Anyone use a cordless hedge trimmer?

Thinking of changing from my corded model but wondering how powerful the battery models are. Lazada has many different brands, most I've never heard of, and it's hard to get any indication of power, some quote watts, others voltage.

I never used a hedge trimmer. But over the last years I bought many battery powered Bosch power tools including a big Bosch Hammer (the kind which allows to drill big holes in concrete), angle grinder, circular saw.

They are all very powerful and the battery lasts long enough that it is not annoying that I have to charge it all the time.

I can't imagine I would still buy any tools without battery. Only good experience.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Thinking of changing from my corded model but wondering how powerful the battery models are. Lazada has many different brands, most I've never heard of, and it's hard to get any indication of power, some quote watts, others voltage.

Buy one with 2 batteries the Chinese ones only last a couple of years then will not charge and spares are expensive

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never used a hedge trimmer. But over the last years I bought many battery powered Bosch power tools...

Use to have the 18V interchangeable batteries hedge  strimmer in the UK. Easy 1.5 hours plus usage.

You can't fault German engineering, as they say, Vorsprung durch Teknik, Progress through Technology.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RayWright said:

Use to have the 18V interchangeable batteries hedge  strimmer in the UK. Easy 1.5 hours plus usage.

You can't fault German engineering, as they say, Vorsprung durch Teknik, Progress through Technology.

Yes. But to be fair, some Japanese and even American companies have also some good battery powered tools.

Almost as good as Bosch. 😉 

48 minutes ago, UWEB said:

What happens with the Black and Decker you recently have bought?

That was a lawn edger/weed whacker. Works great, but no good for hedge.

Edited by giddyup

More than 10 years ago I bought a battery hedge trimmer from Lidl. It came with 2 batteries. One fully charged battery could cut 75 metres of hedge varying from 15 to 2 metres high and was still running well. I cut my hedge 3 times a year and occasionly lent it to a neighbour for his hedge.After 3 years the batteries were still good but the blades had to be resharpened.