Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

15 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Model Code of Judicial Conduct: 
Canon 2 Rule 2.9: Ex Parte Communications

February 14, 2020

Comment on Rule 2.9

[5] A judge may consult with other judges on pending matters, but must avoid ex parte discussions of a case with judges who have previously been disqualified from hearing the matter, and with judges who have appellate jurisdiction over the matter.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_code_of_judicial_conduct/model_code_of_judicial_conduct_canon_2/rule2_9expartecommunications/commentonrule2_9/

Are you suggesting that Engoron consulted with other judges in either of these categories or just trying to muddy the waters?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Model Code of Judicial Conduct: 
Canon 2 Rule 2.9: Ex Parte Communications

February 14, 2020

Comment on Rule 2.9

[5] A judge may consult with other judges on pending matters, but must avoid ex parte discussions of a case with judges who have previously been disqualified from hearing the matter, and with judges who have appellate jurisdiction over the matter.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_code_of_judicial_conduct/model_code_of_judicial_conduct_canon_2/rule2_9expartecommunications/commentonrule2_9/

Of course, but there are plenty of judges with whom Engoron could have consulted. Like any reasonable person involved in the biggest case of their life would do.

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are you suggesting that Engoron consulted with other judges in either of these categories or just trying to muddy the waters?

He was responding tosomeone else who claimed it likely engoran consulted with other judges.

See the quote in the post.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

It's very common for motorists caught speeding to alert the police to others who are driving too fast.

Doesn't get them out of a ticket, though.

I'm trying, I'm trying to get it. But, nope.

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He was responding tosomeone else who claimed it likely engoran consulted with other judges.

See the quote in the post.

I know. The insinuation was that they were inappropriate judges in accordance with his quote. At least I think so. It's hard to pin down the right wing innuendo at the best of times, they never make their point clearly when it involves conspiracies

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I know. The insinuation was that they were inappropriate judges in accordance with his quote. At least I think so. It's hard to pin down the right wing innuendo at the best of times, they never make their point clearly when it involves conspiracies

The poster you reacted to is not right wing.

There was no insinuation at all.

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It's obvious:

a guilty perp's last line of defense is "whatabout them? They did it, too!"

I could care less, or I couldn't care less about Trumps defense. I find it fascinating that all this hatred is directed towards one man. After everything that's being thrown at Trump, his stress level must be crazy high and yet, he's still marching towards the White House. 

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

I could care less, or I couldn't care less about Trumps defense. I find it fascinating that all this hatred is directed towards one man. After everything that's being thrown at Trump, his stress level must be crazy high and yet, he's still marching towards the White House. 

Nope, he's a broken down wreck. The hatred is just as warranted as that for every other fascist tyrant in history. I'm still consumed with hatred over the stolen babies. They had the temerity to accuse dems of stealing babies. Yet another right wing lie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Says a lot about America.

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And yet you make endless posts proclaiming his innocence.

What about the Trump fluffers who claim that Trump is innocent of the 91 felony counts?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump lost the popular vote to Hilary Clinton. He lost the same vote to Biden by 7 million votes. He lost the mid-terms. He lost two defamation cases to the tune of $88 million, one fraud case with a penalty of $360 odd million. He might as well have loser tattooed on his forehead.

He still has 91 criminal indictments to answer to. He has alienated the female vote by boasting about Roe vs Wade, disrespected the military, and p!ssed off the unions with a laughably fake rally.

He has used campaign funds to pay lawyers, his war chest is half that of Biden's. The big donors have pulled their donations, all he can do is grift small donors.

I am curious - what hallucinogen are you taking, that makes you think he is marching towards the White House?

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And yet you make endless posts proclaiming his innocence.

What about the Trump fluffers who claim that Trump is innocent of the 91 felony counts?

Where did I proclaim his innocence, you're so fueled with hate that you don't see the bigger picture. Trump is being singled out for crimes that I'm quite sure he didn't come up with all by himself. If Trump was doing funny books then I'd bet so are most mega businessmen. Seems to me his only crime is having a loud mouth.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

91 felony charges, and you are still finding excuses for Trump.

Trump has been indicted with multiple co-defendants so you can't claim he is being singled out.

I don't want Trump, but I most definitely don't want biden. Nobody wants either one, not really. But the vote will be cast against the one they hate the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The wheels of justice move slowly. But they are now catching up to Trump. Proves our legal system still works.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

i will laugh when this all goes tits up, i see the governor already told others not to worry.... oh why's that..politically motivated thats why, and this adds to the polarisation of the US of ARSE, 

Edited by frank83628
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i will laugh when this all goes tits up, i see the governor already told others not to worry.... oh why's that..politically motivated thats why, and this adds to the polarisation of the US of ARSE, 

There are more cases in the pipeline for Trump, including Michigan and Nevada (or Arizona). Trump will be in an out of court (or prison) for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There are more cases in the pipeline for Trump, including Michigan and Nevada (or Arizona). Trump will be in an out of court (or prison) for the rest of his life.

Will the Dems be doing this to all future Republican candidates for Presidency, ?

• Confused 1