From brooms to boom: Street sweeper sweeps up 12-million-baht lottery jackpot

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A street sweeper’s life transformed overnight when luck smiled upon her with a 12-million-baht government lottery win

Excellent news, I hope they use it wisely.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Now she is going to have so many new friends , just hope the family

can handle their good luck in a sensible matter , many times winners

go crazy and blow the lot ,back to where they started or worse off.

regards worgeordie

I remember years ago when the UK lottery started, one of the first big winner was a lady Called "Richardson" I think... 

she went on a spree an blew the lot.. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I remember years ago when the UK lottery started, one of the first big winner was a lady Called "Richardson" I think... 

she went on a spree an blew the lot.. 

I think you may mean football pool with famous quote " I'm going to spend spend  spend "

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vivian "Viv" Nicholson (née Asprey; 3 April 1936 – 11 April 2015) was a British woman who became famous when she told the media that she would "spend, spend, spend" after her husband Keith won £152,319 (equivalent to £3,600,000 in 2021) on the football pools in 1961.[1] Nicholson became the subject of tabloid news stories for many years because of the couple's subsequent rapid spending of their fortune and her later chaotic life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

I think you may mean football pool with famous quote " I'm going to spend spend  spend "

Sorry I may be wrong I am pre dating lottery we had littlewoods and vernons? 8 draws on football for big prize 

7 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

And you had to be quiet at 1645 while your Dad checked the results.

Yes pre sky TV all matches kicked off at 3pm and each half was 45 minutes no way would you see 45+ 😀 😄 8 for goal scored 

Good on her, let's hope that she spends the money wisely, and let's hope that she does not give in to pleas from many friends and relatives who are no doubt going to approach her, now that this has gone public. 

Imagine how amazing it would be if you could win a major lottery prize, without anyone knowing? You could then be as generous as you pleased, for all the right reasons. 

1 hour ago, Dave0206 said:

You are correct, and in fact I stuffed her name up as well... it was Viv Nicholson

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

James Alexander Gordon Read out the scores and with the modulation of his voice with home score given you knew what he was going to say for away team 

Always hoping that one of the scores would be Forfar 4 East Fife 5 as he would never get his tongue around that one!

• Like 1

The first thing to do: Pack up and leave the Sisakhet town they are in. They will be hounded with sob stories and requests for loans every time they step outside the house. If they refuse they will be utterly despised, if they agree it will never, ever end.