U.S. Supreme Court Allows Removal of Texas Razor Wire Barrier: A Legal Tug-of-War

Social Media

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

The current "deal" being rejected by the Repubs calls for allowing the first 5,000 illegals a day to cross.  No visa, no vetting, no way of knowing who they are.  That's 1.8 million a year.  To be processed, handed a free cell phone and sent on their merry way.  Ostensibly, on to a free flight to the destination where they need more Dem votes in the future.

Anyone beyond 5,000 a day would have to sneak across the same way they do today.  So, basically no change except spending more money...

Does that sound like something they should agree to?

Link please

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That fountain of truth FOX.

You can disagree all you want with their analysis.  I often do.  But they got the facts right.  If they didn't, please enlighten us.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish, nothing more than some local fences was ever proposed.

Yes fences are not going to get it. This wall must be a serious structure as in high security prison walls.Screenshot_2024-01-24-14-56-54-762_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fe0a2b0cb58a06d3bf111653c8f5a817.jpg

• Haha 1

The Supreme court gave an Order, remember when? Governor Wallace refused to respect either the law or the authority of local officials. For his own personal and political reasons. President Kennedy federalized the Alabama National Guard through Executive Order 11111, legal under the Insurrection Act of 1807. Then, the president directed the National Guard to command Wallace to step aside. Every member of the Texas National Guard swears an oath to “obey the orders of the President…and of the Governor.” 32 U.S.C. §§ 304, 312; see also Perpich, 496 U.S. at 348 (noting various “hats” worn by guardsmen)

Though from this perspective in this case a rogue federal government doesn't give orders to a Sovereign Republic! Now  Arkansas and Oklahoma has joined, soon Louisiana, New Mexico and possibly Arizona. Lines are being drawn and things are getting interesting. Texit?

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Biden is a vile man.

How he has made a career out of it, for the past 50+ yrs is a testament to the stupidity of at least half the voters.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, novacova said:

Governor Abbott is enforcing state constitution which during an invasion makes him commander and chief of Texas

And if you dig a little, I don't think he's defying the Supreme Court.  Their order allows the Feds to cut the razor wire.  I don't think there's anything in it to prevent Texas from installing it faster than they can cut it.

Of course, just before the next Gubernatorial election, some Dem AG or DA will file 91 charges against Abbott to keep him off the ballot... (Yes, there are Dem strongholds in Texas)

It's gonna get interesting.  I'm prouder than ever to be from Texas.  Though the natives won't let me claim to be a Texan because I wasn't born there.  I just got there as soon as I was allowed to make my own decisions.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, impulse said:

And if you dig a little, I don't think he's defying the Supreme Court.  Their order allows the Feds to cut the razor wire.  I don't think there's anything in it to prevent Texas from installing it faster than they can cut it.

Right, it lifted a stay prohibiting the Feds from cutting the wire to gain access to the border. Texas is not defying a Supreme Court ruling. SCOTUS got rid of an injunction that had stopped the federal gov't from “damaging, destroying, or otherwise interfering with Texas’s c-wire fence...” Now feds are not legally blocked from interfering with the fence.

A statement issued by Tx gov…

”The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States. The Executive
Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including
immigration laws on the books right now. President Biden has refused to enforce those laws and has even
violated them. The result is that he has smashed records for illegal immigration.
Despite having been put on notice in a series of letters—one of which I delivered to him by hand—President
Biden has ignored Texas’s demand that he perform his constitutional duties.
• President Biden has violated his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress.
Instead of prosecuting immigrants for the federal crime of illegal entry, President Biden has sent his
lawyers into federal courts to sue Texas for taking action to secure the border.

(more)

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

Edited by stats
shortened per forum fair use quoting policy
  • Love It 1

25 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's gonna get interesting.  I'm prouder than ever to be from Texas.  Though the natives won't let me claim to be a Texan because I wasn't born there.  I just got there as soon as I was allowed to make my own decisions.

My late wife was from Texas, she was a hard@ss Texan through and through. 

What will be interesting is to see how far the US government will go to push their criminality defying the constitutional law of securing the state rights and protecting the borders.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

What will be interesting is to see how far the US government will go to push their criminality defying the constitutional law of securing the state rights and protecting the borders.

Having been a republic before it entered into the USA, Texas reserved a lot of rights for itself that very few (if any) other states have.  And every kid that goes to Texas schools has to take classes in Texas history, in addition to US history.

Obviously, I don't advocate a civil war or secession, but the fact that it's happening in Texas could make it real complicated.

And if it's a race between fence builders and fence cutters, I have an entire neighborhood of retirees that would gladly head on down to build fence for no pay.  And there's probably millions just like them.

• Sad 1

I am a great believer in looking for the upside in all these sort of situations.

This may well result in a lot of redundant, barely used razor wire becoming available in the southern part of the United States.

Imaginatively used, this could simplify the logistics and reduce the costs ( in the event of Mexico and Latin America proving to be reluctant to pay) of setting up the camps which Mr Trump intends to build in the event that he wins the election.

There you are, see, a right little Pollyanna me!

21 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am a great believer in looking for the upside in all these sort of situations.

This may well result in a lot of redundant, barely used razor wire becoming available in the southern part of the United States.

Imaginatively used, this could simplify the logistics and reduce the costs ( in the event of Mexico and Latin America proving to be reluctant to pay) of setting up the camps which Mr Trump intends to build in the event that he wins the election.

There you are, see, a right little Pollyanna me!

No need for camps. Trump isn't going to make the border patrol cut the wire, and no body gets through that stuff if it isn't cut.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, impulse said:

Obviously, I don't advocate a civil war or secession, but the fact that it's happening in Texas could make it real complicated.

Nobody wants a civil war, except for maybe some extremest on either side. Though empirically it appears that the some in the lawless criminal government would like to see it developed and incite to further an agenda. The states will hold firm lawfully according the constitution, the government will continue to encroach incrementally and disseminating false narratives via the msm brainwashing machine that most at this point are completely ignoring anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:55 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

They like a border problem, it’s a handy distraction for MAGA while Republicans get on with the serious business of handing the nation’s wealth to themselves and the already hyper wealthy.

During the 2020 debates joe said he welcomed all migrants, now was the time he said. 

biden creates a problem and then does nothing to correct it. The states are forced to protect their own borders.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/flashback-biden-tells-migrants-to-surge-to-the-border/

"What I would do as president is several more things," Biden said at the first Democratic primary debate for the 2020 election. "I would in fact make sure that there is… We immediately surge to the border, all those people who are seeking asylum."

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

During the 2020 debates joe said he welcomed all migrants, now was the time he said. 

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/flashback-biden-tells-migrants-to-surge-to-the-border/

"What I would do as president is several more things," Biden said at the first Democratic primary debate for the 2020 election. "I would in fact make sure that there is… We immediately surge to the border, all those people who are seeking asylum."

Read what you posted again and point out the bit where Biden said, as is your claim’ that ‘he welcomed all migrants’.

Give it your best shot.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Read what you posted again and point out the bit where Biden said, as is your claim’ that ‘he welcomed all migrants’.

Give it your best shot.

That little clip of biden will be coming out soon I'm sure. You can't defend biden so you deflect.

https://www.newsweek.com/mexicos-president-says-bidens-promise-better-treatment-migrants-causing-border-surge-1578229

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, the left-wing politician whose name is often abbreviated as "AMLO," placed blame for the border crisis on the Biden administration on Tuesday, implying that the president's team has allowed the perception that it's "easier" to cross the border to take root.

Edited by EVENKEEL

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That little clip of biden will be coming out soon I'm sure. You can't defend biden so you deflect.

https://www.newsweek.com/mexicos-president-says-bidens-promise-better-treatment-migrants-causing-border-surge-1578229

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, the left-wing politician whose name is often abbreviated as "AMLO," placed blame for the border crisis on the Biden administration on Tuesday, implying that the president's team has allowed the perception that it's "easier" to cross the border to take root.

So that’s you failing to back up your assertion.

Owned.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So that’s you failing to back up your assertion.

Owned.

Please stop trolling, you can't disprove my claims so you deflect. biden creates a problem and his minions defend him, oh wait.... you're not even a minion. Just a foreigner

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Please stop trolling, you can't disprove my claims so you deflect. biden creates a problem and his minions defend him, oh wait.... you're not even a minion. Just a foreigner

Trolling?

You made a claim, you provided a link and a quote, neither of which backed up your claim.

Forgive me for pointing out your assertion is baseless.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trolling?

You made a claim, you provided a link and a quote, neither of which backed up your claim.

Forgive me for pointing out your assertion is baseless.

bye, bye troll

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:35 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

So who’s blocking Federal funding for border security?

https://www.thirdway.org/blog/republican-efforts-to-defund-border-security

The laws in place are exactly the same as they were when Trump had the border under control.  Not a dime of extra funding is required.  Just an executive order or 3, to enforce the existing laws.  Like the ones that Biden signed to create the mess, in his first few days.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If the Mexican president is saying it it must be true, because we all know that no Mexican  politician ever blame others for the failure of their policies. 

I could not possibly be conditions in Mexico and Central America, but has to be the humane policies of the Biden  administration. 

"Hey Jose  I know things are mucho bien here amigo, but I hear the Americanos are treating us better at the border, what you say we leave our families and home and walk through the desert to go cook and garden for the gringos? "

Edited by sirineou

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

If the Mexican president is saying it it must be true, because we all know that no Mexican  politician ever blame others for the failure of their policies. 

I could not possibly be conditions in Mexico and Central America, but has to be the humane policies of the Biden  administration. 

"Hey Jose  I know things are mucho bien here amigo, but I hear the Americanos are treating us better at the border, what you say we leave our families and home and walk through the desert to go cook and garden for the gringos? "

Why do Americans want to retire in Mexico if so bad? Joe is soft and very weak leader. The weakest in 80 years.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Why do Americans want to retire in Mexico if so bad? Joe is soft and very weak leader. The weakest in 80 years.

What does that have to do with the point I was trying to make? 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:05 PM, novacova said:

What will be interesting is to see how far theUS government will go to push their criminality defying the constitutional law of securing the state rights and protecting the borders.

"US government will go to pu sh their criminality defying the constitutional law of securing the state rights"

I'm sure you meant something by this. Not clear what, though.