Big Joke fights for his name as summons rumours swirl around him linked with gambling sites

webfact

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

Think I read he was worth 300 million baht. so not so squeaky clean.

Why do you assume that because he is wealthy that he is corrup? He was a wealthy man before he joined the RTP.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

Think I read he was worth 300 million baht. so not so squeaky clean.

Why do you assume that because he is wealthy that he is corrup? He was a wealthy man before he joined the RTP.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn or ‘Big Joke’ insisted he was not connected to any probe into illegal online gambling websites. General Surachate said there was no link between him and illegality. The top cop instead suggested that a campaign was afoot to discredit him and linked it to a bizarre police raid on his home in Bangkok in September 2023.

Should that not be plural not singular on the word home, he has 3-4 houses in Bangkok, on a police salary?

I like to think he is innocent, but now I have my doubts.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Should that not be plural not singular on the word home, he has 3-4 houses in Bangkok, on a police salary?

I like to think he is innocent, but now I have my doubts.

He was a wealthy man before he joined the RTP. His wife is also from a wealthy family. He doesn't need his RTP salary to survive 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mavideol said:

we foreigners question RTP officer's way of living owning many houses/properties and expensive cars and affording all of that on a Police officer salary, it's normal that people have to wonder where all of that richness come from, quite sure is not from working a second "hard" job 555

So wrong, most of them do a bit of window cleaning on the side 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

Thai Police Officer must be suspended from his duty until judicial and investigative authorities clear the charges against him.

In European Union Officers and civil servants suspended out of service for 1-2 years.

Ιf Authorities clean up all accusations against them and their accusations do not stand then they return back at their positions more over the time where Officers -civil servants are out of their duty they continue to receice their salary 70%.

Thailand ranks in good position for corruption above average of some European countries.

Source:

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Thai Police Officer must be suspended from his duty until judicial and investigative authorities clear the charges against him.

Yes, there appears to be enough suspicion to warrant suspension or removal temporarily. Then an investigation can occur without his influence.  Sadly this tactic is used differently here, to put oil on the waters until he can return. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, there appears to be enough suspicion to warrant suspension or removal temporarily.

National Police Chief Torsak has transferred Big Joke's Crew to the RTP Central Office today. Of the eight one was head of Chantaburi Immigration, while another was head of Cha Chang Sao Immigration. They were threatening prosecutors and investigators a la Franky Five Angels. Big Joke knows how to build a good team.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/high-profile-online-gambling-case-sees-eight-police-officers-reassigned

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Corruption from the top down, he’s absolutely guilty. I stopped the other day on my bike and the cop asked me for 1000 I said I’ll go to the police station they’ll charge me probably two or 300 he said OK give me two or 300 TIT.

That happened to me the only one time out of quite a few times I was riding my Forza on the no motorbike part of the highway around Don Muang Airport, only I did not offer to go to the police station. I just offered the cop 300Bt instead of the 1000Bt he asked for and he took it with a smile. I do not agree with the rule and don't see why bikes over 250cc should not be allowed there. so I did not obey it.

18 hours ago, RobU said:

So sorry. Could it be something to do with the fact that in most of the cases reported by the media, the Thai police are very corrupt and I naturally assumed Big Joke was up there.

Hope he does not sue me.

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 1:55 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Yawn, any real news about someone, somewhere doing something good in Thailand, like a honest taxi driver returning 3 million baht cash left in his taxi by a Falange, give me a break please, Big Joke is as clean as a cars motor internally, oils ain't oils.

Remind me never to let you work on any of my vehicles

Edited by kwilco

20 hours ago, RobU said:

You seem to have a very naive view of Thailand. Why would a wealthy person want to be a policeman?

37 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Why would a wealthy person want to be a policeman?

Good one.

That's going to cause a short circuit in a few of the folks here who seem to think wealthy people are honest and incorruptible.

Hpakarn's father was a cop, so that's probably why he became one.

In higher-class families, the third son usually joins the RTP. Make some dosh, clean up messes.

All the corruption in Royal thai police must go straight up the ladder,

or why do  the lower ranks have so much debt ,What was it 3 Billion ?

I like Big Joke ,at least he sorted out Chiang Mai Immigration at the time.

These that are trying to lay charges on him , i am sure are super clean ..

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
Add on
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

You seem to have a very naive view of Thailand. Why would a wealthy person want to be a policeman?

Why wouldn't a wealthy person want to be a policeman?

On 2/24/2024 at 6:10 AM, mark131v said:

Lemmings, when they reach maximum population they simply throw themselves off the cliffs and die, please see Joe Ferrari, Big Joke and the present RTP Behaviour for clarity

How about some clarity with your accusations and bizarre analogy?  What has Surachate been charged with?  Joe Ferrari's involvement with the murder was videoed, he was charged, prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

Because he has a rich wife who can pay for the ladder climb to get notoriety.............😉

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Why wouldn't a wealthy person want to be a policeman?

Read his history and then reread your own post

Why do you assume that because he is wealthy that he is corrup? He was a wealthy man before he joined the RTP

On 2/24/2024 at 1:01 PM, spidermike007 said:

Think about how many of the guys he went after. Then research how many were actually convicted and jailed.

You must have some statistics to show your research, yes?  Or are you just "thinking about" that?

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

Read his history and then reread your own post

Why do you assume that because he is wealthy that he is corrup? He was a wealthy man before he joined the RTP

So what, tell us how he made his money and stopped doing that to be a policeman, no guessing now..........🤭

On 2/24/2024 at 1:42 PM, kwilco said:

The normal way of politics in Thailand is to avoid democracy and take people to court on corruption charges....which they can do because it will be a cold day in he'll before you can find anyone in power in Thailand who is not tainted by corruption 

But he's not being taken to court on corruption charges!

• Agree 1