Transfer money by Phone app.

It has already been a few months since banks renounced internet payments, unfortunately.
Now, apart from a physical visit to the bank branch, only the option via the phone app exists.
Today I wanted to use that for the first time, I had to transfer an insurance premium from the SCB to Bangkok Bank.
But that didn't go according to plan, after filling in all the details and pressing the 'Done' button, I wanted to take a snapshot of the transaction but then I got a message from the bank saying that is not allowed.
It seems the payment was not made.
My question is, is that normal, are you not allowed to take a picture of the transaction for your own proof of payment?
Who has experience of this?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

7 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Bangkok Bank app automatically saves a copy of the transaction receipt to my gallery after I make a transfer. I also get an email of it as well. What do you mean, renounced internet payments, I can do still do transfers on the ibanking website.

I have the SCB app, again, you have to fill in the details such as account number and beneficiary and the amount you want to transfer, after doing so, press the 'done' button.

Then I made the screen printout but by return get the message that that is not allowed, the money has not been debited when I retrieve the current balance.

6 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Bangkok Bank app automatically saves a copy of the transaction receipt to my gallery after I make a transfer. I also get an email of it as well. What do you mean, renounced internet payments, I can do still do transfers on the ibanking website.

So does Krungsri and BAAC. I don't quite understand what the O/P means by 'take a snapshot'. Do you mean a screenshot O/P?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I have the SCB app, again, you have to fill in the details such as account number and beneficiary and the amount you want to transfer, after doing so, press the 'done' button.

Then I made the screen printout but by return get the message that that is not allowed, the money has not been debited when I retrieve the current balance.

It sounds like the bank app has a security measure to not allow manual screenshots via the phone to stop other dodgy apps installed on your phone from capturing sensitive information. Many of those apps ask for all sorts of unnecessary permissions.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1

Just now, Moonlover said:

So does Krungsri and BAAC. I don't quite understand what the O/P means by 'take a snapshot'. Do you mean a screenshot O/P?

Yes with my iphone a screenshot, to be clear press the left and right button on the phone to make a current shot of the screen.

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

It sounds like the bank app has a security measure to not allow screenshots via the phone to stop other dodgy apps installed on your phone from capturing sensitive information. Many of those apps ask for all sorts of unnecessary permissions.

Possibly, but it is ridiculous, I can make a printout with another telephone too.

IF the amount is more then 49,999 baht - SCB will not permit the transfer unless you are registered with NDID.

(facial recognition) - Unfortunately, SCB system doesn't allow facial recognition system for foreigners. 

So.. The first question is - is the amount more than 49,999 baht ???

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

IF the amount is more then 49,999 baht - SCB will not permit the transfer unless you are registered with NDID.

(facial recognition) - Unfortunately, SCB system doesn't allow facial recognition system for foreigners. 

No below 20K

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Possibly, but it is ridiculous, I can make a printout with another telephone too.

yeah, but another phone using its camera to take a picture will have limited access to the phone with the banking app open, plus the user will have to be actively doing that, vs something running in the background recording the screen and sending button presses on the compromised phone 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

But that didn't go according to plan, after filling in all the details and pressing the 'Done' button, I wanted to take a snapshot of the transaction but then I got a message from the bank saying that is not allowed.

As others have pointed out - a Manual Snapshot is not permitted... 

But, after the transaction is executed a pop-up message will appear asking if you want to save the receipt (usually asking if you want to save the receipt to the camera roll)... you have to execute the transaction first. 

But, if that doesn't work, you can still go back to the transaction afterwards and get a transaction receipt - so its nothing to worry about.

Additionally, with SCB (if your e-mail address is also registered with them), you'll also get a email notification of the log in and the transaction.

Edited by richard_smith237

12 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:
  14 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

13 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Yes with my iphone a screenshot, to be clear press the left and right button on the phone to make a current shot of the screen.

In that case the bank app probably blocked it because you were trying to take an image of a transaction before it had been completed. If you have confirmed that the transaction has not been completed, simply try again and follow the procedure. Once completed, you will. as already stated have a transaction slip saved on your phone. It's easy peasy, I've done hundreds of them.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

It is not ridiculous, now the bank has done what they could do within the APP security wise and they are not responsible for the screen capture through a different phone. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I have the SCB app

As do I, like other banking apps, on completion of a successful transfer it generates a transaction record that is saved to your phone, it also gives you the option to share that receipt.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Confused. Currently I have limits which include 500,000 baht to other SCB Account and 2,000,000 baht for bill payment. I can change the limits easily and quickly on SCB App and from memory most recent max transfer using APP has been about 400,000 baht. 

Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

I wanted to take a snapshot of the transaction but then I got a message from the bank saying that is not allowed.
It seems the payment was not made.

Yes screenshots are blocked.

But completely unrelated to payment done or not.

You have internet banking and can not find out whether a payment was made??

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

It has already been a few months since banks renounced internet payments, unfortunately.

"banks" ?? Again confusing. SCB has closed website banking (from PC).

Other banks still offer.

If that is what you mean?

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

As do I, like other banking apps, on completion of a successful transfer it generates a transaction record that is saved to your phone, it also gives you the option to share that receipt.

Yes. Looks like this:

SCB_receipt.jpg

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

"banks" ?? Again confusing. SCB has closed website banking (from PC).

Other banks still offer.

If that is what you mean?

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that, I was under the impression that almost all banks had removed their website for transactions...I chose the wrong bank again after all.