Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ made the correct decision. It allowed Israel to continue to fight Hamas while making an order it considered should be effective in preventing excessive civilian deaths. Clearly they were wrong in that assessment.

I'm entitled to predict what I think they will do and I have the courage of my convictions. I'm quite willing to accept criticism of my predictions should they prove to be wrong.

You literally just said “it appears the ICJ were wrong” you can’t walk this back ozimoron. Yea when you have nothing else use baseless predictions

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, coolcarer said:

You literally just said “it appears the ICJ were wrong” you can’t walk this back ozimoron. Yea when you have nothing else use baseless predictions

The ICJ were wrong in their assessment that Israel would abide by their order. The decision to allow Israel to continue to fight Hamas was well considered and justifiable under that assumption. They must now reconsider it in the light of continued genocidal acts and non compliance with the orders of Jan 26.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ were wrong in their assessment that Israel would abide by their order. The decision to allow Israel to continue to fight Hamas was well considered and justifiable under that assumption. They must now reconsider it in the light of continued genocidal acts and non compliance with the orders of Jan 26.

You still can’t walk it back what you saud in your post. Try as you may.

Just now, coolcarer said:

You still can’t walk it back what you saud in your post. Try as you may.

I have not tried to walk back anything. You have a wilful comprehension problem fuelled by your desire to continue personal attacks.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I have not tried to walk back anything. You have a wilful comprehension problem fuelled by your desire to continue personal attacks.

Ok, you are not walking it back. The ICJ was wrong according to you. Not only were they wrong you are also predicting they will order a ceasefire. on top of that you are now adding the addition of unsubstantiated allegations of personal attacks. 🤪

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Ok, you are not walking it back. The ICJ was wrong according to you. Not only were they wrong you are also predicting they will order a ceasefire. on top of that you are now adding the addition of unsubstantiated allegations of personal attacks. 🤪

The ICJ was wrong to the extent that they believed that Israel would comply with their order. I think that will come out when they consider Israel's report and South Africa's response to it.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ was wrong to the extent that they believed that Israel would comply with their order. I think that will come out when they consider Israel's report and South Africa's response to it.

5 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

State they were wrong as a fact, then go on to admit you have no idea. Typical.

"Truth is not a left-wing value."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just reading fresh that there's a new leader among the European countries who hate Israel the most,

used to be Ireland but now  it's Norway who's in its leniency towards Hamas and lies in the media, Norwegian Foreign Minister Aida forbade the king to send a letter of condolence to Israel after 7/10. The state expressed support for the lawsuit against Israel in The Hague and refuses to recognise Hamas as a terrorist organisation. A Norwegian "peace activist" was filmed spitting on pictures of abductees, Relations between Israel and Norway are in an unprecedented crisis..

I wonder why? why isn't Norway offers to settle some Palestinians in their country i ask? or they only know

how to hate, blame and spit venom like many others do?..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Just reading fresh that there's a new leader among the European countries who hate Israel the most,

used to be Ireland but now  it's Norway who's in its leniency towards Hamas and lies in the media, Norwegian Foreign Minister Aida forbade the king to send a letter of condolence to Israel after 7/10. The state expressed support for the lawsuit against Israel in The Hague and refuses to recognise Hamas as a terrorist organisation. A Norwegian "peace activist" was filmed spitting on pictures of abductees, Relations between Israel and Norway are in an unprecedented crisis..

I wonder why? why isn't Norway offers to settle some Palestinians in their country i ask? or they only know

Why in God's name should Norway support Israel? 

“There is an instant urge to stand up for people who are being displaced from their homes,” Ella Marie Haetta Isaksen, a Sami activist and artist widely known for her singing, tells Al Jazeera.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2024/2/24/also-forced-from-our-homes-the-norwegian-sami-and-the-palestinian-cause

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Better to help Palestinians stay in THEIR country. You seem not to have a problem with making Palestinians refugees.

Do you know who made them refugees?

Let me remind you. Ironically, Israel's Genocidal actions have brought the Palestinians plight to the World's eye.

Palestinians are refugees due to a combination of historical injustices, forced displacement, ongoing conflict, and the failure of the international community to address their plight effectively. Palestinian refugees continue to endure the hardships of displacement and statelessness, seeking recognition of their rights and aspirations for a dignified and secure future.

Edited by Neeranam

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Settling Palestinian refugees in 3rd party countries is facilitating genocide. It seeks to replicate the plight Jews found themselves in until after the second world war. This is why they are opposed to it, not because they don't want Palestinians.

• Haha 1

Israel's report in on Monday

Israel to notify ICJ of compliance with court orders

The International Court of Justice decided to order Israel to comply with six directives. It was decided by a majority of 15 to 2 that Israel is required to act in accordance with its commitment to prevent genocide and to take all possible steps to prevent mass murder. Israel is required to actively and immediately ensure that the IDF does not commit mass murder by a majority of 15 to 2. Israel is required to take all necessary steps to prevent and punish incitement to mass murder by a majority of 16 to 1.

The justice ministry and the foreign ministry drafted Israel's response document, which will be sent to the court after Netanyahu's approval. The Israeli message is that the Court's orders are being regularly implemented even without their issuance by the court. Israel remains content that the court essentially rejected South Africa's demands against Israel.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sypahcp36#autoplay

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Israel's report in on Monday

Israel to notify ICJ of compliance with court orders

The International Court of Justice decided to order Israel to comply with six directives. It was decided by a majority of 15 to 2 that Israel is required to act in accordance with its commitment to prevent genocide and to take all possible steps to prevent mass murder. Israel is required to actively and immediately ensure that the IDF does not commit mass murder by a majority of 15 to 2. Israel is required to take all necessary steps to prevent and punish incitement to mass murder by a majority of 16 to 1.

The justice ministry and the foreign ministry drafted Israel's response document, which will be sent to the court after Netanyahu's approval. The Israeli message is that the Court's orders are being regularly implemented even without their issuance by the court. Israel remains content that the court essentially rejected South Africa's demands against Israel.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sypahcp36#autoplay

Israel showing utter contempt to the ICJ by sending in the report 3 days late, I hope there will be a consequences on this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel showing utter contempt to the ICJ by sending in the report 3 days late, I hope there will be a consequences on this.

It's exactly one calender month what are you talking about

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

What consequences do you think that there should have been and also what consequences should there be for Hamas not immediately releasing their hostages ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What consequences do you think that there should have been and also what consequences should there be for Hamas not immediately releasing their hostages ?

No idea, not up to me or anybody else, up to the Court, on both counts.

29 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

22 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No idea, not up to me or anybody else, up to the Court, on both counts.

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking your opinion .

You are avoiding answering 

And I've given you an answer.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And I've given you an answer.

LOL.I did meant that you are avoiding answering the question .

Replying that you don't have an opinion on the matter  is NOT answering the question .

You don't want to answer because an answer would sound absurd 

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

LOL.I did meant that you are avoiding answering the question .

Replying that you don't have an opinion on the matter  is NOT answering the question .

You don't want to answer because an answer would sound absurd 

Right then, let me be clear, I want a legal answer on all of the current questions before the ICJ, as they are the World Court.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Right then, let me be clear, I want a legal answer on all of the current questions before the ICJ, as they are the World Court.

I predict that your reply would have been to punish Israel to the extreme for sending their letter three days late to the UCJ and then just to ignore Palestinians completely non complying with the ICJ ruling .

Like, a life time in jail for Israel for submitting the letter late and all charges dismissed for the Palestinians 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I predict that your reply would have been to punish Israel to the extreme for sending their letter three days late to the UCJ and then just to ignore Palestinians completely non complying with the ICJ ruling .

Like, a life time in jail for Israel for submitting the letter late and all charges dismissed for the Palestinians 

Lol, so you're now going full-time Mystic Meg

34 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Lol, so you're now going full-time Mystic Meg

Just going by what I read . 

You want Israel punished for a slight inconsequential delay in sending a report (Like, three days isn't an issue at all) and you don't seem to have stated that you want Hamas punished for not complying at all with the ICJ rulings  , like no Hamas are well over three days late for releasing the hostages 

• Agree 1

No surprise there then, UN is known for its anti-semitism

Opinion: The ICJ’s New Chief Judge Has a History of Bias Against Israel
Nawaf Salam has also been a candidate for Lebanese prime minister twice since joining the bench in 2018.

Later this month Judge Salam will preside over next steps in the separate ICJ case generated by South Africa’s spurious allegations that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza. Both ICJ cases threaten to undermine the ability of Israel, the U.S. and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to defend themselves against terrorism.
Judge Salam finished second in the parliamentary balloting for prime minister in both 2019 and 2022. Hezbollah, an Iranian-sponsored political party and terrorist organization known for assassinating domestic opponents and firing rockets at Israel, has a stranglehold over Lebanese politics. It voted against him both times, although a 2022 article in Beirut’s Al Akhbar newspaper suggested that Hezbollah later floated his name as part of a compromise deal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/icjs-new-chief-judge-has-a-history-of-bias-against-israel-lebanon-hague-96889d53

https://archive.ph/63FBb