Thai woman seeks foreign couple who rescued her mother from Chao Phraya River

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

Bravo. Finally a heartwarming story. Surely worth at least a basket of some sort from Thai PR 4.0? Srettha? Are you there.....hello....

Nah, don´t go dreaming away. It will be a wai and a basket of Brands finest Bird poop

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pesche said:

@RBKK

@GOTTFRID

Is it REALLY so necessary to always write a sarcastic buffalos...t opinion?!

Even for a Beau Geste?

You must be so bored Expats, grumpy grandpas who know everything!!

Not necessary at all. Same as it was not necessary for you to get hung on it and post a reply. It´s probably just that some of us knows what knee jerk reactions are made in different situations here. The guy definitely did a good thing. Not many person would dare to jump into that river with all the hidden streams that can take you down. 

Regarding if I am bored or a grumpy grandpa. At the age of 53 (soon 54) years of age, I have yet not got to the stage of grandpa. With that taken out of the equation, we will only have the bored factor left. I will ask you like this. If your life was full of all the points shown below, would you be bored?

• A perfect loving wife, that actually understands real life and can engage in an interesting and fruitful discussion as well as solve problems on her own.
  • 2 daughters that do their best to excel in school as well as in real life.
  • A house in the country side, with modern furniture and a pool.
  • 1 condo in Bangkok and 1 in Pattaya.
  • A monthly salary between 280k - 480k baht.
  • Free working hours as long as I meet the goals always working from home. (I always meet the goals :thumbsup:)
  • I lot of free time and always the possibility for a holiday, with only a laptop with me.

As you surely understand know, Pesche, neither am I. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Sad lives, sad outlooks.

Wrong! Please look above for the insight. :cheesy:

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not necessary at all. Same as it was not necessary for you to get hung on it and post a reply. It´s probably just that some of us knows what knee jerk reactions are made in different situations here. The guy definitely did a good thing. Not many person would dare to jump into that river with all the hidden streams that can take you down. 

Regarding if I am bored or a grumpy grandpa. At the age of 53 (soon 54) years of age, I have yet not got to the stage of grandpa. With that taken out of the equation, we will only have the bored factor left. I will ask you like this. If your life was full of all the points shown below, would you be bored?

• A perfect loving wife, that actually understands real life and can engage in an interesting and fruitful discussion as well as solve problems on her own.
  • Free working hours as long as I meet the goals always working from home. (I always meet the goals :thumbsup:)
  • I lot of free time and always the possibility for a holiday, with only a laptop with me.

You hiring???

6 hours ago, Pesche said:

@RBKK

@GOTTFRID

Is it REALLY so necessary to always write a sarcastic buffalos...t opinion?!

Even for a Beau Geste?

You must be so bored Expats, grumpy grandpas who know everything!!

It's what they do.............🥴

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And you doubled down by boasting about your salary, family, house. So I double down on my sad life, sad outlook comment. Anyone that feels the need to boast on an anonymous forum is a loser in my opinion. 

I prefer to keep my private life and any successes private. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

And you doubled down by boasting about your salary, family, house. So I double down on my sad life, sad outlook comment. Anyone that feels the need to boast on an anonymous forum is a loser in my opinion. 

I prefer to keep my private life and any successes private. 

One to their own. It was not boasting, even if you got a bit jealous. It was only an explanation for you 2 to understand that my life is not sad, and that I am very happy with it. Now you know. Just move on. Forget it if you can.

• Sad 1

Wow, this is incredible! It restores your faith in humanity. Kudos to the foreign couple for their courage and kindness. Hope they see this post and know what a difference they made!