Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

Just now, heybruce said:

And yet you posted about people needing to eat and trivialized diabetes.

Food inflation is relevant to politics. You posted some random comment about obesity. Thanks for the laughs.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The far right have a deep seated belief that they just fill out mail in ballots and send them off and they are counted.

No, illegal immigrants aren’t allowed to directly vote for the commander-in-chief yet, but in vast numbers they can dramatically alter the Electoral College to favor Democrats for at least a decade because a state’s electoral votes are based on the number of people residing within that state, not the number of citizens present when the Decennial Census is taken.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/440136-if-you-dont-think-illegal-immigrants-are-voting-for-president-think-again/

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Seem you not in touch. Immigration is what the regular people talk about. Clear to see the reason when inflation has dropped to 3.4% in Dec after peaking at 9.1% in June '22. By the way, the bipartisan immigration bill is held up by Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4422273-immigration-overtakes-inflation-top-voter-concern-poll/

It didn't drop, it went up from 3.2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

For goodness sake!

You have gone off on a weird tangent, totally unconnected with the exchange of comments between myself and @EVENKEEL.

How many times do I have to say it, that exchange had absolutely nothing to do with US domestic food inflation. Nothing at all.

Why don't you go back and read the exchange, and see what a fool you are making of yourself. You are like my silly dog, Mr Pom, digging holes all over the garden looking for a bone he is sure he has buried, but actually never had!

Now as for my view of Biden, I think he is by far the best of a very poor choice, but that is my opinion as an observer rather than as a supporter - after all I don't have a vote.

Why I am an observer? The USA has constructed itself a niche as the only real economic, monetary and military power. From that niche it projects power globally, and it's various efforts to that end impact worldwide. That is why US politics is of interest to (dare I say reasonably intelligent and informed) observers such as myself.

Nice rant, nothing to do with me. I'm talking about inflation. You are talking about who knows what. Dogs and gardens. I won't say what I really think.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/440136-if-you-dont-think-illegal-immigrants-are-voting-for-president-think-again/

Democrats are using illegal immigration to alter the balance of power in the Electoral College from rural, Republican-leaning states to those that are predominately blue and in some cases purple. A quick glance at the 20 metro areas with the largest number of illegal aliens confirms this.

Edited by uttradit
  • Confused 3
  • Love It 1

33 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What is the cost of this invasion?  More healthy working age people looking for jobs and a better life?  A stronger economy?  More people working and paying taxes to support social security and medicare for the retirees complaining about immigration?

The working age population of US born citizens is declining.  We need immigrants.  Ideally Congress would massively reform immigration law and allow many more in legally, and increase funding for the courts to process and expel those that enter the country illegally.  However Congress is more interested in scoring political points than solving problems.

And you think this uncontrolled mass invasion will solve problems? 

I think rather the opposite.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Really?  How will more workers during a time of low unemployment make the economy worse?

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

These Democrat guys have no solutions. They just hate Trump. Look at how they argue. Not one of them knew what the statistics were on inflation or how illegals can influence elections. Not one.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If the US didn't need illegal immigrants there wouldn't be illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants are the new slaves. Well, since wetback times and well before then as well.

So narrow.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Really?  How will more workers during a time of low unemployment make the economy worse?

If you could broaden your vision, you might realize that I was not necessarily talking about the economy.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

And what does all this say about the democratic party. The lefties on this forum are laughable. For years and years nothing but the walls are closing in on Trump. Every msm outlet were using that phrase constantly "the wall are closing in". And yet here is Trump running for a second term. Oh, Trump will destroy our democracy (insert tears)

Me personally I don't want Trump or biden. But, I'll take any GOP candidate over biden any day.

Hear, hear!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1