Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Are you an attention seeker, do you think anybody is interested in your off topic nonsense who you have on ignore!

And it just means that we can reply to him and he cant reply to us and it makes no difference to me at all 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

And it just means that we can reply to him and he cant reply to us and it makes no difference to me at all 

All the more amusing/pathetic when they do reply....

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you think that likely you really are anti Zionist. Your right but I oppose that.

Zionism was/is a cult. The people involved, since the late 1800s (when this all started), were/are not religious; at least not in the true sense. If a Jew is not religious that he is not a Jew. Not in my book. Could a Christian who don't believe be a Christian? Of course not! Same thing.

Talking about thousands of years of Jewish history in simply 'humbug'. The area that is now being fought over - in fact the whole area that is oil-rich - was once lush forests. People then, were not Jews or Christians or anything else. They probably were more like the original Nth Americans. They believed in what they saw; day to day.

Antisemitism is a nonsense IMO. What actually does it refer to? How can it be defined? The true Semites are the Palestinians. Only a handful of Israelis come from the area. Remember that after WW11, the gangs that terrorised the area clearing people off their land, were anti-English, and some were prepared to aline themselves to all sorts. Remember also, that these Zionist terrorists were later to be the leaders of Israel's military and government.

You can't tell me that the driver of the Gaza debacle (BN) is religious. There won't be a welcome for him at the gates of heaven for sure. More like down below for that psychopath..

IMO, the last American pres', to put his country before Israel, was JFK. Recall what happen to him? The current leaders are simply paid off or compromised. They cannot be seen to go against Israel, or the Israel lobby. That's how powerful this cult is. They have infiltrated everything that has influence. Hollywood, MSM, Tech etc.

The ultimate goal of the Zionists is the complete take over of Palestine; without any non-Jews being there. And - US, Germany and UK permitting - will broaden their horizons.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In reality unless someone is a radical believer in a world with no borders nationalism is a double edged sword. It often is toxic but it also is often a positive force for the advancement of people in all the various nations. Nationalism wont end regardless. It's naively utopian to think it could.

I think it makes sense to acknowledge nationalism as a manifestation of human nature and try to promote the positive aspects of that and oppose the toxic parts.

My bona fides go back a long way. When I was 19 I sat for a state federal public service entrance exam (came 3rd) and there was an essay question which was "Discuss the philosophy of boundaries". I wrote then in favour of no national borders and one world democratic government. Nationalism is founded on racism. They may invoke religion but it's really racism which is the root problem. 

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

I do not think much of the criticism is against jews, but rather Israeli foreign policy, and the Gaza genocide. I am an American jew, and I am highly critical of the disproportionate nature of this response, and the thousands of women and children who are being slaughtered by the IDF. But, I have been critical of Israeli policy for decades now, and it does not make me popular amongst many of my jewish friends. I tend to keep my mouth shut around them. Most of the time.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Zionism was/is a cult. The people involved, since the late 1800s (when this all started), were/are not religious; at least not in the true sense. If a Jew is not religious that he is not a Jew. Not in my book. Could a Christian who don't believe be a Christian? Of course not! Same thing.

Talking about thousands of years of Jewish history in simply 'humbug'. The area that is now being fought over - in fact the whole area that is oil-rich - was once lush forests. People then, were not Jews or Christians or anything else. They probably were more like the original Nth Americans. They believed in what they saw; day to day.

Antisemitism is a nonsense IMO. What actually does it refer to? How can it be defined? The true Semites are the Palestinians. Only a handful of Israelis come from the area. Remember that after WW11, the gangs that terrorised the area clearing people off their land, were anti-English, and some were prepared to aline themselves to all sorts. Remember also, that these Zionist terrorists were later to be the leaders of Israel's military and government.

You can't tell me that the driver of the Gaza debacle (BN) is religious. There won't be a welcome for him at the gates of heaven for sure. More like down below for that psychopath..

IMO, the last American pres', to put his country before Israel, was JFK. Recall what happen to him? The current leaders are simply paid off or compromised. They cannot be seen to go against Israel, or the Israel lobby. That's how powerful this cult is. They have infiltrated everything that has influence. Hollywood, MSM, Tech etc.

The ultimate goal of the Zionists is the complete take over of Palestine; without any non-Jews being there. And - US, Germany and UK permitting - will broaden their horizons.

You don't decide who's a Jew. Jewish religion actually goes against your 'book' on this.

The rest of your 'historical' narrative is full of false facts, inaccuracies and fantasies. Lush forests? A whole lot of it is arid.

Antisemitism is nonsense? As in nothing to see here? Move along? That old bit about 'semites' was done to death on these topics. Nobody actually refers to anyone but Jews when using it. May want to read up on where the term came from.

You seem to have no idea about Arab violence during the British Mandate time, or maybe you're just ignoring it.

You conspiracy theories (which you cannot and will not support) about 'paid off' or 'compromised' are just the handy tool when you got nothing. Same for you 'infiltrated' rhetoric.

Zionists signed peace agreements with neighboring Arab countries, and do nothing much about the 20% strong Arab minority within Israel.

You are what you say is 'nonsense' - an antisemite.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My bona fides go back a long way. When I was 19 I sat for a state federal public service entrance exam (came 3rd) and there was an essay question which was "Discuss the philosophy of boundaries". I wrote then in favour of no national borders and one world democratic government. Nationalism is founded on racism. They may invoke religion but it's really racism which is the root problem. 

@ozimoron

More pointless 'stories'. Tell the one about the sea-cadets. That was fun.

5 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

People eventually tire of other people constantly claiming they are victims on slim or antiquated evidence.  

Slim or 'antiquated evidence, how?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What part of "all" doesn't include Palestinian nationalist movements like Hamas?

@ozimoron

Oh, I'm not on 'ignore' then? Hard to trust you guys....

I was not referring to the hollow blanket statement you issued.

But to your posts on related topics.

You do not express much issues with Palestinian nationalism. Just Israel, again.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Seem to me that much of the current sentiment relates to netanyahu's personal attitudes and his lack of any respect for all others / for humanity.

He's a monster.

His spoken desires to totally obliterate Palestine is to me very worrying and shows his lack of any balance.

He did actually say that the war is against   Hamas and not the Palestinian civilians , he intends to obliterate Hamas and not Palestinians 

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

You are what you say is 'nonsense' - an antisemite.

True; I'm not a supporter of Israel, its leaders, policies or its present massacre of mostly women and children Gazsaians.

But as far as religion goes; I don't like or dis-like Jews any more than I do Christians. They all have their bad parts. Some have done good stuff.

I'm not at all happy with the western countries that have allowed Israel to gradually grow into the monster it is. But, I reckon the end is in sight for the whole Zionist cults; whatever religion they hide behind. Bitten off more than they can chew.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

. Only a handful of Israelis come from the area.

Do you know the figure ?

How many Israelis come from the Middle East ?

How many USA citizens come from America .

Some Europeans went to Israel to live and some Europeans went to the USA to live .

Do you have American Indian heritage ?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you know the figure ?

Some Europeans went to Israel to live and some Europeans went to the USA to live .

In the last 1,000 years until 1900, near zero.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Most of your posts on related topics exhibit a clear bias. You usually save the fiery rhetoric and over the top comments for one of the sides, not both.

And the reason for that is that one of the sides has all the weapons and the money and the support from the USA.

The other side can't do much. And if they do something then it is often low tech like suicide bombers. And that is obviously condemned by the western world. I am sure they would instead use fighter jets if they would have them. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

there was no such war on 6/10

Correct, there was "just" the Israeli occupation and suppression of Palestinians for a couple of decades. But that is obviously not really important for people like you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

That's just you being disingenuous, again.

People die in wars. All the time. All over the world.

It's not the same as intentionally targeting civilians.

There was nothing said about 'coincidence' other than by you.

Again deflecting when you fail to support your comments.

We can make this short:

Do you see anything wrong about the Israeli war in Gaza?

If yes, please let us know.

Because for me it seems you think Israel is doing a great job. Just a couple of dead animals, Who cares? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you know the figure ?

Original roots in the Middle East! According to Chris Hedges - and others - reckon it's well below 10%. Most Israelis have their roots in Europe, although a few come from the US.

The English, Spanish and others went across the Atlantic to take over the Americas. Mascaraing the locals as they went. Old habits die hard.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Correct, there was "just" the Israeli occupation and suppression of Palestinians for a couple of decades. But that is obviously not really important for people like you. 

Look, Palestinians want the whole land as a Palestinian  state under Sharia law , they want an Iran like Country .

Palestinians want Israel to be gone and replaced by an Islamic state , they don't want to make friends and all live happily ever after

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My preference would be for a single secular nation (banning religious leaders from elections) with proportional representation and a parliament and electorates decided on population numbers with gerrymandering banned.

Failing that, the total arable land and water resources should be divided proportionate to the population including living refugees and their descendants.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Original roots in the Middle East! According to Chris Hedges - and others reckon it's well below 10%. Most Israelis have their roots in Europe, although a few come from the US.

Its about 50 %

About 50 % of Israeli Jews have a Middle East heritage , coming from Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Turkey , Morocco , Afghanistan etc 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There could be something subliminal  going on there .

A person with an agenda against Jews , has the same viewpoint as far right neo Nazis , wears a t=shirty with a photo of Adolf Hitler on it, because he doesn't like Adolf Hitler .

Could be something Freudian going on there 

Either that, or your paranoia is kicking in.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its about 50 %

About 50 % of Israeli Jews have a Middle East heritage , coming from Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Turkey , Morocco , Afghanistan etc 

Being able to trace one's DNA to the region does confer an entitlement to live there but not at the expense of the denizens of that region. And especially not when the "heritage" hasn't been endemic to the region in a couple of millennia. If that standard was applied to me I could be a citizen of half the western world.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Either that, or your paranoia is kicking in.

Well I wouldn't wear a T=Shirt with a picture on of someone whom I didn't like on it and its rather suspicious that  Jew disliker  wears a Adolf Hitler T=Shirt 

58 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Seem to me that much of the current sentiment relates to netanyahu's personal attitudes and his lack of any respect for all others / for humanity.

He's a monster.

His spoken desires to totally obliterate Palestine is to me very worrying and shows his lack of any balance.

Further, to me, he well fits the type that claim (with some truth) that Jewish folks have been very badly treated in Europe etc., but at the same time he wants to hit others with the same treatment.

In the current conflict his attitude to killing children and totally and deliberately destroying health care and destroying access to food, medicines, aid., etc. is  very disturbing. 

I see him more as an opportunist, invested above all else in himself and his political survival, hanging to power - than as someone who strongly believes in any ideology. Sure, he's right-wing and all that, but he's not actually into the hardcore stuff. Not that he cares or likes the Palestinians, but I don't think he actually hates them. That's something more associated with his coalition partners. Being politically weak and dependent on them, he goes along with or does not resist them. In a way, that's evil as well - but not quite the active 'monster' some portray. All things considered, he's probably more a danger to Israel than to the Palestinians.