Allegations of UN Agency Staff Involvement in Hamas Attacks Prompt U.S. Funding Pause

17 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Social Media: Do you check the things you post? UNRWA does not produce the textbooks, the PA does. I actually read the report from Impact's website:

https://www.impact-se.org/wp-content/uploads/Review-of-2022-UNRWA-Produced-School-Materials.pdf

What exactly does that have to do with the fact that UNRWA was still teaching that curriculum?

• Thumbs Up 1

Furthermore, throwing around terms like 'jihadi educational materials' shows a lack of knowledge. There is a reason people in the UK are allowed to shout out Jihad when on protests. I think most fair minded people understand the Palestinians have been struggling against their oppressors and occupiers for 56 years (some would argue 75 years).

These are just facts. Palestinians are allowed to resist - they are allowed to defend themselves and they are allowed to teach their history. Trying to whitewash Israel in textbooks (that are NOT produced by UNRWA) is never going to happen. They can literally see the soldiers all the time in the West Bank (and now Gaza). People often say 'they shouldn't be throwing stones' at Israeli soldiers - without thinking to themselves "what are Israeli soldiers doing in Palestinian lands?"

If Israel stopped occupying their lands (I'm not talking about the original formation, I'm talking about the events that led to occupation in 1967) - which is one of the 26 UN resolutions Israel ignores, they might be less inclined to hate Israel, might not feel the need to resist, and would not need to struggle against their oppressors. 

https://news.sky.com/story/what-does-jihad-mean-and-why-wasnt-a-pro-palestine-protester-arrested-for-chanting-the-word-12991026

What does jihad mean?

Nick Aldworth, former counterterrorism national co-ordinator, said: "That word has had an affiliation to terrorists, but actually has an enormous amount of legitimacy in the Islamic faith."

Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, an imam in Leicester, said the word in Arabic means to "struggle" or to "strive" and has two strands.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Furthermore, throwing around terms like 'jihadi educational materials' shows a lack of knowledge. There is a reason people in the UK are allowed to shout out Jihad when on protests. I think most fair minded people understand the Palestinians have been struggling against their oppressors and occupiers for 56 years (some would argue 75 years).

These are just facts. Palestinians are allowed to resist - they are allowed to defend themselves and they are allowed to teach their history. Trying to whitewash Israel in textbooks (that are NOT produced by UNRWA) is never going to happen. They can literally see the soldiers all the time in the West Bank (and now Gaza). People often say 'they shouldn't be throwing stones' at Israeli soldiers - without thinking to themselves "what are Israeli soldiers doing in Palestinian lands?"

If Israel stopped occupying their lands (I'm not talking about the original formation, I'm talking about the events that led to occupation in 1967) - which is one of the 26 UN resolutions Israel ignores, they might be less inclined to hate Israel, might not feel the need to resist, and would not need to struggle against their oppressors. 

https://news.sky.com/story/what-does-jihad-mean-and-why-wasnt-a-pro-palestine-protester-arrested-for-chanting-the-word-12991026

@Brickleberry

As usual, deflections whenever the topic doesn't fit your agenda - then it's the derailing attempts, the off topic efforts and so on. This topic is about UNRWA. There is nothing in UNRWA's charter or mission statement about 'resistance', 'Jihad', and so on.

You keep ignoring Hamas's agenda, actions, Charter - as if they have no bearing on the false argument you try to hammer regardless of topic.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

As usual, deflections whenever the topic doesn't fit your agenda - then it's the derailing attempts, the off topic efforts and so on. This topic is about UNRWA. There is nothing in UNRWA's charter or mission statement about 'resistance', 'Jihad', and so on.

You keep ignoring Hamas's agenda, actions, Charter - as if they have no bearing on the false argument you try to hammer regardless of topic.

Did you not read what I was responding to? No deflections. On topic. Sort it out.

This is why you are on ignore. You have reading comprehension issues.

Screenshot(51).png.c43039aa1cfc5a28562373250cf4c8dd.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you not read what I was responding to? No deflections. On topic. Sort it out.

This is why you are on ignore. You have reading comprehension issues.

Screenshot(51).png.c43039aa1cfc5a28562373250cf4c8dd.png

@Brickleberry

You reply to my posts and claim that I'm on 'ignore', then say I've got comprehension issues. Oh dear....

Addressing every side issue but the main dish is deflecting.

The topic is about allegations made vs. UNRWA, governments acting in response.

You want to discuss anything but.

So yes, deflecting.

Just now, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

You reply to my posts and claim that I'm on 'ignore', then say I've got comprehension issues. Oh dear....

Addressing every side issue but the main dish is deflecting.

The topic is about allegations made vs. UNRWA, governments acting in response.

You want to discuss anything but.

So yes, deflecting.

What are you smoking? I really would love some. Replying to the latest article that has been posted and pointing out its inaccuracies is deflecting? Wow. You have some nerve!

Do you not realize that this whole topic is a deflection away from the very important issues of Israel plausibly committing genocide against the Palestinian people?

Do you not realize that schools have not been open since October 7th and this whole topic about curriculum in schools is moot?

This is something that can be dealt with at the end of the conflict. Schools are not open. Children are not being taught anything. Sort. It. Out.

Feeding the starving children, getting them medicine and anesthetic, clothes, shelter from bombing. This is what we should be talking about, this is the main mission of UNRWA.

Instead of using typical Dershowitz smear + deflect tactics, you should engage in the discussion at hand. In your posts, all you did was attack me. You did not address any of the issues raised. Talk about people living in glass houses... jeez.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

What are you smoking? I really would love some. Replying to the latest article that has been posted and pointing out its inaccuracies is deflecting? Wow. You have some nerve!

Do you not realize that this whole topic is a deflection away from the very important issues of Israel plausibly committing genocide against the Palestinian people?

Do you not realize that schools have not been open since October 7th and this whole topic about curriculum in schools is moot?

This is something that can be dealt with at the end of the conflict. Schools are not open. Children are not being taught anything. Sort. It. Out.

Feeding the starving children, getting them medicine and anesthetic, clothes, shelter from bombing. This is what we should be talking about, this is the main mission of UNRWA.

Instead of using typical Dershowitz smear + deflect tactics, you should engage in the discussion at hand. In your posts, all you did was attack me. You did not address any of the issues raised. Talk about people living in glass houses... jeez.

Argue with IMPACT-se CEO Marcus Sheff

He probably knows a little more than you an anonymous forum member. Just a hunch

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Argue with IMPACT-se CEO Marcus Sheff

He probably knows a little more than you an anonymous forum member. Just a hunch.

Right... because it is completely above board, and isn't a self interest group led by Israelis, set up in Israel, for the sole purpose of discrediting UNRWA?

Check your sources of information. Anyone can find a biased source that will support their agenda - especially if you form one yourself!

Screenshot (52).png

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Right... because it is completely above board, and isn't a self interest group led by Israelis, set up in Israel, for the sole purpose of discrediting UNRWA?

Check your sources of information. Anyone can find a biased source that will support their agenda - especially if you form one yourself!

Screenshot (52).png

What have you against Israelis? Why does that make it not credible to you. Have you checked the facts, they are all there.

This from 

European Union lawmakers criticize UNRWA chief over Palestinian textbooks

The chair of the E.U. Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee, MEP David McAllister, called UNRWA’s failure to address hate education an “endless saga” and demanded “sustainable improvements.”

(September 4, 2022 / JNS)
Members of the European Union’s Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee criticized United Nations Relief and Works Agency Commissioner General Philippe Lazzarini last week over the content of textbooks used by UNRWA schools.

https://www.jns.org/eu-foreign-affairs-committee-heavily-criticizes-unrwa-chief-over-palestinian-textbooks/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

So bottom line, all this 'ignore' bit is a farce. Can't trust you guys for more than a couple of days. Sad.

The topic is about allegations leveled at UNRWA, and governments taking action. You deny the first and object to the latter. Instead of addressing the issue directly, you go and on about anything but.

For example, you pick on an side-issue (like whether UNRWA or the PA writes the content of textbooks) that's not really central to the matters discussed. But since you're desperate for a deflection, you'll blow it out of proportion and try to make it into some major thing. It is not.

Now you go a step further and calling a whole topic a deflection. Well done.

Schools not being open has nothing to do with the topic - which is about UNRWA workers involvement in the Hamas attack. The textbook thing is just a side-issue which may demonstrate long term existing issues with UNRWA.

I am engaging in the discussion at hand, which is not titled 'whatever-brickberry-decides-is-the-topic'.

Your 'issues' are not what the topic are about.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Screenshot (52).png

@Brickleberry

And that's after whining about smears.

How about you address the fact that multiple governments do not share your views, and find the evidence reliable?

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Really, just 12 bad apples, run that by us again.....................

Lets add to that another 1,200 who are actual members of Hamas or Islamic Jihad.

UNRWA has been sharing the full list of it's staff to Israeli authorities for years. How is it that they just woke up now with a 10% figure? They could have acted way before. So, could it be that this is precisely meant to derail the global media's attention after the ICJ Gaza genocide ruling?

"have links" means nothing at all. Israel claims that 1% of those 1200 were involved in killings and kidnappings, so what did the other 99% do? Probably having the wrong phone number in your phone's address book counts as "being linked to a haven of radical ideology".

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

UNRWA has been sharing the full list of it's staff to Israeli authorities for years. How is it that they just woke up now with a 10% figure? They could have acted way before. So, could it be that this is precisely meant to derail the global media's attention after the ICJ Gaza genocide ruling?

"have links" means nothing at all. Israel claims that 1% of those 1200 were involved in killings and kidnappings, so what did the other 99% do? Probably having the wrong phone number in your phone's address book counts as "being linked to a haven of radical ideology".

So, could it be that this is precisely meant to derail the global media's attention after the ICJ Gaza genocide ruling?

Oh look, the conspiracy theory has commenced. Media attention on what, there's nothing else to report on the judgement for another month. The viral attention has already gone.

As for your "have links".  Being members of Hamas or Islamic Jihad terrorists is certainly a link.

So all these countries are in on deflecting the ICJ......oh dear

image.png.c3cc109cb1c42e4265c9aa95e6611e7d.png

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1752822060877816021

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

You have no access to the full report.

Governments do.

A bunch of them decided the information shared is credible and reliable enough to merit a drastic move.

You insist on ignoring this.

Do you think that they are all taken for a ride? That they are clueless? That Israel controls them?

How do you explain these governments moving this decisively and in such a short span of time?

None of your deflections begins to address that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

You have no access to the full report.

Governments do.

A bunch of them decided the information shared is credible and reliable enough to merit a drastic move.

You insist on ignoring this.

Do you think that they are all taken for a ride? That they are clueless? That Israel controls them?

How do you explain these governments moving this decisively and in such a short span of time?

None of your deflections begins to address that.

Because I'm not an idiot. I read Israeli news reports, see their members in Knesset telling us exactly why they want UNRWA disbanded, and I automatically throw out ANY evidence that has been gained through torture. Perhaps these are the poor souls that were found in mass graves in Northern Gaza - Israeli victims of torture and death. Buried with their hands tied behind their backs. Are you really going to believe a country that does that to people?

I find it highly suspicious that they have known about each and every worker in UNRWA for years, but only now complain that 1,200 were members of Hamas/PIJ. Come on man, are you seriously gonna believe that?

Like you believe the rape stories without any credible evidence - the one 'lone witness' to the festival rape report has been absolutely demolished - changing her story and no evidence of the bodies she claimed. No witnesses have come forward for ANY alleged rapes. No evidence has been collected from any corpses. The video footage does not show ANY evidence of rape.

Did you also believe the stories about 40 beheaded babies? Pregnant women having their babies cut out of them? Dead babies hanging on a clothes line? All of these stories have been found to be false. Can't wait for the evidence to prove this one is bogus as well.

This is stupid to talk about anyway. Gaza is desperate for aid. UNRWA is the only one that can facilitate that aid. What is the world gonna do? Leave them to starve, get infected, and die? If so, then the world is complicit in Israel's genocide.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Because I'm not an idiot. I read Israeli news reports, see their members in Knesset telling us exactly why they want UNRWA disbanded, and I automatically throw out ANY evidence that has been gained through torture. Perhaps these are the poor souls that were found in mass graves in Northern Gaza - Israeli victims of torture and death. Buried with their hands tied behind their backs. Are you really going to believe a country that does that to people?

I find it highly suspicious that they have known about each and every worker in UNRWA for years, but only now complain that 1,200 were members of Hamas/PIJ. Come on man, are you seriously gonna believe that?

Like you believe the rape stories without any credible evidence - the one 'lone witness' to the festival rape report has been absolutely demolished - changing her story and no evidence of the bodies she claimed. No witnesses have come forward for ANY alleged rapes. No evidence has been collected from any corpses. The video footage does not show ANY evidence of rape.

Did you also believe the stories about 40 beheaded babies? Pregnant women having their babies cut out of them? Dead babies hanging on a clothes line? All of these stories have been found to be false. Can't wait for the evidence to prove this one is bogus as well.

This is stupid to talk about anyway. Gaza is desperate for aid. UNRWA is the only one that can facilitate that aid. What is the world gonna do? Leave them to starve, get infected, and die? If so, then the world is complicit in Israel's genocide.

A way off topic  video on unfounded accusations of war crimes from AJ who have employed Hamas terrorists themselves, oh the irony

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A way off topic  video on unfounded accusations of war crimes from AJ who have employed Hamas terrorists themselves, oh the irony

Why are we even talking about de funding this organization, the only aid agency that can deliver aid to the people:

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 1

Why are we even talking about de funding this organization, the only aid agency that can deliver aid to the people:

Its the topic for a reason that you try to ignore

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its the topic for a reason that you try to ignore

Let them do whatever they want with UNRWA after the this all ends. Investigate everything fully, transparently, and by independent agencies and journalists. Knee jerkily withdrawing funding at this critical stage is just monstrous. Tens of thousands will die of starvation and disease.

Dismiss my other posts and my views entirely. Feel free to completely disagree with all of my opinions, as I do yours. But now ask yourself this:

Do you really think this is what the world should be doing right now. Withholding aid from those who need it the most, and will die without it?

These people need help, and they need it now. Is it the moral thing to deny them life?

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 2

Let them do whatever they want with UNRWA after the this all ends. Investigate everything fully, transparently, and by independent agencies and journalists. Knee jerkily withdrawing funding at this critical stage is just monstrous. Tens of thousands will die of starvation and disease.

Dismiss my other posts and my views entirely. Feel free to completely disagree with all of my opinions, as I do yours. But now ask yourself this:

Do you really think this is what the world should be doing right now. Withholding aid from those who need it the most, and will die without it?

These people need help, and they need it now. Is it the moral thing to deny them life?

Your not going to like this, must be more conspiracy theories this time from the EU?

EU, one of largest UNRWA donors, suspends funding after Oct. 7 links allegations

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia urges investigation to produce fact-based evidence as the humanitarian situation in Gaza continues to deteriorate

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1706529926-eu-one-of-largest-unrwa-donors-suspends-funding-after-oct-7-links-allegations

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your not going to like this, must be more conspiracy theories this time from the EU?

EU, one of largest UNRWA donors, suspends funding after Oct. 7 links allegations

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia urges investigation to produce fact-based evidence as the humanitarian situation in Gaza continues to deteriorate

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1706529926-eu-one-of-largest-unrwa-donors-suspends-funding-after-oct-7-links-allegations

Do you really think this is what the world should be doing right now. Is it really the most pressing issue, to withhold aid from those who need it the most, and will die without it?

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

Do you really think this is what the world should be doing right now. Is it really the most pressing issue, 

Yes

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

withholding aid from those who need it the most, and will die without it?

Check the links and read what dates the next financial aid budgets were due. Nobody is going to die but from some one who makes up conspiracy theories its impossible to believe anything you say. For someone who denies there is no evidence of rape is nothing but a Hamas apologist.

Let them get that investigation sorted, send them an email, tell them your extremely anxious.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes

Check the links and read what dates the next financial aid budgets were due. Nobody is going to die but from some one who makes up conspiracy theories its impossible to believe anything you say. For someone who denies there is no evidence of rape is nothing but a Hamas apologist.

Let them get that investigation sorted, send them an email, tell them your extremely anxious.

Wow. Only an Israeli or a far right/Zionist Jew would be so biased to believe that withholding aid is the most important issue right now. Can it not be dealt with after the conflict?

Dismiss me as a conspiracy theorist? Then trust CNN & the UN. Budget is almost depleted, they will run out within days, if not already... Did you not look into this yourself?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/29/middleeast/unrwa-funding-israel-war-mime-intl/index.html

The UN has warned that current funding is insufficient and that UNRWA may run out of funds by February.

"Let them starve and die from disease and famine". This is essentially what you are saying.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Did you also believe the stories about 40 beheaded babies?

You have mentioned that numerous times and it has been explained to you numerous times .

I was just wondering :

Can you not understand what people write (in reply)  ?

Are you ignoring then , do you have then on ignore ?

Do you forget what they say and have to ask regularly ?

Or are you deliberately using that story to make out that Oct 7 th terror attack was exaggerated and it wasn't really too bad ? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

You don't have to talk about it.

You can try and peddle Hamas talking points on one of the other topics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. Only an Israeli or a far right/Zionist Jew would be so biased to believe that withholding aid is the most important issue right now. Can it not be dealt with after the conflict?

Dismiss me as a conspiracy theorist? Then trust CNN & the UN. Budget is almost depleted, they will run out within days, if not already... Did you not look into this yourself?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/29/middleeast/unrwa-funding-israel-war-mime-intl/index.html

"Let them starve and die from disease and famine". This is essentially what you are saying.

Nope, I was born in London and supposed to be Christian but never really attended churches unless I had to. Wedding etc.

Can you link to where exactly it says food will runout in days? Only it must be in other areas aside from Rafah, from the 30th Jan. I wonder if the IDF stop at one of the kebab takeaways for a spot of lunch inbetween killing a few Hamas?

• Like 1