Papaya

What cultivar / kind are they? I had the same issue years ago and was told that that particular sort of papaya was ripe when big and green (similar to the ones in your photo). They are ideal for making papaya salad. 

If, on the other hand, it's the sweet fruit you're after, you might have the wrong sort. 

No papaya expert, just passing on my experience for what it's worth. 

6 minutes ago, djayz said:

What cultivar / kind are they? I had the same issue years ago and was told that that particular sort of papaya was ripe when big and green (similar to the ones in your photo). They are ideal for making papaya salad. 

If, on the other hand, it's the sweet fruit you're after, you might have the wrong sort. 

No papaya expert, just passing on my experience for what it's worth. 

All Holland papaya

You have just got to wait for them to ripen, nothing to do with verity, Holland or Kek-Dum ,the two most popular verity's, they are others , they will ripen quicker in the hot season, than during the rainy/cool season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Appropriate water management is a major factor.

Adequate and balanced mineral nutrients can be a factor. Large fruits require a lot of Potassium (among other nutrients) for the growth and ripening process. When I write a soil-test-based Rx for amendments with the cation balancing method, for K-hungry crops especially durian, papaya, bananas, citrus, I bump up the potash amendment to 5% of the BCSR instead of the normal 4%. (See the book The Ideal Soil by Michael Astera, or The Intelligent Gardener, Steve Solomon).  One of the best organic program compatible K sources is naturally mined Potassium sulfate 0-0-50, or Langbeinite (Sul-Po-Mag) 0-0-22.  Avoid Potassium chloride 0-0-60, as it is extremely harsh and detrimental for the beneficial soil biology.

As far as how much to apply, I wouldn't go out and dump a lot of K2SO4 on your soil, it should be a measured amount in relation to other nutrients. Without a soil analysis, the Langbeinite would be the safest.  Best Garden State in Nakhon Pathom and on FB may carry it. And they do soil testing with a much better method than local labs and universities in my opinion. 

https://downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/single-ingredients/langbeinite-0-0-22/

Langbeinite

Trees & Shrubs:
Spread ½ -1 lb per 1″ of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well. 

Potassium sulfate

Without Soil Analysis (recommended rates for general use):
For foliar and spray applications, mix ½ – 1 tsp per gallon of water. Apply with even coverage directly to plant leaves. For soil drench applications, mix 1-2 Tbsp per gallon of water.

• Thanks 1

Adequate Calcium is also an important element to consider, in balance with other cations. 

Do a pH or "fizz-test" .  If your soil is alkaline then don't use lime. gypsum (calcium sulfate) is okay, but the problem is that what is sold as gypsum in Thailand is usually Calcium oxide, quicklime.  There are other sources of Ca. 

August 29, 2014 by Permakulturnik

The importance of Calcium for health and proper functioning of the plant

Calcium is one of the elements, which are essential for plants. They need it in very large quantities – in Good soil, giving the highest value of fruits and vegetables, calcium is more than all the other necessary elements combined plants. It performs many functions in the plant (Calcium functions):

§  Regulates the absorption of other minerals by plants

§  It stimulates the correct elongation of plant cells

§  Strengthens the structure of the cell wall, which are responsible for the proper form and shape of plants

§  Participates in the process of enzymatic and hormonal

§  It helps to protect plants from heat stress

§  Protects the plant by diseases – many fungi and bacteria secretes enzymes, that attack the cell walls of plants. Strong and rich in calcium, cell walls are better able to resist the invasion of pathogens

§  Affects the quality of the fruit

§  It is needed for the proper functioning of stomata

Can be briefly summarized as: “without lime there is nothing”!

LIME - More Than an Agent to Change Soil pH.pdf