Opinion: The Case Against Israel Rests on Lies

Social Media

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If I were in charge of either side, I'd start seriously negotiating a ceasefire, return of the hostages, and a two-state solution. 

Sounds simple enough doesn't it, however with Hamas wanting to kill all Jews and wipe Israel off the face of the map, that's highly unlikely to work; on the other hand, Israel's determination to build on Palestinian land creates another flashpoint – – back to the drawing board WD.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I have not been to either Palestine or Israel and certainly wouldn't want to go there now. I have no "first-hand knowledge" of any of this conflict. All my knowledge has been accumulated by reading history books and reports on current events.

This is the basis for all the opinions I express here on AseanNow and elsewhere.  

To be ignored then, as every conflict is different.............:coffee1:

Just now, WDSmart said:

Yes, and that's the fundamental cause of your bias. You refuse to try to understand what is behind this conflict, so all you think can be done to stop it is to kill more Palestinians until they are eliminated or completely surrender. I, on the other hand, want to see a more equitable solution.

Listen I shall say this only once, in your fantasy world there may be grounds for a ceasefire but in the real world Hamas doesn't want one, it wants to carry on killing Israelis!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If I were in charge of either side, I'd start seriously negotiating a ceasefire, return of the hostages, and a two-state solution. 

No sir, I don't want to know what you would do if you were in charge, I want to know what you would do if you were one of the grunts going from house to house on the ground looking for Hamas?

It's easy to sit in an ivory tower and make judgments, but on the ground in enemy territory, not so easy.

7 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Listen I shall say this only once, in your fantasy world there may be grounds for a ceasefire but in the real world Hamas doesn't want one, it wants to carry on killing Israelis!

Hamas wants a one-state solution. So do the Zionists in Israel, who are now in charge of the government (Netanyahu). I believe it will be up to the UN, particularly the allies of both Palestine and Israel, to put enough pressure on them to start negotiating a two-state solution. If they fail to do this, this conflict will probably never end. Even if Israel gains control of all of Palestine and enforces military law, there will be no end to the terrorist attacks. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Trippy said:

No sir, I don't want to know what you would do if you were in charge, I want to know what you would do if you were one of the grunts going from house to house on the ground looking for Hamas?

It's easy to sit in an ivory tower and make judgments, but on the ground in enemy territory, not so easy.

I wouldn't be "one of the grunts going from house to house on the ground looking for Hamas." I wouldn't voluntarily participate in anything like that. If I were forced to do that, I would try to make certain I did not kill civilians, or anyone else, for that matter. Instead of being a soldier attacking another country, I would try to concentrate my efforts back at home to find a way to stop this war. That's what I did in my home country in the 1960s.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Like 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

Hamas wants a one-state solution. So do the Zionists in Israel, who are now in charge of the government (Netanyahu). I believe it will be up to the UN, particularly the allies of both Palestine and Israel, to put enough pressure on them to start negotiating a two-state solution. If they fail to do this, this conflict will probably never end. Even if Israel gains control of all of Palestine and enforces military law, there will be no end to the terrorist attacks. 

You lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, just the same with the indoctrinated Palestinian terrorists they will never stop killing Israelis, the only answer is to remove the cancerous growth which is Hamas.🥴

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

You lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, just the same with the indoctrinated Palestinian terrorists they will never stop killing Israelis, the only answer is to remove the cancerous growth which is Hamas.🥴

"...the only answer is to remove the cancerous growth which is Hamas"...and the Zionists in Israel.

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

"...the only answer is to remove the cancerous growth which is Hamas"...and the Zionists in Israel.

You really hate the Israelis, your mask slips with every post.

So, would you say that you "really hate" the Palestinians? 

I do believe that the extreme, right-wing, militant factions on either side, Hamas and Zionists, are responsible for this continuing conflict. So, yes, I guess you could say I "hate" them.

Seems like the conflict will never end as neither side will be happy unless they wipe out the other. 

None are interested in any agreement or peace.  

It's become down to extremist religious views on both sides, and they have lost any common sense. 

The only solution is let them fight it out and for one side to wipe out the other if they won't compromise.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jak2002003 said:

Seems like the conflict will never end as neither side will be happy unless they wipe out the other. 

None are interested in any agreement or peace.  

It's become down to extremist religious views on both sides, and they have lost any common sense. 

The only solution is let them fight it out and for one side to wipe out the other if they won't compromise.

I'd go for that, but for the real possibility that if that's done, this conflict will widen and involve more and more states. That, IMO, is the real danger. I'd rather see these two forced to negotiate a two-state solution and then have some kind of armed peacekeeping force put into place to enforce that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I do believe that the extreme, right-wing, militant factions on either side, Hamas and Zionists, are responsible for this continuing conflict. So, yes, I guess you could say I "hate" them.

Hamas hates the Palestians or else they would not be using them as human shields.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Hamas hates the Palestians or else they would not be using them as human shields.

What would you say about the people who kill human shields? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Just the extreme?

most Palestinians supported the killing and kidnapping of Israelis on October 7

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-788667

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

What would you say about the people who kill human shields? 

It's a war that Palestine so brutally instigated.

You never answer a direct question. I always do. You always change the subject. I hope you'll consider changing that approach. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just the extreme?

most Palestinians supported the killing and kidnapping of Israelis on October 7

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-788667

I "hate" just the extreme factions, not those on either side who also hate those factions.

Opinion: Many Palestinians in Gaza hate Hamas. My father certainly did | CNN

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I "hate" just the extreme factions, not those on either side who also hate those factions.

Opinion: Many Palestinians in Gaza hate Hamas. My father certainly did | CNN

But I said its not just the extreme, you avoided the question. "most Palestinians supported the killing and kidnapping of Israelis on October 7"

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I have answered your question Mr Dimbleby.

I asked you, "What would you say about the people who kill human shields?"

And your answer was, "It's a war that Palestine so brutally instigated."

I don't consider that a direct answer. Your answer IMPLIED that you thought killing civilians used as human shields was okay because "He hit me first!" But, it was not a direct answer.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

But I said its not just the extreme, you avoided the question. "most Palestinians supported the killing and kidnapping of Israelis on October 7"

Sorry, I didn't see that as a question but a statement.

I don't believe that statement or the link supporting it.

• Confused 1

That link of the one person in Gaza that hates Hamas also debunks many of your posts.😂😂😂

What makes you think that? 

Just now, WDSmart said:

I asked you, "What would you say about the people who kill human shields?"

And your answer was, "It's a war that Palestine so brutally instigated."

I don't consider that a direct answer. Your answer IMPLIED that you thought killing civilians used as human shields was okay because "He hit me first!" But, it was not a direct answer.

I would say that Hamas has a duty not to use their citizens has human shields, is some of these questions too difficult for you to work out yourself. My mother used to say that questions that needn't be asked, needn't be answered.

• Confused 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

What makes you think that? 

You try to glorify these vile thugs by calling them "freedom fighters" your clip shows the daughter of the one man in Gaza that hates Hamas telling a different story and calling them for what they are.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

Sorry, I didn't see that as a question but a statement.

I don't believe that statement or the link supporting it.

It had a question mark, it was a question. 

Inside that link you don't believe was a poll by the "Arab World for Research and Development" who are based in Gaza.

However you've just confirmed yet again you live in your own world that is not based on reality. Pointless having a debate with you.

I would say that Hamas has a duty not to use their citizens has human shields, is some of these questions too difficult for you to work out yourself. My mother used to say that questions that needn't be asked, needn't be answered.

But you didn't say that. You just deflected the question to a statement implying "He hit me first!"

I agree Hamas conducted a horrific terrorist attack on Oct 7. But, what I don't agree with is that it gives Israel the right to also commit horrific, terrorist-like attacks on Gaza in retaliation. That's the main difference we have. I guess you could reduce it down to the old adage, "Two wrongs don't make a right." 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

You try to glorify these vile thugs by calling them "freedom fighters" your clip shows the daughter of the one man in Gaza that hates Hamas telling a different story and calling them for what they are.

I've said time and time again that Hamas are terrorists. I'm sure they think of themselves as "freedom fighters." I think Hamas represents a small percentage of the Palestinian people, just like Zionists represent only a small percentage of Israelis. What I've constantly said is I hope Palestinians and Israelis (not Hamas and Zionists) can eventually come together to reach an agreement that would divide the land up so they both could live in peace. But, as long as they are led by these right-wing, nationalistic, militant factions, that will not happen, or be very, very hard to do. 

• Thanks 1