Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

25 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

How many actually OWN their homes free and clear, how many are paying sharply increased mortgages (due to the Fed raising interest rates) and how many are renting and getting hit with bit increases?

Average mortgage payment is close to $3000 a month according to Yahoo Finance- 20% more than just a year ago. Rent is up nearly 30% during the Biden years. 

As said how people feel about their wealth depends on their specific circumstances.

Aside from housing in general when the stock market goes up the significant percentage of Americans who have retirement accounts do FEEL richer and even tend to spend more even without touching those accounts.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As said how people feel about their wealth depends on their specific circumstances.

Aside from housing they in general with the stock market goes up the significant percentage of Americans who have retirement accounts do FEEL richer even tend to spend more even without touching those accounts.

Ah yes, the house owning, IRA contributing average American. How many people do you think that is?

Compared with the number who have seen the cost of a dozen eggs double. Or gasoline increase by 40%.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah yes, the house owning, IRA contributing average American. How many people do you think that is?

Compared with the number who have seen the cost of a dozen eggs double. Or gasoline increase by 40%.

I can't cite stats but there are definitely plenty of Americans who already own homes with decent mortgage rates and booming retirement accounts. People that own free and clear are of course older.

I'm not saying it's one way or the other.

It DEPENDS on specific situations and that would be the same with any president.

Economic change happens and there are always winners and losers.

Politicians are tasked with surfing those changes to try to get elected.

16 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

How many actually OWN their homes free and clear, how many are paying sharply increased mortgages (due to the Fed raising interest rates) and how many are renting and getting hit with bit increases?

Average mortgage payment is close to $3000 a month according to Yahoo Finance- 20% more than just a year ago. Rent is up nearly 30% during the Biden years. 

I don't know, and apparently neither do you.  However it's safe to assume that the majority bought their homes more than four years ago and therefore ahead of the interest rate increases.  That means they are paying off home that have greatly increased in value with low interest loans.

Of course it's useless to debate with a "glass half empty" person.  If home values had fallen you would think that a crisis and if interest rates fell you'd complain about the effect on retirement plans.  The market always benefits some more than others, but a growing economy, which the county has now, creates more winners than losers.

BTW:  The re-alignment of the housing market that saw the increases in value was driven by the work place changes brought about by Covid.  Why aren't the people who hold Trump blameless for the consequences of Covid doing the same for Biden?

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Aside from housing they in general with the stock market goes up the significant percentage of Americans who have retirement accounts do FEEL richer even tend to spend more even without touching those accounts.

Count me as one of those.  I have a manageable level of credit card debt that I could pay off by cashing in some of my IRA that is tied to the S&P500.  However with the market going up the way it is I'm in not hurry to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The DJA is not the stock market.  The cracks are slowly appearing.  Not all sectors are doing well.  The one day decline in NYCB of 40% is just one example of troubling times on the horizon.  The Chinese markets have seen nearly a $3 trillion devaluation in the past two years.  Much of the money is coming back home to be parked in U.S. securities and some in U.S. markets.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hawaiian said:

The DJA is not the stock market.  The cracks are slowly appearing.  Not all sectors are doing well.  The one day decline in NYCB of 40% is just one example of troubling times on the horizon.  The Chinese markets have seen nearly a $3 trillion devaluation in the past two years.  Much of the money is coming back home to be parked in U.S. securities and some in U.S. markets.

Sure again depends on the individual how they are invested if they're invested. Duh. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You're living in the past:  https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/APU0000708111

Also, do you hold Biden responsible for the cull of chickens caused by bird flu?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Did anyone state that every stock is going up in value?

Are we now concerned about the Chinese stock market?

Just now, Hawaiian said:

Manageable credit card debt!  That explains your misconceptions about finance and how the markets work.

First, I don't think your reply was applied to the correct post.

Second, are you disputing that such a thing as manageable credit card debt exists? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

An opinion piece about data is not the same as data.

How about FBI data?

All you are saying now is the official data doesn't back you up.

That was just the usual MAGA m.o. When facts contradict their claims, they make up a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

First, I don't think your reply was applied to the correct post.

Second, are you disputing that such a thing as manageable credit card debt exists? 

Deflection.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, mikebike said:

I'm pretty sure the only book 45 has read cover to cover is not the bible... I'm pretty sure he hasn't even read Art of the Deal... Just sprew out verbal crap is his game. 

I am pretty sure he cant read, full stop

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Never mind Trump.  Why is he stopping you from contributing?

Contribute to what and why?

If you think the border is a crisis, why aren't you contributing something?

• Confused 1