retirement 1Y ext, renting foreign owned condo, jomtien

When renting from a thai owned condo or apartment, the recent requirements were signed copies of (1) owner's ID card (2) tabien baan at address on the ID card and (3) tabien baan for rented address.

Q: What are the requirements when renting a foreign owned condo, as a passport doesn't have a Thai address on it?

Whilst this is specifically for Pattaya/Jomtien, it would also be interesting to know if the same rules apply everywhere. It would be good, if such a thread existed on the latest requirements that wasn't cluttered with most of the replies discussing agents.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Whilst that was true only a few years ago, and officially is probably still the case, there is no way you can actually get the 1Y extension these days without providing the extra documents they want [-edit: without using an agent, which is a discussion for another thread.]

Edited by losable
  • Confused 1

Is the owners name already in the blue book for the rented property? It might seem like a given, but not everyone puts their name in the bluebook, perhaps this is why they wanted the other tabien baan linked to ID? but that's not something i've seen before at SP and CW. 

Firstly, when the apartment was owned by a company then the company registration document was accepted at JW, Bangkok.

For the privately owned apartments that I have stayed, neither of the Thai owners were in the Thai blue book, tabien baan, of the apartment. The only link of the owner's ID card to the apartment was via a receipt of payment, which had the tax number on it, which I have just had a look at and is the same as the Thai owner's ID card number.

Both were required by Jomtien , in addition to the Thai blue book, tabien baan, page that matched the address on their Thai ID card.

I had recently moved, so maybe the address requirements become simplier, if making a second annual extension, at the same address.

Any additional first hand information would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone confirm first hand, what is actually required by Jomtien, for a one year extension, when renting a foreign owned condo?

1) Owner's passport

2) Address page of the condo Yellow Book, foreigner tabien baan.

3) A rental receipt with the foreigner's tax number.

If following the same rules for Thais, would a Yellow Book, foreigner tabien baan, of the registered address of the foreigner be required?

If it was obvious then I wouldn't be asking and I guess this presumes that the foreign owner has registered to pay tax on the rental income.

Greatly appreciate any feedback that doesn't go off topic e.g. agents.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mfinasi said:

Is the owners name already in the blue book for the rented property? It might seem like a given, but not everyone puts their name in the bluebook, perhaps this is why they wanted the other tabien baan linked to ID? but that's not something i've seen before at SP and CW. 

A foreign owner cannot have a name in the Blue House Book for Thais.

51 minutes ago, khunPer said:

A foreign owner cannot have a name in the Blue House Book for Thais.

A blue house registration book is issued for every new dwelling regardless of the nationality of the purchaser.

A foreigner with permanent residence is by law entered in a blue house registration book as residing there.

This aspect is off topic in this here topic and further posts on this, if any, need to be removed.

2 hours ago, losable said:

For the privately owned apartments that I have stayed, neither of the Thai owners were in the Thai blue book, tabien baan, of the apartment. The only link of the owner's ID card to the apartment was via a receipt of payment, which had the tax number on it, which I have just had a look at and is the same as the Thai owner's ID card number.

The condo I just rented was problematic. The owner is not in the blue book.

However, CW accepted the property deed in lieu of the blue book to show proper ownership.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I meant to update this a while ago, but as timendres kindly stated, at Jomtien, they also accepted a copy of the foreigner's passport and the foreign owned condo chanote/property deed rather than the Thai blue book/tabien baan of the registered address on the Thai owner's ID card.

IO didn't check the payment receipt for the initial payment for a one year rental contact, which I had signed only a few days before, as I had finally found a nice quiet condo, with a seaview on a high floor, at a decent rate.

I intentionally had >1M baht deposited, despite the low interest rate, and it took longer for me to sign every page, than for the younger IO to accept.

It was the exact opposite experience to the one at CW, about two weeks before, when I was denied for not having 6 months remaining on my rental contract. The IO also wanted to see ALL the original paperwork for the non-O visa application, at Jomtien, from 15 months ago, as the IO didn't believe that it was legitmate, despite me showing my bank book going back 3 years and written in Thai on the visa that I had applied in person.