Donald and the US expats.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh yes. TDS. Goes both ways. Trump deceives his supporters. 

That is an accusation easily leveled at Biden supporters as well.

I readily admit Trump's faults and that I would vote for him in a heartbeat if Biden/ Harris were the opponents, but I am aware that it would be better if neither was standing for POTUS.

What concerns me are those that apparently think Biden is actually capable of seeing out another 4 years as POTUS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, G_Money said:

Another brainwashed clueless liberal.

You been living under a rock for the past 3 years?

Why don't you enlighten us with some links that prove the points claimed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, G_Money said:

You’re a smart guy (I think).  Google is your friend.  Look it up.  

no i am apparently a brainwashed lib and live under a rock....i don't have to look it up as i already did...you appear to be in desperate need of looking at the facts not that facts ever matter to trumpers....just make up a bunch of garbage repeat it over and over and hope that people are stupid enough to believe it...MAGA

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I don't usually jump in on lets think of a way to start bashing trump and the USA troll threads, but if Trump is elected, It will be cheaper to fuel my car and buy steak and eggs, plus as a bonus the Eurotrash and Leftyloons will be screaming and crying.

You have no idea what the prices will be on those items in the U.S. OR Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I readily admit Trump's faults and that I would vote for him in a heartbeat if Biden/ Harris were the opponents, but I am aware that it would be better if neither was standing for POTUS.

What concerns me are those that apparently think Biden is actually capable of seeing out another 4 years as POTUS.

You're not a U.S. expat.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but apparently you are OK with Biden. :cheesy:

More so than trump 

Elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972, Biden was reelected in 1978, 1984, 1990, 1996, 2002, and 2008, regularly receiving about 60% of the vote.

Eight Years as VP. 

Three years as president. 

Answer me this. no BS, honest opinion.Can you think of anyone in DC with more experience? 

What is trumps experience? He inherited a bunch of money from his Dad.

If trump  had invested that money he inherited on the S&P500 he could have done much better that he did cheating stealing and several times bankrupting.

"It’s Official: Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Just Invested His Inheritance Into The S&P 500 "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/11/its-official-trump-would-be-richer-if-he-had-just-invested-his-inheritance-into-the-sp500/?sh=361957771c48

The only election trump ever won he did not even win the popular vote. 

Are you guys out of your minds? Have you heard this guy talk? 

Answer me this again , Honestly , no BS.

If you met this guy at the pub, and started talking <deleted>, like this guy does , would you not walk away? at the very least. would you not laugh 

him out of the place? At the very least would you not tell the bartender." I'll have what this guy had, What ever he is drinking got to be good sh!t". 

I have spoken to you on other subjects, you seem like a nice Stand up guy, Relatively intelligent.

What is it that makes your trump crowd lose their minds over this guy. ? Seriesly ! I am not being snarky, I want to know.

What is it? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not sure what makes you dislike Biden so much. Pretty normal traditional president. The stuff about his supposed corruption and receiving payments have been proven totally false this week in case your media did not show it. Old but not his fault. Some on far left a bit woke but not mainstream policy as a rule or Biden. Biden not doing a lot for Palestinians, which appears to be something important for you,  but surely better than Trump would do. As a fellow antipodean not sure where such a dislike comes from. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:41 PM, swissie said:

As the OP, I allow myself to remind posters that this is not a general discussion between Trumpists and Bidonists.

It's about "How will a possible presidency of Donald affect your lifestyle while living overseas". Concerning Government benefits, pensions, taxes, marrying a non US citizen overseas etc etc etc............. Just things concerning the future size of your wallet as an Expat.

Please stay on topic. The possibility of a civil war in the US are disussed in an other sub-forum.

Since you’re the acting mod , “Please stay on topic”.

Perhaps you will find it advantageous to complain to the real mods about 

made up fake memes.

To be fair. Imop

image.thumb.jpeg.22bfb30ec90fc2972c64d8cee13038c8.jpeg

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:43 AM, seajae said:

all this does is show the dems against the republicans, they both hate each other and stick to their own agendas and rhetoric, neither side is prepared to admit defeat or tell the truth. Before covid hit the US was in a good position going by all the figures showing high employment, low cost of living, food, petrol etc, illegal immigration being controlled and world wars declining, trump was running his mouth but there were good things happening that were verified by many countries around the world apart from democrat voters but then covid hit and everything went to sh*t everywhere in the world. Then there was biden, dems were happy to be rid of trump but things did not improve, illegal immigratin sky rocketed, woke policies were instituted, cost of living started increasing, wars increased, parents started losing their rights over their own children and were even hounded by the fbi but dems were happy, as a non US citizen it was apparent that even though trump had a big mouth he did do some good things, biden on the other hand didnt do much at all except appease dem voters but then I am not a rusted on voter for either party, to me it appears that there is no neutral people in the US and this can be seen with the court problems facing trump, they are politically motivated(this is based on neutral reporting and facts) and the judges are using their personal preferences for either party to reach decisions while ignoring/blocking facts & the actual law, the old justice is blind has become a thing of the past and it is now justice goes to the party running the case. The US has become a total joke with regards to politics, it is now a matter of either dems and republicans getting their own political views   pushed and to hell with the "people" if they dont agree, doesnt matter who wins it will always remain a sh*t fight due to the combatant voters & their parties that refuse to accept the truth and that everyone has a right to their own opinion & vote for their preferred party without being denegrated by the opposition. 

Brilliant! Especially letting people vote their choice instead of the lefts alternative of arresting the opposition choice.The latter usually seen in Communist countries.

While living in Thailand,when Trump was in Office my 401 k

investments did well .

Boeing from $70 to over $300. Im happy i sold it at 302.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You have no idea what the prices will be on those items in the U.S. OR Thailand.

Sorry I dont feel the need to argue with trolls on the internet.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I tend to agree Biden is not capable, but I earnestly think Trump is not capable either. I believe that he's semi senile, incoherent most of the time, and he's lost a lot of his faculties, in addition to being completely insane. Not to mention in legal peril and possibly broke. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yagoda said:

It will be cheaper to fuel my car and buy steak and eggs, plus as a bonus the Eurotrash and Leftyloons will be screaming and crying.

Here's an excellent sample of Trump voters....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Here's an excellent sample of Trump voters....

A single person is not a sample.

Most statisticians agree that the minimum sample size to get any kind of meaningful result is 100. If your population is less than 100 then you really need to survey all of them.

But then, you probably never got that far in school. Like most Trump supporters.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

General consensus is, that come November it will be a close call.

What does that really mean?

It means that close to half of American voters will vote for Donald. A person, that most of the rest of the world see as a pompous self centered radical moron. This in itself is nothing short of frigtening.

- Or is it so, that Americans are so tired of the FINPOL elite, that has ruled this country for over 200 years, that they vote for anyone, as long he is not part of the established FINPOL elite?

FINPOL Elite = Financial / Political Elite.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A single person is not a sample.

Most statisticians agree that the minimum sample size to get any kind of meaningful result is 100. If your population is less than 100 then you really need to survey all of them.

But then, you probably never got that far in school. Like most Trump supporters.

I have a Doctorate. So Im not like most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Not sure what makes you dislike Biden so much. Pretty normal traditional president. The stuff about his supposed corruption and receiving payments have been proven totally false this week in case your media did not show it. Old but not his fault. Some on far left a bit woke but not mainstream policy as a rule or Biden. Biden not doing a lot for Palestinians, which appears to be something important for you,  but surely better than Trump would do. As a fellow antipodean not sure where such a dislike comes from. 

You said it yourself, HE'S OLD!!!!!

Of course that's not his "fault", but in which rational universe would an old man like him be put in charge of the free world?

Seems that TDS makes some willing to overlook that he's OLD, just to stop Trump.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, swissie said:

General consensus is, that come November it will be a close call.

What does that really mean?

It means that close to half of American voters will vote for Donald. A person, that most of the rest of the world see as a pompous self centered radical moron. This in itself is nothing short of frigtening.

- Or is it so, that Americans are so tired of the FINPOL elite, that has ruled this country for over 200 years, that they vote for anyone, as long he is not part of the established FINPOL elite?

FINPOL Elite = Financial / Political Elite.

Yes to the below

Or is it so, that Americans are so tired of the FINPOL elite, that has ruled this country for over 200 years, that they vote for anyone, as long he is not part of the established FINPOL elite?

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree Biden is not capable, but I earnestly think Trump is not capable either. I believe that he's semi senile, incoherent most of the time, and he's lost a lot of his faculties, in addition to being completely insane. Not to mention in legal peril and possibly broke. 

If, for the sake of argument, we assume that you are correct about Trump, are you so blinded by TDS that you ignore WHY he's even considered as the next POTUS? WHY is America so broken that millions look to him to save them from Washington? WHY does a man like that win in primaries against establishment types like Haley?

If you ignore the fundamental reasons for Trump's rise, you will never understand why he became POTUS and may do so again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have spoken to you on other subjects, you seem like a nice Stand up guy, Relatively intelligent.

What is it that makes your trump crowd lose their minds over this guy. ? Seriesly ! I am not being snarky, I want to know.

What is it? 

Thanks for the thumbs up ( on subjects other than Trump )

Why do I support Trump?

I don't support Trump the man, I support Trump the symbol of resistance to Washington.

I am with Americans that have had enough of the Washington elites, and don't want to take it anymore.

Hillary and Biden are as Washington elite as it's possible to be and it's not advisable to say what I really think about them on here.

So, when the Dems put up the very pinnacles of Washington elitism, why on earth would I support them?

As with many things in life, if it's a choice between two very bad options, one has to choose the least bad option, and Trump didn't start any wars, which for me is a huge plus. I'd vote for him on that basis alone.

Anyway, Biden hasn't done a great job, has he? The country is more divided than when he started, the Middle East is a complete disaster and gets worse by the day, The Afghanistan withdrawal was a farce, Ukraine looks like ending badly for the west, and the US southern border is chaos.

Just what has Biden done that makes him a good choice for another 4 years?

• Thanks 1

I don't support Trump the man, I support Trump the symbol of resistance to Washington.

I am with Americans that have had enough of the Washington elites, and don't want to take it anymore.

I don't think there is anyone  that supports the Washington elite , we all know washington has problems.

I often said that the American political system is broken beyond repair, and because it is structurally  incapable of change .

But as the old saying goes. "you don't throw out the baby with the bath water" . Trump is the antithesis to all that the ideal of America stands for. To kill it in an attempt to save it is at the very least insane. 

trump is grasping at straws. Not gonna save you from drowning but it certainly will insure it, and in the way you might take some others down with you. 

Most of us know what the problems are, and I agree they are many and serious. trump is not the solution, just another problem. I hope we will agree that we don't need more problems. 

Hillary and Biden are as Washington elite as it's possible to be and it's not advisable to say what I really think about them on here

And trump is New York elite.

At the very least Hillary and Biden had a life outside the "Washington elite" at some point in their lives, and some connection to it. trump never did. Biden worked with black kids in his youth, what did trump do? other than try to keep them out of his buildings? for which he was sued and lost. Theis winner seems to be losing alot , don't you think? 

Do you know what state and what city trump gets the least support in the US? The place where they know him the best . NYC. The man is was and always will be scam. I worked most of my Professional life in New York, in the High-rise construction industry.No one in NYC would do business with him, No bank would lend him money . Many of those "Best People" that he chose to work with in his administration told you  He is a first class A-hole . You can say. well they were disgruntled  employees . Dont other administrations , both Republican and Democrat had degutted employes?  Why so many with trump? 

Where there is smoke, there is fire my friend. 

So, when the Dems put up the very pinnacles of Washington elitism, why on earth would I support them?

Because of the choices you have, not the ones you wish you had. tea choices you have   Biden is your best choice. And you should ALWAYS chose your best option. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just what has Biden done that makes him a good choice for another 4 years?

Under the circumstances he has don as good a job as any. For one 

" As of 2023, the United States and China would occupy the first two places in both methods' gdp ranking. "

https://statisticstimes.com/economy/projected-world-gdp-ranking.php#:~:text=As of 2023%2C the United,by %249 trillion in 2023.

• Sad 1