Surge in antisemitism in UK worst for 40 years

Social Media

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The topic is the highest antisemitism for 40 years in the UK against JEWS not Arabs, if you want to discuss islamaphobia or similar then create a topic on it rather than dilute the seriousness of this one regarding the Jews being victimized in the UK

I think everyone agrees that the recent rise in anti-Jewish sentiments in the UK has to do with the current crisis in Israel and Palestine. So, I was asking if this rise also was accompanied by a rise in anti-Arab sentiments. I expect it has.

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I think everyone agrees that the recent rise in anti-Jewish sentiments in the UK has to do with the current crisis in Israel and Palestine. So, I was asking if this rise also was accompanied by a rise in anti-Arab sentiments. I expect it has.

I know what you were asking and responded.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

It hasn't, no .

Zionist and supporters of Israel do not tend to go around attacking people whom they disagree with

You are attempting to dismiss the rise in Anti Semitism by including Arabs in the people being attacked  

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's not my impression from listening to the news and reading social media.

If "Zionist and supporters of Israel do not tend to go around attacking people whom they disagree with," why am I getting so many attacking posts when I cite things that supporters of Israel do not want to hear? You are one of those. And, people that are anti-Arab aren't necessarily Zionists or supporters of Israel. For example, in my home country, the USA, there are a lot of anti-Arabs because of the 9-11 Attacks and our subsequent war with Arabs. Their prejudice has nothing to do with Israel.

We are talking about real life anti sematic  attacks , physical assaults and property damage .

You are NOT being physically attacked and none of your property is getting damage (and you are not being insulted or abused) , some people on forums just disagree with you ,

Are you really equating yourself with a Jew who got physically beaten in a violent unprovoked attack on the street , equating  that Jew with yourself because I disagreed with you on forums ?

You are not being attacked , you are not being abused, you are being disagreed with 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

On Thursday a new World News topic appeared about some Hollywood nonentity who has posted something Islamaphobic on social media. To date it has garnered 6 comments, the majority supporting her views. I think that is telling in itself.

One thing I have noticed is that, in the UK at least, the hard right has quickly resolved its inner dichotomy. In the past, Jews and Muslims were equally reviled by them, however their hatred of Muslims has reached a level where they now pretend that they have always been supportive of Jews. 

The ultimate irony - a right winger in the UK calling someone antisemitic.

There's a similar trend among hard right parties in other countries, for example in France. While her father had holocaust negationism tendencies, Marine Le Pen is now rather supportive of Jews.

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

There's a similar trend among hard right parties in other countries, for example in France. While her father had holocaust negationism tendencies, Marine Le Pen is now rather supportive of Jews.

That's because she's rather unsupportive of Muslims. The enemy of my enemy is my friend to borrow a phrase.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are some people that disagree with Islamic values , but the UK isn't Islamophobic .

Is it Islamophobic to disagree with Islamic values ?

No, it's only Islamophobic to attack Muslims, not the religion itself as is the case with every religion.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:25 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. Perhaps if Jews in israel were not blowing thousands of children to bits in Gaza, people in the UK might not be so PO at Jews in the UK.

Exactly. 

Similarly, there was anti-Muslim feeling after 9/11, or anti-US feeling after Iraq. No one likes to see innocent civilians die in their thousands. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, retarius said:

You are simply full of hate. And the term 'muzzers' that you have used I n other posts betrays you as a racist and a bigot. 

last time I checked muzzers were not classed as a race,   So I am not a racist, in that respect at least    I do however dislike muzzers intensely, Whether you consider  me a "bigot " or not. is the least of my worries. It is not obligatory to like them and  I am perfectly entitled to my opinion,  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

last time I checked muzzers were not classed as a race,   So I am not a racist, in that respect at least    I do however dislike muzzers intensely, Whether you consider  me a "bigot " or not. is the least of my worries. It is not obligatory to like them and  I am perfectly entitled to my opinion,  

Islamophobia is racist. Own it.

• Agree 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:15 AM, Cory1848 said:

Wow, you’re a real piece of work. You’ve obviously never met a Muslim person, and you wrote somewhere that you’d only ever met a couple of Jewish people. Meantime, you seem obsessed with female genital mutilation and beheadings. I dunno; I can only suggest that you crawl out of your cave at some point and try interacting with some actual people.

"a real piece of work"  eh?  cheers thanks for the compliment.  but sadly you are  incorrect , I have unfortunately  met a few muzzers, despite my best efforts to avoid them. 

I have no issues at all with Jews , I have just  not met many, are you suggesting I should go out of my way to do so ?   Mentioning female genital mutilation or decapitation of either gender, once or twice, is hardly indicative of harbouring an obsession, can't understand why you are so touchy about that. presumably you are in favour of the practice ?

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

What he said ^

I don't like Rap music, Dog $hit, or Brown ale either,  again no phobias involved.   You appear to have a phobia about people not liking things,   You need help,  You need to understand that it is not you who decides what people like or dislike

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't like Rap music, Dog $hit, or Brown ale either,  again no phobias involved.   You appear to have a phobia about people not liking things,   You need help,  You need to understand that it is not you who decides what people like or dislike

They aren't races, or a dozen races in this case. I don't like mushrooms. They aren't a race either. Can you see where this is going?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They aren't races, or a dozen races in this case. I don't like mushrooms. They aren't a race either. Can you see where this is going?

Its not going anywhere,  Its not for you to tell me, what I must like.  I will dislike whoever or whatever I chose to dislike Its really none of your business

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its not going anywhere,  Its not for you to tell me, what I must like.  I will dislike whoever or whatever I chose to dislike Its really none of your business

I didn't tell you who to like. Just don't come on here with blatantly racist posts and not expect people to call you out on it.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I didn't tell you who to like. Just don't come on here with blatantly racist posts and not expect people to call you out on it.

You lose another debate and have to play 'you're a racist card' you have to accept that some people have a great distrust of Islam. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I didn't tell you who to like. Just don't come on here with blatantly racist posts and not expect people to criticize you.

I have never considered the word islamophobic to actually  be a criticism,  or racist 

Edited by Bday Prang

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

a great distrust of Islam. 

putting it mildly to say the least.  I would say that any non member of the death cult who is not openly critical of it, is either delusional,  or just to woke for their own good (literally)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

putting it mildly to say the least.  I would say that any non member of the death cult who is not openly critical of it, is either delusional,  or just to woke for their own good (literally)

To be clear, claiming that you "dislike" all the people of a certain religion does constitute racism.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I've stated here many times that I will accept the definition of "antisemitism" on these Forums to only refer to Jews. I will not use that term on these Forums myself but will use the term "anti-Jewish" or something similar, which specifies more clearly the type of people the term references. The term "anti-Semitism," for me, includes Arabs and a few other North African tribes whose language is classified as "Semitic." I've said I won't use that term here either, but I will continue to use it in my other non-AseanNow-Forum writings. 

Jews and Arabs are descended from the same original bloodlines so both are Semites, but seems that Jews have co opted the word to mean only Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_people

Semitic people or Semites is an obsolete term for an ethnic, cultural or racial group[2][3][4][5] associated with people of the Middle East, including Arabs, Jews, Akkadians, and Phoenicians.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jews and Arabs are descended from the same original bloodlines so both are Semites, but seems that Jews have co opted the word to mean only Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_people

Semitic people or Semites is an obsolete term for an ethnic, cultural or racial group[2][3][4][5] associated with people of the Middle East, including Arabs, Jews, Akkadians, and Phoenicians.

Your perverted obsession with dissing Jews knows no bounds.

It's just the definition of a word.

I can see what's coming next.

Jews stole hummus.

• Agree 2