Nikki Haley Sharpens Criticism of Trump in New Hampshire Campaign Finale

Social Media

18 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Why does Trump refer to Ms. Haley as "Birdbrain"?

It sounds like something he picked up from Fred Sr. referring to his Mom. A 1950's sort of mysoginistic insult?

It's inappropriate, childish and I do not like it, but it's not misogynistic. It's nonbinary, like nitwit. 

Are you British? People in the US generally do not refer to women as birds. 

On 1/25/2024 at 2:35 PM, impulse said:

That's been the gist of many of the election irregularities.  That the decisions to change balloting rules were made without the required approval of the legislatures, mostly by Dem election officials.  And strangely, mostly in favor of the way more Dems vote than Repubs.  It's almost as if there was a plan...

a plan? like gerrymandering that republicans have become very adapt at shoving through for decades...as for dem election officials how did those red states legislatures manage to let dems change the rules as the republicans are in charge in most of the so called swing states...

.if anyone has a beef re what happened in legislatures we have a judicial branch where they could have filed claims to have it adjudicated....that is the way election voting challenges work...u don't get to just say "people say" and nebulous crap and then try and come up with a fraudulent fake elector scheme and when that and 60 court cases failed send a violent mob to try and stop the vote counting.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2024 at 12:25 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Crikey I provide recent articles and commentary from the New York Times and Bloomberg whilst you signpost some no-name You Tuber who whilst no doubt well-intentioned presents anecdote as fact as well as shilling their clicks through buymeacofee, Patreon and the like.

There's no debate to be had if that's your approach and as far as I'm aware "trust me bro" doesn't cut it in this parish.  I look at the world as it is not as I would like it to be and there is absolutely no point in thinking that Russia is a basket case and will collapse any time soon.

In essence, the West has sanctioned itself and accelerated a pivot of Russia away from the democratic West to the authoritarian GlobalSouth and China - a seismic shift which will shape the emerging darkening world. I wouldn't want to be young growing up in this world.

Another very recent source JP Morgan fresh off the presses. January 24, 2024

https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/outlook/economic-outlook/is-the-world-economy-deglobalizing

Russia: A dramatic example of trade flexibility

Trade with Russia since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine presents a dramatic recent example of trade flexibility. Global manufacturing supply chains have demonstrated such resilience over the last 18 months that they essentially have saved Russia’s economy. Trade flexibility is the primary reason the IMF has dramatically revised up its forecast for Russian GDP since April 2022. Then, the IMF projected a 10.6% drop by 2023 (relative to the 2021 level). Now the IMF sees the Russian economy larger by 0.13%.

To determine the shifts that helped keep Russia’s economy afloat, we performed the same analysis we did to examine reshoring away from China, looking at exports to Russia from 2021 to 2023. As the share of exports from the United States and Europe to Russia collapsed, they were offset by large export share gains by China and (to a lesser extent) India, and countries in Western and Central Asia, including Turkey, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan.

is-the-world-economy-deglobalizing-chart-9-1440x823.jpg

So you've got ad hominem attacks about how youtubers fund their channels.

Turns out Konstantin is incredibly knowledgeable on economics, energy, and Russian modern history and society. He is one of the most respected voices these days about the war from the perspective of what is happening in Russia.

Edited by Jingthing

Information you won't find from mainstream media like Bloomberg.

Inside knowledge about the details of how things really work and don't work in Russia.

Russia is having a very bad winter and the people that would normally fix and maintain the now crumbling and centralized heating infrastructure are either in Ukraine or dead. Oops! 

Edited by Jingthing

On 1/25/2024 at 6:59 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

As to conscription Zelenkiy's previous aide and now critic  Oleksiy Arestovych now resident in the US opines that 50% of Ukrainian men are resisting conscription whereas currently in Russia owing to a variety of factors they are oversubscribed with volunteers. 

You *do* know that Thailand is full of Russian draft dodgers, right?

• Confused 1