British Tourist Robbed in Bangkok Condo: Items Worth Over 200,000 Baht Missing

webfact

My word, you got to give to the deep and sincir wai those guys give to each other, and what a detailed report,

but they have left out how many bedrooms are in the apartment and what color of clothing all those involved were wearing...

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

including $1,500 and £100 in cash, two Acer laptops, an iPhone XR, two UK credit cards, an additional iPhone XR, an Acer notebook with its charging accessories, a black shoulder bag, an HP notebook, a Canon camera, and a camera lens.

Probably all in the said black shoulder bag. What a plonker!

Why did the report not say '2 x phone XRs?"

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Think that is military mythology about being charged just to scare recruits into being careful.  I can only vouch for Brtish Military law and I  never saw any law that could be used to punish a victim of theft. 

UK Military law covers many "civil" offences including theft;

"A military criminal conduct offence covers any activity recognised as an offence under civilian criminal law in England and Wales, for example, theft, grievous bodily harm, common assault or battery. These offences are all considered charged in the service justice system as an offence against section 42 of the Armed Forces Act 2006. This covers two types of offences:

Source;

HM_Forces_-_Criminality_v1.0.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't in the British military.

Whether it was actually a real military law or not, it's a good policy to not leave temptation lying around, and I have endeavored to abide by it my entire life since then.

PS. Even if was not an actual law, we could always be caught by the cover all situations law - "Conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline".

an yet your oringinal comment was made as if it was fact. Fake news

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Daniel realized that several items were missing, including two Acer laptops,  an Acer notebook with its charging accessories, [and] an HP notebook

:ermm:

Sounds like a ladyboy from khao san road. They always give people BJ's in the side streets for 500 baht too, not knowing the real goal is to steal their wallet and phones in the process. Used to happen daily multiple times.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prior to the incident, Mr. Daniel and his male friend, also British, ventured out to Khao San Road, where they encountered a woman later identified as the culprit.

After leaving a liquor store, they accepted an invitation to Mr. Daniel's condo unit, numbered 189/955, to continue drinking. The following morning, around 09:00, Mr. Daniel realized that several items were missing, including $1,500 and £100 in cash, two Acer laptops, an iPhone XR, two UK credit cards, an additional iPhone XR, an Acer notebook with its charging accessories, a black shoulder bag, an HP notebook, a Canon camera, and a camera lens.

Mr. Daniel stated that it was his first trip to Thailand,

Green-horns... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

It sounds like she walked out of the condo looking like a National Geographic documentary maker walking onto the savannah. 

Straight to the nearest pawn shop.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
7 hours ago, dyertribe said:

Ladyboy I'm guessing ...

That's what the original article's translation suggests.

Kinda curious how Mr. Daniel is going to spin the yarn when he gets home.