1 dead and multiple injured in shooting following Chiefs Super Bowl parade

Social Media

On 2/15/2024 at 9:20 PM, mikebike said:

No one is asking for another prohibition. It doesn't work for alcohol, cannabis, or guns. That is well established, as you noted. 

But you, and many others, fail to take the next logical step - what did and does work? 

Surprise! When alcohol prohibition ended, laws and regulations were enacted to control the industry. 

Do you currently feel overly restricted in purchasing alcohol in the USA? 

Is there a logical reason the same solution won't work for guns? 

Of course there need to be tougher restrictions in the US when it comes to gun ownership and especially on how to keep them. No doubt about it! That's not my issue, though. All I'm saying is that prohibition never works, which is what the opposition always says. They think by prohibiting guns the gun crimes will stop, which is deluded wishful thinking! Especially in the US with their wild west attitude where they've had the constitional right to bear arms for 200 plus years and everyone and their dog has one. Getting rid of all those guns is literally impossible and a prohibition would also not stop gun crimes. 

A lot of the gun crimes in the US are crime related. Gangs dealing drugs fighting over turfs.  They need to fix their internal issues. Free health care, free education all the way through university and legalizing drugs. They should produce all drugs themselves, sell it cheaply through pharmacies to anyone who wants them over the age of 21 and tax it. Offer better quality and a cheaper price than the gangs and they won't have any turf to fight over literally over night because no one would buy their overpriced and cut up <deleted> anymore. 

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas accused Missouri Gov. Mike Parson of using a racial “dog whistle” when referring to the suspected shooters at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade as “thugs.”

https://nypost.com/2024/02/18/us-news/kansas-city-mayor-accuses-governor-of-racial-dog-whistle-for-calling-parade-shooters-thugs/

If the shooters were white kids the narrative would be different.

• Agree 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:09 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas accused Missouri Gov. Mike Parson of using a racial “dog whistle” when referring to the suspected shooters at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade as “thugs.”

https://nypost.com/2024/02/18/us-news/kansas-city-mayor-accuses-governor-of-racial-dog-whistle-for-calling-parade-shooters-thugs/

If the shooters were white kids the narrative would be different.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

image.png.a9d249b84b36c8135bcc8b5dd8512886.png

Why are the left always trying to control and redefine language to score political points? If someone assumes the word Thug somehow relates exclusively to black people I'd suggest they are the ones who need to adjust their own prejudices. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Seems pretty accurate to me.

image.png.a9d249b84b36c8135bcc8b5dd8512886.png

Why are the left always trying to control and redefine language to score political points? If someone assumes the word Thug somehow relates exclusively to black people I'd suggest they are the ones who need to adjust their own prejudices. 

MagaWorld's usage of 'woke' is a good example of 'always trying to control and redefine language to score political points.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2