Jomtien 90 day

champers

Last time I did my 90 day at Jomtien; October last year; it was passport only and in and out in 10 minutes. I have been out of country once since then so my 90 day report is now due next week. 

Is it still passport only or are other documents now needed?

NB: I have tried the online service but it is not accepting my attempts.

Many thanks in advance for helpful replies.

Just walked past and looked in the immigration Jomtien, the place is packed to the rafters, people queuing outside, but the 90-day reporting has its own section at the front clearly marked

Edited by Seppius
spelling
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, champers said:

Last time I did my 90 day at Jomtien; October last year; it was passport only and in and out in 10 minutes. I have been out of country once since then so my 90 day report is now due next week. 

Since you are the most recent, could you please report back on what you were required to bring in person?  Also would be nice to report if managed to fix your online issue. 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Use an agent, around ฿100 plus usually.

Yes it`s the plus that is the worrying part for non-agent users...

If you use an agent and pay through the nose for your extension then you get the 90 day reporting for 100 baht.....otherwise no.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, champers said:

If you have been out of the country you will have to do a new TM 30 also......

they love complications at Jomtien....

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

If you use an agent and pay through the nose for your extension then you get the 90 day reporting for 100 baht.....otherwise no.

Judging by the number of foreigners in the bank yesterday with agents the use of them is on in the increase, maybe all the chaos at Jomtien is the reason people are using agents or Jomtien are driving people towards agents to increase their ‘revenue’ ?

22 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Judging by the number of foreigners in the bank yesterday with agents the use of them is on in the increase, maybe all the chaos at Jomtien is the reason people are using agents or Jomtien are driving people towards agents to increase their ‘revenue’ ?

Definitely the latter.

When I last did my 90 days, the IO noticed my extension renewal is due soon, asked if I had the money in the bank. When I said yes, my passport was thrown back to me as obvious I wouldn't need an agent.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Definitely the latter.

When I last did my 90 days, the IO noticed my extension renewal is due soon, asked if I had the money in the bank. When I said yes, my passport was thrown back to me as obvious I wouldn't need an agent.

I used an agent for my 90 day reporting, ฿100, so much easier, dropped my passport of on Monday, collected it yesterday lunch time.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:10 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

Jomtien are driving people towards agents to increase their ‘revenue’ ?

Oh, you KNOW what our answer will be. The ANF Agent Breast Feeders Anonymous uses that as one of their excuses.

In fact, as a friend and I were discussing, Pattaya has a remarkable number of tourists still around. Should be decreasing soon.

Edited by BigStar

On 2/6/2024 at 11:47 AM, petermik said:

I use an agent but I don't pay through the nose, the price is quite reasonable for the service provided. Perhaps you need to shop around and find a new agent.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:50 AM, petermik said:

If you have been out of the country you will have to do a new TM 30 also......

they love complications at Jomtien....

My TM30 is sorted.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I use an agent but I don't pay through the nose, the price is quite reasonable for the service provided. Perhaps you need to shop around and find a new agent.

Dont use an agent...my renewal costs me 1900 baht + 200 baht for the bank letter :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Dont use an agent...my renewal costs me 1900 baht + 200 baht for the bank letter :thumbsup:

And the officer waives the seasoning requirements for that price? Wow, that IS cheap, can I have their contact details?

• Confused 1

Everyone to their own, renewal is nearly a day out of my life on the diminishing days I have left on the planet,if I can make life easier and stress free I don’t  mind paying for it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Definitely the latter.

I have the money in the bank and have been using an agent too for the last 3 times.... so many people in there when I am due to renew at years end. They want folks to use agents for sure. 

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I would never give my passport to a third party just to save a 10 minute wait, Plenty reports of them losing passports.

Many reports of it taking longer lately, takes longer than 10 minutes to get there..... and they insist on Tm30 receipt. Leaving it with an agent, leaving it with immigration.... probably both a risk.

Anybody with sense should do it on-line.

Edited by jacko45k

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Many reports of it taking longer lately, takes longer than 10 minutes to get there..... and they insist on Tm30 receipt. Leaving it with an agent, leaving it with immigration.... probably both a risk.

Matter of choice, online, agent, do it yourself what ever is the most convenient, 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Matter of choice, online, agent, do it yourself what ever is the most convenient, 

That would be on-line. Although the post I replied to directly had concerns wrt leaving his passport with a 3rd party. On-line that is not needed.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 1:16 PM, champers said:

Best you take 1600 baht with you for the tm30 fine. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

When it works it is......

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What IO is that ?

Jomtien....10 years of self renewals, I am 10 minutes away by bike and I have plenty of time on my hands,plus I,m 100% legal and can show my bank book at anytime that I comply with the rules....not to mention the savings I have made over the years.... :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Everyone to their own, renewal is nearly a day out of my life on the diminishing days I have left on the planet,if I can make life easier and stress free I don’t  mind paying for it.

Up to you :thumbsup:

Jomtien....10 years of self renewals, I am 10 minutes away by bike and I have plenty of time on my hands,plus I,m 100% legal and can show my bank book at anytime that I comply with the rules....not to mention the savings I have made over the years.... :thumbsup:

Not everyone lives 10 minutes away and has a bike, if they stopped people using agents they would have to triple the size of the office and employ many more staff not to mention the increase in waiting time. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1