Cannabis culture in Thailand: A new high in lifestyle

webfact

6 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes it has been part of Thai culture for centuries and legal or not legal people will continue

to use it.

All the doom sayers who made predictions about the total collapse of society have been proved wrong.

Of course there should be some rules about the use of it.

Like the Beatles said :"Let it be".

Or Get Back

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In recent years, Thailand has emerged as a significant destination for tourists with a keen interest in the cannabis culture.

I don't believe that for a minute.  People all over the world smoke weed in their home countries whether its illegal or not.  In many countries where it is illegal, the cops are not interested - they have other fish to fry.  I can't imagine anyone I know wanting to visit Thailand simply to have a joint or two when they're already doing that every day at home.

Then there's the question of quality.  Since everyone's jumped on the bandwagon, the only stuff I've seen is total rubbish - especially compared to what's easily available in Europe for example.  Granted the Thai price is far cheaper but much of it is still junk.

It must also be considered that strictly speaking, only medicinal use is legal in Thailand.  How long before the BIB realise the opportunities there and start tapping up all the guys on Beach Road happily puffing away?

"Doctor's note?" "No officer".........."500 baht!"

Beats the hell out of stopping Thai motorbikes and fining the riders 50 baht for not wearing a helmet.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

I wonder whether they will bring in the recrimilisation bill considering how many businesses opened as a result of decriminalisation. Doesn't it qualify top of the list of soft power attractions? You know, the old lure and skewer game so popular here? Where's Nepobabe when you need her?

They wouldn't give a $hit about sending a few high street shops or small level farms to the wall,  Things will be totally different for the likes of Anutin or any other high rankers who have probably  invested  a considerable amount they won't losing anything

• Like 1

It is, and has always been a "medicinal herb" just because the Yanks made it illegal in 1935, mainly to screw with the main users by far, "Black Jazz Musicians" . Then they made "Refer Madness", (listed it as like Schedule one = Heroin etc) and other mega propaganda, and then "forced" other countries to follow.  

The Great Satan strikes again, war mongering Yanks as usual, like a World Cancer really ; (

IH

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Datsun 1200 said:

It is, and has always been a "medicinal herb" just because the Yanks made it illegal in 1935, mainly to screw with the main users by far, "Black Jazz Musicians" . Then they made "Refer Madness", (listed it as like Schedule one = Heroin etc) and other mega propaganda, and then "forced" other countries to follow.  

The Great Satan strikes again, war mongering Yanks as usual, like a World Cancer really ; (

IH

Wrong there. Canada was the first to criminalise it in 1923. Your anti US bs has got the better of you. Check it out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

Seems South America is the best bet for carefree cannibal raisin uptake. Asia the worst.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:39 AM, bradiston said:

I wonder whether they will bring in the recrimilisation bill considering how many businesses opened as a result of decriminalisation. Doesn't it qualify top of the list of soft power attractions? You know, the old lure and skewer game so popular here? Where's Nepobabe when you need her?

Does this article mean that tourists don't need a medical to buy ganja,considering that it's supposed to be legal for medical use only??

Bit of a fluffy puff piece!

People don’t come here for weed, but it adds to the experience of a laidback Thailand.

Only a sham government run by ancient dinosaurs with their own poxy agenda would want to disrupt that. 

• Thumbs Up 1