TM30 for IT Square or Sam Yan

Anyone been to either recently and wIll they ask for a TM30 for a tourist extension at IT square or Sam Yam? I'm not registered in BKK and I know they don't at Chaeng Wattana but don't want to go there.

At IT Square Laksi, it's hit and miss. They could ask you for your TM30 notification receipt, especially if an address outside of Bangkok is in their system. Sometimes you won't even get past the initial document check without it.

No idea why you think you can use the Sam Yan office. Aren't you in Thailand visa exempt? If so, IT Square Laksi is the only immigration office in Bangkok you can use.

To be clear. You also don't have a choice between Chaeng Watthana and IT Square Laksi. If you've entered visa exempt, you need to go to IT Square Laksi. If you've entered with a tourist visa, you need to go to Chaeng Watthana.

Edited by Caldera

11 minutes ago, Caldera said:

No idea why you think you can use the Sam Yan office. Aren't you in Thailand visa exempt? If so, IT Square Laksi is the only immigration office in Bangkok you can use.

Exactly.

OP, needs to attend IT mall LakSi.

You also correctly point out that it's the Doc Check Chicks that may send him off to obtain TM30.

OP, imo you will need a TM30. 

Ask your hotel for screenshot of them filing a TM30.

If they cannot then check into another hotel that will provide that. 

OP, the newish Red line can take you to Laksi

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

At IT Square Laksi, it's hit and miss. They could ask you for your TM30 notification receipt, especially if an address outside of Bangkok is in their system. Sometimes you won't even get past the initial document check without it.

To be clear. You also don't have a choice between Chaeng Watthana and IT Square Laksi. If you've entered visa exempt, you need to go to IT Square Laksi. If you've entered with a tourist visa, you need to go to Chaeng Watthana.

Thanks, haven't been there since covid for good reason.

• Confused 1

I just went there to extend last week, and they didnt want to see my tm30. The document checking staff didnt want to see it, even if I showed it to them. The same thing happened in the IO office, she just gave it back to me. I dont know what to make of this, especially since they were really giving some people a hard time about TM30 right next to me.

My address is in Wutthakat and i stay in a normal condo. So I dont know whats going on. You may or may not be asked for a TM30 is my answer OP. But I dont know why some are asked and some are not.

14 hours ago, raz0r21 said:

I just went there to extend last week, and they didnt want to see my tm30. The document checking staff didnt want to see it, even if I showed it to them. The same thing happened in the IO office, she just gave it back to me. I dont know what to make of this, especially since they were really giving some people a hard time about TM30 right next to me.

My address is in Wutthakat and i stay in a normal condo. So I dont know whats going on. You may or may not be asked for a TM30 is my answer OP. But I dont know why some are asked and some are not.

I went and even asked about a TM30, it's not required in BKK and from my 13 years experince it's never been required nor have i ever done one .... Just a myth the "visa experts" like to bang on about.

ALso I made up the address as I've been living in Hua Hin since covid (don't need one there either) and no ones ever batted an eye lid about my real address in BKK.

Edited by Bingo66

12 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

I went and even asked about a TM30, it's not required in BKK and from my 13 years experince it's never been required nor have i ever done one .... Just a myth the "visa experts" like to bang on about.

ALso I made up the address as I've been living in Hua Hin since covid (don't need one there either) and no ones ever batted an eye lid about my real address in BKK.

If you are so confident given your extensive experience then why start a thread.

For folk here on tourist visa or visa exempt then most likely will require a TM30 for a 30 day extension.

Also if entered on tourist visa you would obtain your extension at CW.

BTW: BKK refers to an airport. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you are so confident given your extensive experience then why start a thread.

For folk here on tourist visa or visa exempt then most likely will require a TM30 for a 30 day extension.

Also if entered on tourist visa you would obtain your extension at CW.

BTW: BKK refers to an airport. 

BKK = Bangkok, clearly im not talking about the airport from the context and BKK has always refered to Bangkok long before swampy ever existed.

I was on visa excempt, just stating facts I've never seen or heard of a TM30 at CW or any immigration office in BKK, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakarn yes it was requested pre covid. I have not done a visa extension in BKK since covid purely because issues I had with staff and I can't stand the amount of tourists, this was my first time since then and I observed everyone there was no TM30 in sight or any notifcations / guidelines about it. DOesn't make sense to ask backpackers who have been here for 30 days in some hostel in but<deleted> nowhere to apply for a TM30 thats not stated or taught anywhere when you have 500+ queues everyday and are overloaded.

I haven't read the news on visa rules in god knows how long and I've had no issues (apart from one airport deny) being on tourist visas (90% excempt) in the last 7 years with zero TM30s. Yet every thread here on and FB is doom and gloom about getting fined and how you need to make a TM30 everytime you roll over to a different side of the bed.

Edited by Bingo66

10 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

DOesn't make sense to ask backpackers who have been here for 30 days in some hostel in but<deleted> nowhere to apply for a TM30 thats not stated or taught anywhere when you have 500+ queues everyday and are overloaded.

Selected this one random sentence.

Absolute nonsense.

There are zillion posts that state a TM30 was required for 30 day extension for visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Yes can be hit and miss as is the norm at various immigration offices.

More often than not a TM30 is required.

Your posts are incorrect. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Selected this one random sentence.

Absolute nonsense.

There are zillion posts that state a TM30 was required for 30 day extension for visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Yes can be hit and miss as is the norm at various immigration offices.

More often than not a TM30 is required.

Your posts are incorrect. 

Just stating facts, theres 3 out of 3 people in this thread who has done their extension in BKK and not seen or heard of a TM30.

19 minutes ago, Bingo66 said:

BKK = Bangkok, clearly im not talking about the airport from the context and BKK has always refered to Bangkok long before swampy ever existed.

I was on visa excempt, just stating facts I've never seen or heard of a TM30 at CW or any immigration office in BKK, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakarn yes it was requested pre covid. I have not done a visa extension in BKK since covid purely because issues I had with staff and I can't stand the amount of tourists, this was my first time since then and I observed everyone there was no TM30 in sight or any notifcations / guidelines about it. DOesn't make sense to ask backpackers who have been here for 30 days in some hostel in but<deleted> nowhere to apply for a TM30 thats not stated or taught anywhere when you have 500+ queues everyday and are overloaded.

I haven't read the news on visa rules in god knows how long and I've had no issues (apart from one airport deny) being on tourist visas (90% excempt) in the last 7 years with zero TM30s. Yet every thread here on and FB is doom and gloom about getting fined and how you need to make a TM30 everytime you roll over to a different side of the bed.

*exempt

• Sad 1

I would say its 50/50. There is a sign and an example of a TM30 copy at the check in desk, where you get your queue number for immigration in Lak Si IT Square. So better have it than not have it tbh. And like I wrote earlier, one guy sitting next to me with the other IO officer was getting a lot of trouble because he did not have a TM30. He had to exit the room as they would not do his extension without it.

• Agree 1