COVID-19 hospital admissions increase 12.9% during the past week

webfact

image.jpeg

COVID-19 infections in Thailand are on the rise, with 718 patients being admitted to hospitals between January 14th and20th. Of these, 11 have died, compared to four a week earlier, according to the Department of Disease Control.

An average of 102 admissions were reported each day during the past week, an increase of 12.9%. Of the 718 admissions, 209 were suffering from serious lung infections and 149 required ventilators.

The department said that six of the fatalities were never vaccinated, five others had received two vaccine doses and 45 of the patients who required ventilators have not been vaccinated.

According to the Medical Sciences Department, most of the infections in Thailand are of the COVID JN.1 variant. 

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

6 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Why single out Covid? Flu can do that. I'll tell you why Covid is special: it has its own marketing department.

Add Covid to your regular list of vaccinations if you need to, but there's no need to make a song and dance about it.

Because this is a covid topic, flu topic here:

200,000 doses of flu vaccine to be provided to tourism service providers

https://aseannow.com/topic/1316409-200000-doses-of-flu-vaccine-to-be-provided-to-tourism-service-providers

• Agree 1

I get the impression that they want to push the gullible to get new holy injections.

It would be very interesting, by the way, to know how many doses of the Holy Grail these ladies and gentlemem have injected themselves with.

Edited by zhounan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, zhounan said:

I get the impression that they want to push the gullible to get new holy injections.

How on earth can one get that impression from a news item that has no mention of getting new injections? Isn't it more a preconceived built in reaction of the self obsessed individualists who perceive their own personal rights being tested as others die, whilst at same time suffering vaccine fatigue and social media misinformation?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Conspiracy theorists having a field day again. I wonder if there's a vax for people who can't deal with complexity.

remember the conspiracy theory that said if you got the covid jab it stops the virus from spreading. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

i wonder how many went to the hospital this week with pm2.5 related issues. keeping in mind that pollution kills more thai every year than covid has to date. roughly. 

You wont get an answer to that unfortunately........

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Died of what? Of or with?

This is a classic trope posted by people who don't understand the role of medical examiners.

Tell you what: tell us why you think that someone who is listed as having died from Covid may have died from something else. Then, I will explain to you why you are wrong, and you will learn something.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I have just found out that government hospitals are charging 1000Bt for a covid booster, this covid nonsense will never stop. That just proves my point that the medical profession are using covid as an excuse to line their pockets. 

Why does the medical profession need Covid to line their pockets? There are plenty of other illnesses out there, in fact *everybody* dies, and most medical expenses are generated in the last year  of life.

So why the need for an elaborate Covid conspiracy when everyone dies anyway?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChrisParis75 said:

Why do you rely on... partial data ?

A simple cold can indeed kill a very old individual who has heavy comorbidities...

-what is a "Covid" patient ? Did they perform a PCR test ? Which sensitivity (number of CT) ? Or an antigen test ?

-were they tested as well for regular respiratory pathologies (flu, pneumonia etc.) ?

-how old where the hospitalized ? The patients with ventilators ? And those who died ?

-the "11 death from Covid"... did they have comorbidities ? If yes, which ones ?

Without those key informations... we know nothing... nothing relevant i mean.

As for the "vaccine" issue... funny that nobody react.

-On the 149 patients with ventilators, 104 were "vaccinated".

-On the "11 deaths from Covid", 5 were "vaccinated".

So much for the "protection" given, isn't it ?

But again, without details those data are meaning less...

As the virus has mutated, being vaccinated may not be much protection if the vaccination was a long time ago.

• Haha 1