Despite U.S. pressure, the idea of a Palestinian state seems farther away than ever

Social Media

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I generally agree with you, but I'd change the phrase in the first sentence of the last paragraph from "...give any land away..." to "give back any land...".

And there's where the problem lies, on the point of one word... and on that word ten of thousand have died and

will thousands will continue to die...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

You never made a comment when asked before. Do you condone what happened last week?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/29/middleeast/gaza-city-deaths-food-israel-intl/index.html

Are you asking me as an Israeli or a Palestinian? I'm sure that some have died needlessly, but let's not forget

that there's a war raging on, not a garden party, and in such times, as a soldier, you're out there protecting

yourself in order to come out alive...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Are you asking me as an Israeli or a Palestinian? I'm sure that some have died needlessly, but let's not forget

that there's a war raging on, not a garden party, and in such times, as a soldier, you're out there protecting

"some" is how you describe 20,000 civilians?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

All the Zionists need to do is comply with UN resolutions, end of.

You'll want to know that not all Jews and Israelis are Zionists, so i call you post an inflammatory BS...

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

I thought you were Israeli?

Ok, so you condone killing over 100 starving, unarmed civilians because there is a war. 

It's interesting that if 100 Israeli civilians were killed in this war, there would be an uproar, yet 100 Palestinian civialns don't seem to matter. Not even a report on this forum about it. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"some" is how you describe 20,000 civilians?

My reply was a referral to the incident where a 100+ Palestinians died in  food trucks a  stampede..

stay awake will you?...

Just now, ezzra said:

You'll want to know that not all Jews and Israelis are Zionists, so i call you post an inflammatory BS...

Call it what you like, can I suggest that if you are a Zionist supporter of Israel you go there and demand that they comply with UN resolutions, if not a bit of bad luck you're having because that's should be the law, end of.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I thought you were Israeli?

Ok, so you condone killing over 100 starving, unarmed civilians because there is a war. 

It's interesting that if 100 Israeli civilians were killed in this war, there would be an uproar, yet 100 Palestinian civialns don't seem to matter. Not even a report on this forum about it. 

Just so you know the Israeli government is starting an inquest as what took place back there and the cause of

the 100 + Palestinians...

Just now, ezzra said:

Just so you know the Israeli government is starting an inquest as what took place back there and the cause of

So you don't condemn it?

Just now, ezzra said:

With the same outcome after the IDF shot a Palestinian journalist no doubt. Israel is not the appropriate body to be conducting an inquest.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

My reply was a referral to the incident where a 100+ Palestinians died in  food trucks a  stampede..

stay awake will you?...

They died of gunshot wounds. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Call it what you like, can I suggest that if you are a Zionist supporter of Israel you go there and demand that they comply with UN resolutions, if not a bit of bad luck you're having because that's should be the law, end of.

What Zionism has to do with anything? like i said, not all Israelis are as such, not that it matters much defending a tiny

country from millions of enemies looking to destroy it...

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

With the same outcome after the IDF shot a Palestinian journalist no doubt. Israel is not the appropriate body to be conducting an inquest.

And they killed the hostages who were waving a white flag. Unbelievable. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Are you referring to the 'journalist' who turned out to be a Hamas member from Al Jazera?...

Just now, ezzra said:

What Zionism has to do with anything? like i said, not all Israelis are as such, not that it matters much defending a tiny

You should give Palestinians equal rights and stop Apartheid and stealing land. Then you wouldn't have to defend anything. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

And they killed the hostages who were waving a white flag. Unbelievable. 

Where do you get this rubbish from? what hostages and what white flags? mind you, anyone there

is a suspected Hamas member and as such, shoot first, and ask questions later...

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Are you referring to the 'journalist' who turned out to be a Hamas member from Al Jazera?...

Spare me the propaganda.

Edited by ozimoron

36 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Zionism is the problem, your so called millions of enemies are there because of Israel's failure to comply with UN resolutions.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Anyone that believes in Israel's right to exist as a homeland for Jewish people is a Zionist.  

To be clear, anti-Zionists support the eradication of Israel. 

Really, I'm an anti-Zionist and have no problem with Israel being a homeland for the Jewish people, but not at the expense of the indigenous people, or by the force that Israel has used since 1948.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Really, I'm an anti-Zionist and have no problem with Israel being a homeland for the Jewish people, but not at the expense of the indigenous people, or by the force that Israel has used since 1948.

You are not an anti Zionist , if you agree that Israel should be a homeland for Jewish people , then you are a Zionist .

Welcome aboard 

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Then you do not understand what Zionism means, and you are just anti-Israel, which is fine. 

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are not an anti Zionist , if you agree that Israel should be a homeland for Jewish people , then you are a Zionist .

Welcome aboard 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Then you do not understand what Zionism means, and you are just anti-Israel, which is fine. 

Simply put, Zionism is a movement to recreate a Jewish presence in Israel. The name comes from the word “Zion,” which is a Hebrew term that refers to Jerusalem. Throughout history, Jews have considered certain areas in Israel sacred—as do Christians and Muslims.

As I said, I'm anti- Zionist because I cannot agree with what the Zionists are doing to the indigenous people of the area, or by the force that Israel has used since 1948, also their failure to comply with UN resolutions.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Welcome aboard 

Again, another "one word makes all the difference" modification to your declaration above to make it correct (IMO): "...if you agree that Israel should be a homeland ONLY for Jewish people , then you are a Zionist."

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you have a link to that claim ?

(a non A-Jazeera link please )

RAFAH, Gaza Strip — Israeli troops fired on a large crowd of Palestinians racing to pull food off an aid convoy in Gaza City on Thursday, witnesses said. More than 100 people were killed in the chaos, bringing the death toll since the start of the Israel-Hamas war to more than 30,000, according to health officials.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/29/1234906745/gaza-food-aid-convoy-israel-hamas

• Thanks 1