Thai police officer kills boyfriend of his friend’s daughter in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

A Sutthisan Police Station officer shot dead the boyfriend of his friend’s daughter outside the victim’s house in Huay Kwang district of Bangkok last night. The officer’s disapproval of the relationship was cited as the motive behind the tragic incident.

The death of the 25 year old Thai man, Thitiwat Auayklang, was reported to Huay Kwang Police Station at 7pm, yesterday, January 24. Officers investigated the scene and discovered his body outside the house in Soi Ratchadaphisek 3. He was wearing a grey jacket and brown trousers and had a gunshot wound to the neck.

The gunman, a police senior sergeant major from Sutthisan Police Station, was waiting to surrender to officers at the scene. The identity of the police officer was not revealed. Thitiwat’s mother identified the police officer as Pae.

The mother told the media that the motive behind the shooting might be the disapproval of the relationship between her son and his girlfriend named Ann. The mother revealed that she lived with her husband and son for approximately two years in their residence before her son invited Ann to live in the household last month.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via PPTV HD

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 8
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

A Sutthisan Police Station officer shot dead the boyfriend of his friend’s daughter

Way out of his jurisdiction....

Even though the victim threw a glass bottle at him and then came at him with a knife?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, retarius said:

I really don't understand all these police shootings outside of their official capacity as law enforcers?

He was approached by the angry victim threatening with a knife after hurling a bottle at him...do you understand that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, retarius said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was approached by the angry victim threatening with a knife after hurling a bottle at him...do you understand that?

Why is he even involved in an issue like this? It is not his business at all... HE SHOULD HAVE BUTTED RIGHT OUT.

That doesn't give the boyfriend the right throw bottles and and angrily approach him brandishing a knife.  If he was asked to intervene by the girl's father, it would have been his business.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That doesn't give the boyfriend the right throw bottles and and angrily approach him brandishing a knife.  If he was asked to intervene by the girl's father, it would have been his business.

Thats what I initially thought... But deleted my above comment suggesting similar becase of this (below - from the linked article).

Surely if the Police Sergeant was helping his friend who was the girls father then that link would have been outlined ??? (with the standards of reporting here, we obviously don't know).

However, no connection between Ann and the man was established. The case remains under investigation.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

You could argue to a degree that the sergeant was defending the father of Ann from a knife attack, although, what appears to be a misaimed head shot, seems a tad extreme.

Was the Father (of Ann) also present at the time ???   

Was the Police Sergeant a 'friend' of the father of Ann ??  is this why he disapproved ?

i.e. The Son was wrong-un... 

Or... is there another reason he 'disapproved' ??  (e.g. he had taken a liking to Ann)

i.e. The son was protecting the girl and this is murder...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Was the Father (of Ann) also present at the time ???   

Was the Police Sergeant a 'friend' of the father of Ann ??  is this why he disapproved ?

i.e. The Son was wrong-un... 

Or... is there another reason he 'disapproved' ??  (e.g. he had taken a liking to Ann)

i.e. The son was protecting the girl and this is murder...

"On the day of the incident, the police officer and another Thai man arrived at the house in a bronze Toyota Altis sedan. They parked outside the house and the driver introduced himself as Ann’s father. He said he wanted to take his daughter home".

Might have been lying of course???

Edited by Will B Good

1 minute ago, NextG said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wasn’t her father…

I know.  The men who were there may have been there at the request of the father, that's what I said.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

"On the day of the incident, the police officer and another Thai man arrived at the house in a bronze Toyota Altis sedan. They parked outside the house and the driver introduced himself as Ann’s father. He said he wanted to take his daughter home".

Might have been lying of course???

Vague reporting...

- The Driver introduced himself as Ann's father.

- The Driver; Ann's father, introduced himself.

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And it certainly does NOT give the policeman the right to draw his gun and kill someone.

Edited by billd766
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know.  The men who were there may have been there at the request of the father, that's what I said.

He introduced himself as her father......he wouldn't lie.....he's a policeman.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Need to read full article. First three paragraphs make it sound like the cop summarily executed the daughter's boyfriend, but there was an altercation immediately before the shooting, allegedly initiated by the boyfriend.

I have but I am still a bit confused.

The article seems to suggest Ann's father was there and his colleague shot the boyfriend when he charged with a knife.

The final paragraph then states that no connection was found between Ann and the man purporting to be her father.  Maybe the father sent some police minions to pick up his daughter ?

Anyway I suppose it will become clearer in due course...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, realfunster said:

The article seems to suggest Ann's father was there and his colleague shot the boyfriend when he charged with a knife.

The final paragraph then states that no connection was found between Ann and the man purporting to be her father.  Maybe the father sent some police minions to pick up his daughter ?

Anyway I suppose it will become clearer in due course...

That is exactly how I read it.

Sounds like the father just brought back up......and he backed him up!!!!

So two guys show up demanding to take his girlfriend away, and his G/F is there with him.  Apparently, neither of them is her father.  Which, of course, she would know.

That would elicit quite the reaction from me, as well.

It also seems that the cop stayed in the car (perhaps not even seen by the guy) until he got out and pulled the gun.

Other than the guy's grieving parents, it's hard to figure out who to feel sorry for.  I do wish the reporting were better.  And the translation, I suspect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

So two guys show up demanding to take his girlfriend away, and his G/F is there with him.  Apparently, neither of them is her father.  Which, of course, she would know.

How do you know none of them is the father of the Girl friend [Ann] - the article is extremely vague about this point.

That would elicit quite the reaction from me, as well.

Understood... but is this what actually happened ?

It also seems that the cop stayed in the car (perhaps not even seen by the guy) until he got out and pulled the gun.

The Thaiger article (linked) states... 

[Abruptly, a police officer seated beside the sedan driver shot Thitiwat in the neck, causing him to collapse].

It seems he was 'ready for a fight'... as if they were doing something as innocent as just picking up the 'daughter' on the way home (if he was with the GF's father) then this would not have escalated with the apparent speed it did.

Other than the guy's grieving parents, it's hard to figure out who to feel sorry for.  I do wish the reporting were better.  And the translation, I suspect.

Completely agree - the laziness is doubled up... Firstly we have the extremely poor reporting with very few facts, then we add an extremely poor translation into English which adds further lack of clarity.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How do you know none of them is the father of the Girl friend [Ann] - the article is extremely vague about this point.

You're right.  It's full of questions.  But I read in the last paragraph..

...investigators questioned six witnesses and scrutinised the individual purporting to be Ann’s father. However, no connection between Ann and the man was established.

So no telling what really happened.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're right.  It's full of questions.  But I read in the last paragraph..

...investigators questioned six witnesses and scrutinised the individual purporting to be Ann’s father. However, no connection between Ann and the man was established.

So no telling what really happened.

Agreed...   did that mean 'no direct connection to Ann' ???...   ingnoring that the Policeman was a friend of Anns father ?... 

We just don't know... 

We don't know if Ann's father was there, or if a Man driving identified himself as Anns father was actually Ann's father or if he was lying.

We don't know if was the Policeman who was driving and he was there alone.... 

The article is so incomplete its an insult to the reader and ultimately highlights a degree of stupidity (unprofessionalism) that it was even published in the first place....    I suppose this is what we get with such lowbrow media sources - we shouldn't have any expectations... 

If Aseannow were to proof read every news article and not re-publish the ones with glaring flaws and numerous holes there would be very little to actually publish... 

... instead...  we just read this regurgitated news and think... yup, full of holes... here we go again... 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That isn’t what you said. ‘They’ would have been the correct descriptor. Even then, he cannot give them permission to do anything. Even if the father was there, he could do nothing unless the girl was underage. 
Would you have handed your woman over to strangers?

Either way, none of us are privy to any details pertaining to their relationship. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1