Thailand braces for intense heat with temperatures soaring

webfact

Anyone who goes to coastal California, and complains about the weather, should really go to

northern Canada or Alaska, and try Winter there. Thailand would feel

great after that. People living in the far north, are not as scared of global warming

as others are.

Just now, Donga said:

Alarmists seem to all suffer from short memories, restricted to last 30 years, or at best a few hundred years. Almost every time I research a claim of unprecedented heat or flood level, I find it is not true. The world may be slowly warming, but most of the rest is unproven, alarmist and often poorly modeled, if you look at some of the outrageous predictions over the last few decades.

The end of the world is nigh has a limited time frame, as previous doomsday cultists have found. And many people are tiring of them this time around.

Every time "I research." Really are you a scientist. Do you even know how to research climate trends except for what you find online? 

• Sad 8

On 2/20/2024 at 1:15 PM, digger70 said:

Nice to show us that, Kicker I remember some 40 + up in NQ hunting Pigs .

So it's Nothing New . The Scaremongers will be coming out the woodworks now to blame it on the Natural Phenomena/ Global Warming.

"Scaremongers "  "it's nothing new   "     But it is new .  
2023 is confirmed as the warmest calendar year in global temperature data records going back to 1850. 2023 had a global average temperature of 14.98°C, 0.17°C higher than the previous highest annual value in 2016 .     It's all good mates I remember laying  6 inch Terra cotta sewer main 103 in PA   What's the big deal?   Al Gore just looking for some money.What's science got to do with it?  I have personal narratives! 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Nasty. Reckon we’re in for heat records worldwide this year. Central/northern Thailand won’t be a nice place to be. 

Now 38C as I write this... 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, stargrazer9889 said:

Anyone who goes to coastal California, and complains about the weather, should really go to

northern Canada or Alaska, and try Winter there. Thailand would feel

great after that. People living in the far north, are not as scared of global warming

as others are.

I wonder why the people in the far North are not as scared.

• Like 1

In the past the cool season was pretty reliably from early Nov thru late Feb. This year it seems like it didn't start until mid-Dec and ended mid-Jan. Cool season vegetable garden was fairly disappointing as a result.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, arick said:

Last year March first was 40 c stayed that way for two months.  My pool will be warm as piss 

I've never thought about measuring the temperature of my piss, bit kinky. 🙂

So you don't get offended, I apologise for this post.

My pool is still cool.

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We've got 35 or 36 forecast in my area of Kalasin Province for at least the next 10 days. About average.

Last year, things remained relatively cool for quite a while. I remember going through the first week of April without much hot weather at all. Things warmed up soon thereafter, however, and May was pretty hot. But nothing I couldn't deal with. I agree, though, that the past few days have been sort of normal as to what I'd expect. Right now, at a little after 2pm, it's 34 and comfortable. 

42 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

Roll-on the thunderstorms- keeps the dust down.

Then headlines Record Floods. People used to laugh at the idiots walking on the street with chalk boards "The world is ending" now they are all over main stream media. A couple of weeks ago in the UK "Over 8 inches of snow to fall all over the uk over night". We hardly got a snow flake at my home in Scotland. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:52 PM, stix40 said:

Sounds like they are getting the weather news from the daily Expenses UK 

Obviously thousands of people to die imminently ! 

Nah, Barnsley is just fine.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Donga said:

Alarmists seem to all suffer from short memories, restricted to last 30 years, or at best a few hundred years. Almost every time I research a claim of unprecedented heat or flood level, I find it is not true. The world may be slowly warming, but most of the rest is unproven, alarmist and often poorly modeled, if you look at some of the outrageous predictions over the last few decades.

The end of the world is nigh has a limited time frame, as previous doomsday cultists have found. And many people are tiring of them this time around.

Like I said…..