Trump moves to dismiss his classified documents indictment, citing presidential immunity

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I could care less about trump... my question remains... why is joe so protected from his corruption?  This just in... in case all you read is liberal left media... 

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., chairman of the House Oversight Committee that’s spearheading the investigation into the first family, revealed the findings that are surfacing in the probe, during his appearance on "Mornings with Maria" Tuesday. 

"I think we’ve established a pattern, a pattern that Joe Biden did communicate with every single person that wired his family millions of dollars. We’ve uncovered a pattern that they were selling the brand," Comer said. 

"There’s no buying businesses when the media says Hunter Biden and Jim Biden owned an energy company, they didn’t own an energy company. They owned an influence-peddling scheme. That’s all this is," he declared.

You are making a case for the impeachment of James Biden and Hunter Biden. Not really offering anything that would constitute an impeachable offence on the part of Joe Biden.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

On Friday, Biden announced that the U.S. will impose more than 500 new sanctions on Russia as a result of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. However, it has since been revealed that two Russian oligarchs linked to Hunter Biden were spared in the president’s decision, Yelena Baturina and Vladimir Yevtushenkov.

As for Baturina. This issue has repeatedly been addressed. Yelena Baturina has been living in exile in the UK since 2010. She is in no way a friend or supporter of the current Russian government. Quite the contrary.

I don't know about Yevtushenko. Are all the Russian oligarchs now being sanctioned by the US?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He is not even stating any facts. Only an opinion.

Well, he is stating some facts. Hunter Biden admitted to Devon Archerthat he was using his father's name to get business. He also admitted that he had absolutely no influence over his father. And it's true that Biden didn't sanction Baturina. But it's also true that Baturina is no longer an oligarch. She's living in exile, an enemy of the current Russian regime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, he is stating some facts. Hunter Biden admitted to Devon Archerthat he was using his father's name to get business. He also admitted that he had absolutely no influence over his father. And it's true that Biden didn't sanction Baturina. But it's also true that Baturina is no longer an oligarch. She's living in exile, an enemy of the current Russian regime.

If Hunter Biden were not the son of the president, he might be living in poverty.

Of course, the same could be said about Eric and Don, Jr.

Nepotism is a thing.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If Hunter Biden were not the son of the president, he might be living in poverty.

Of course, the same could be said about Eric and Don, Jr.

Nepotism is a thing.

Nepotism would be Biden giving his son a job or intervening to get him one. I don't know that there's any evidence that really happened. Whereas Trump's three dim bulbs we're all working directly for him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Nepotism would be Biden giving his son a job or intervening to get him one. I don't know that there's any evidence that really happened. Whereas Trump's three dim bulbs we're all working directly for him.

And, of course, even worse is that his daughter and son-in-law were actually high level govt officials, particularly Jared Kushner who was assigned responsibility for the Mideast. Even while Kushner was still a government official, Qatar participated in bailing his family out of Kushner's disastrous purchase of a building in Manhattan. We only know that because under NY law certain investments have to be made public. We still don't know how much of the total investment was Qatar's and other possible participants.  There is is virtually universal agreement that the terms of the agreement make no financial sense for the investors. So most likely the participants were parties with money to burn.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 9:04 PM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Unlike you I do have an advanced degree from an accredited university... TDS is a mental disease... help is available but you have to want to get better.

So, what is your take on Trump's argument that presidents have immunity from prosecution?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, what is your take on Trump's argument that presidents have immunity from prosecution?

Without that guarantee, he said, “the presidency as we know it will cease to exist.”  I tend to agree.  There are checks and balances built within the Constitution that limit what a president can and cannot do... use those.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Without that guarantee, he said, “the presidency as we know it will cease to exist.”  I tend to agree.  There are checks and balances built within the Constitution that limit what a president can and cannot do... use those.

So how would those checks and balances work, say, if the President had Senators who opposed him murdered?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Since the Supreme Court has decided to hear the immunity case, this is how I would argue it from the Constitution side:

Your honors, if a President had total immunity, what would prevent him from calling for the assassination of all Supreme Court Justices appointed by his predecessor?

I'm going to guess they would rule against immunity, and support the Constitution, where no one is above the law. They are no monarchs in the US, and it has worked perfectly well for 250 years. The only President whining about it is trump. Of course he whines about everything, snowflake that he is.

Well they certainly gave trump a 7 week delay my guess is they feel trump’s guilt for the attempted coup must be decided by the election,I disagree in the strongest terms it should be settled BEFORE the election.if they were interested they could expedite the hearing apparently they dident sad 😞 and deeply angered just no excuses none…….

• Agree 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:39 AM, stevenl said:

Check your numbers please.

I already noticed and added another post as I could not edit the original. Should be $114,000 a day, though I see some news outlets say $112,000 to $113,000 a day. It is still alot of money and will hit him hard in the pocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

I already noticed and added another post as I could not edit the original. Should be $114,000 a day, though I see some news outlets say $112,000 to $113,000 a day. It is still alot of money and will hit him hard in the pocket.

Yes, and I posted my remark before you added anything.