haven't heard their testimony yet, have we?  If you look at all the irregularities outlined in the Texas claims of December, 2020 a reasonable person may conclude Trump was actually protecting the democratic process, not stealing it.  But they carefully chose a venue where there probably weren't too many Trump fans on the Grand Jury.

venues are basically chosen depending on where the crimes  were committed.....the judge in florida case seems very trump friendly not to mention florida is a red state ...maybe next time donnie needs to be more careful where he commits his crimes.

Some who were part of the crime were offered deals for guilty plea as is almost always the case when so many involved in crimes.  But many that testified were not charged with anything but went under oath and  told what they saw and heard.  (Cassisdy Hutchins for example)The grand jury looked and listened to evidence and testimony and indicted. 

Presidents have zero authority to investigate much less threaten state officials over a potus election.  STATES control the elections.  Google it.

Just now, sirineou said:

That's insane !!:tongue:

You must be able to overlook all of Biden's myriad bad points if you think he's a good choice for POTUS.

What's insane is that the choice for leader of the free world is likely to be between two old men that should be relaxing in a comfy chair as retirees. Neither would be contending in a sane political system, IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1